Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Elacoin | Released | Fair Elastic Scrypt Mining | No Premine - page 15. (Read 133935 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Most alt coins have a very short life,elacoin have a shortest life.
Activity: 28
Left computer mining all day today, and it got 128 coins!

Then I ran the Windows wallet and it seems to have picked up an entirely different block chain in which other people have mined those coins rather than me Grin

I don't think I will be pursuing this coin any further.

--Tom
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
@Bit_John
Received thanks! Anyone else care to give up and test my windows qt wallet send your elacoins here EUvTJ9cLL7zmPP999CJhBsZPpNRcbcWGVZ
Activity: 56
If you have given up on elacoin send me what you have left to my windows compiled wallet address EUvTJ9cLL7zmPP999CJhBsZPpNRcbcWGVZ

BitJohn,

Because I am such a nice guy, I sent you 45.20622854 ELC

Good luck!
@Bit_John
If you have given up on elacoin send me what you have left to my windows compiled wallet address EUvTJ9cLL7zmPP999CJhBsZPpNRcbcWGVZ
@Bit_John
Didn't someone say this thread was locked?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

int64 nSubsidy = ((1 + (diff / 24)) * COIN) / (1 + (nHeight / 194400));

Would someone kindly tell me what is the nHeight variable and how does it change over time (or whatever that may change it)? Thanks.  Smiley
Its equal to the # of blocks.
Activity: 274
Merit: 250

int64 nSubsidy = ((1 + (diff / 24)) * COIN) / (1 + (nHeight / 194400));

Would someone kindly tell me what is the nHeight variable and how does it change over time (or whatever that may change it)? Thanks.  Smiley
@Bit_John
Wow super insightful! All I got from that is he is more legit and seems like a good guy. If you don't like the coin why do you even post here? I know trolling for good times...... The network is growing folks like to mine it if you dont like it go mine some hazard2 coins.
legendary
I wouldn't take Hazard seriously seeing how he doesn't respect other people around here and how he's clueless about programming yet he makes topics about code issues, commenting on basic code constructs he doesn't understand (source: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/elacoin-dev-continues-to-be-incompetent-for-the-second-time-read-on-204829 )

I'm sure many people are still running the 1000000 client.

And it's hilarious that crap like this even gets pushed out. This guy has no idea what he's doing in the code. He's just editing random variables and hoping they do what he wants.
You do realize it is >> right? higher >> means a lower number.
Perhaps I phrased that poorly. Or in a way that you did not understand. Anyway...

Allow me to rephrase it another way. By using an example. On bitcoin testnet, that variable in particular is decreased in order to reduce the minimum difficulty.

You, however, decided to increase it from it's starting value of 20, to an insane value of 1000000. You are in for some nasty difficulty spikes because of this.
LOL, I wonder if you actually know programming.

It was shifted right. Bitops. SHIFTING IT RIGHT DOES NOT INCREASE IT, IT DECREASES IT.
False.

That variable is in place to stop the difficulty from ever getting too low. It serves as the floor for difficulty, basically. There is enough documentation online to prove this.

You have increased that floor from 20 to 1000000. Ergo, you have INCREASED difficulty by an insane amount.

You've already proven yourself to be incompetent. Don't even act like you know a damn thing about how bitcoin works, or coin creation in general.

Just so you finally understand Hazard, a >> shift by 1000000* in this case is essentially the same as dividing by 2^1000000 which would result in an incredibly small number which a computer wouldn't be able to reproduce anyway, hence you can consider it 0. Source: I'm a programmer, relevant programming 101 guide for you: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/510681/in-c-programming-can-i-use-multiply-and-divide-to-shift-bits

* Note that I'm not sure why a shift by 1000000 was put in the code in the first place, that's wrong for other reasons which I'm sure the OP has discovered by now and has since fixed.
I'm aware. I'm tired of explaining this. This has to be at least the 10th time I've done soon.

You don't ever want that value to that high. The default value for the shift in bitcoin is 35. In litecoin, it is 20. I don't need a explanation on how bitshifting works. My entire point is that by setting that value to 1000000, he is setting up the difficulty retargets to be absolutely ridiculous.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
So to recap how this scam rolled,
OP clones litecoin,
Makes brew-haha about it being super cool right now,
Can't Google building Bitcoin for windows,
Gives sources out to two 3rd parties he barely knows,
Someone premines (Who cares at this stage),
They get leaked,
Gets mixed up with multiple accounts,
Panic changes the genesis block,
Re-releases despite the community backlash,
Then locks in his own now 3rd blockchain, That probably explains why it took him so long to generate a new one,
Gets noticed,
Decides to toll next alt coin as http://scam,
People keep mining regardless of countless posts like this one,
Everybody louses?

Also I hope someone Googles Shawn Wilkinson and finds all this, I mean really OP all that info right there when your trying to pull this obvious scam off?
https://github.com/elacoin/elacoin -> https://github.com/super3 -> http://super3.org/
OP should probably take App Development and Technical Consulting off the site till he really can.

This thread ...
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
I wouldn't take Hazard seriously seeing how he doesn't respect other people around here and how he's clueless about programming yet he makes topics about code issues, commenting on basic code constructs he doesn't understand (source: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/elacoin-dev-continues-to-be-incompetent-for-the-second-time-read-on-204829 )

I'm sure many people are still running the 1000000 client.

And it's hilarious that crap like this even gets pushed out. This guy has no idea what he's doing in the code. He's just editing random variables and hoping they do what he wants.
You do realize it is >> right? higher >> means a lower number.
Perhaps I phrased that poorly. Or in a way that you did not understand. Anyway...

Allow me to rephrase it another way. By using an example. On bitcoin testnet, that variable in particular is decreased in order to reduce the minimum difficulty.

You, however, decided to increase it from it's starting value of 20, to an insane value of 1000000. You are in for some nasty difficulty spikes because of this.
LOL, I wonder if you actually know programming.

It was shifted right. Bitops. SHIFTING IT RIGHT DOES NOT INCREASE IT, IT DECREASES IT.
False.

That variable is in place to stop the difficulty from ever getting too low. It serves as the floor for difficulty, basically. There is enough documentation online to prove this.

You have increased that floor from 20 to 1000000. Ergo, you have INCREASED difficulty by an insane amount.

You've already proven yourself to be incompetent. Don't even act like you know a damn thing about how bitcoin works, or coin creation in general.

Just so you finally understand Hazard, a >> shift by 1000000* in this case is essentially the same as dividing by 2^1000000 which would result in an incredibly small number which a computer wouldn't be able to reproduce anyway, hence you can consider it 0. Source: I'm a programmer, relevant programming 101 guide for you: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/510681/in-c-programming-can-i-use-multiply-and-divide-to-shift-bits

* Note that I'm not sure why a shift by 1000000 was put in the code in the first place, that's wrong for other reasons which I'm sure the OP has discovered by now and has since fixed.
legendary
No matter what you say or do your basicly just a greedy twat who ruins releases of other people.

Plain simpel
Your atrocious grammar makes it hard to take you seriously.

Milkshake ruined his own release by trying to premine some 1360 blocks. Why are we still having this discussion? I did you guys a favor by exposing what was going on. Don't kill the whistleblower.
I did not premine any blocks you fuckwit, either you or the other guy I gave it to premined.
If I premined, why would I post that I premined? That leaves either you or him as the preminer. And I'm leaning towards you, since he had an alibi.

Activity: 98
Milkshake
No matter what you say or do your basicly just a greedy twat who ruins releases of other people.

Plain simpel

Milkshake ruined his own release by trying to premine some 1360 blocks. Why are we still having this discussion? I did you guys a favor by exposing what was going on. Don't kill the whistleblower.
I did not premine any blocks you fuckwit, either you or the other guy I gave it to premined.
Activity: 79
FC2 was intended as a parody of sorts of current altcoin releases. If people wish to mine it, more power to them. It has had a surprisingly smooth launch, though, I will say.

HazardCoin (name subject to change), should I decide to develop it, will be a big departure from current altcoin releases, and will attempt to fix the problems we've seen with recent coins. It won't be a copypaste job.

FC2 perhaps did have a smooth launch - in terms of you being technically competent. I'm sure you know full well the that an insta-release with no announcement shouldn't be considered "smooth".

Just as long as you know, people are watching you with an eagle eye now Hazy. I'm hoping that if you decide to develop your own coin, you make the project rather transparent and ask for help/idea's from other people on your own thread - 2 heads are better than 1.
@Bit_John
He used the reference of twat and its association to you pretty elegantly.
@Bit_John
The coin isn't ruined http://www.elacoinpool.com/ 181 and growing again
legendary

Plain simpel

Activity: 112
FC2 was intended as a parody of sorts of current altcoin releases. If people wish to mine it, more power to them. It has had a surprisingly smooth launch, though, I will say.

HazardCoin (name subject to change), should I decide to develop it, will be a big departure from current altcoin releases, and will attempt to fix the problems we've seen with recent coins. It won't be a copypaste job.

Plain simpel
@Bit_John
The coin has 85 pages of replies in one day. From what I have seen post release the coin looks good. Pre-release shook up a bit but this coin has legs and definitely has a reputation as being elegant.....ok maybe not elegant but its all in the name.
Pages:
Jump to: