Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Elacoin | Released | Fair Elastic Scrypt Mining | No Premine - page 8. (Read 133887 times)

Activity: 822
Merit: 1002
Official Website is back up.
Nice, but what about the blockchain? My client still doesn't synchronize - stucked on block 17819 and only 1 active connection.

Update:
I deleted the data dir and restarted the client, now it's on block 27188 dated on 30-Oct and 5 active connections.
Is it possible to get current on current block to mine this coin?
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
Official Website is back up.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Dead coin, right?

Too bad ...

currently in it's last kicks, but once i get time, i have a solution in mind.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
Dead coin, right?

Too bad ...
I've tried to contact cryptsy as you suggested, but no reply to my ticket yet.. But they still trade ELC, last transaction was placed yesterday.
legendary
um, best is to contact cryptsy and figure out which one they are using, maybe they can give you a node and the chain data. in my opinion wait it out until someone has the time to fix this. or you could ask someone to do it for yoy, then you mine it hard for a while by yourself (or with a small group) then announce the new client.
Thanks, I'll try.
I hope a talented dev will come here to revive ELC Smiley
I'm ready to test the updated client, PM me in case.

hmm, maybe i'll do it in a week, though i'd change the reward system to 1 and update the diff algo.
um, best is to contact cryptsy and figure out which one they are using, maybe they can give you a node and the chain data. in my opinion wait it out until someone has the time to fix this. or you could ask someone to do it for yoy, then you mine it hard for a while by yourself (or with a small group) then announce the new client.
Thanks, I'll try.
I hope a talented dev will come here to revive ELC Smiley
I'm ready to test the updated client, PM me in case.
legendary
I've deleted the database and started elacoin-qt to download it again, but this time it stuck on block 23080.
I have 2-4 connections.

{
"version" : 60300,
"protocolversion" : 60001,
"walletversion" : 60000,

"blocks" : 23080,
"connections" : 2,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 0.88827293,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1368868462,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"mininput" : 0.00010000,
"errors" : ""
}

But I don't get it how it's possible that ELC is traded on cryptsy, last trade occured yesterday. It means that there must be a good and current chain, right? Can someone upload and share it? I think there are people who would like to mine this coin.
Bump for elacoin

finally you are back, i think we need to fork the coin.
+1, I'm ready to mine it 24/7 for week or two to help revive this coin. If there is a working client or blockchain source please give me details. My client gives me only one connection and last block 18291:

{
"version" : 60300,
"protocolversion" : 60001,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" Tongue
"blocks" : 18291,
"connections" : 1,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 0.15935872,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1368868462,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"mininput" : 0.00010000,
"errors" : ""
}
Activity: 439
Merit: 250
Stupid question: But if someone was mining in a pool with 4 people, and they all had very low hash rate, that means that the payouts, even on PPLNS, will be extraordinarily low, right?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
damn this is horrible, i withdrawed my elc from cryptsy to my wallet and now i can't use them becuase the blockchain got stuck.
I already tested all things mentioned here and downloaded 3 versions which posted before here.
I deleted the Appdata folder and so on. Got stuck on one Version at 54 days, 34 days (and the one time at 2 days).
So has anybody a working copy of Elacoin QT?
Please post it here.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Is this still alive ?

...doesn't really look like. Can't find a sign of elacoin-life anywhere.
But it is still traded on exchanges. That should be changed... Undecided

Activity: 412
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is the Future of currency
Is this still alive ?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Bump for elacoin

Hmmm.... what going on with elacoin? I've a transaction sticked at 1 confirmation  Sad since three days Huh?
Perhaps somebody here knows something...
Regards
JK
legendary
Bump for elacoin

finally you are back, i think we need to fork the coin.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Sounds like merged mining would be a good idea.

That way you can go ahead and mine litecoin or whatever but still also be applying that same hashing power to this coin.

Your supporters thus won't have to choose between mining for profit and mining to support this coin, they can mine whatever scrypt coin they like for profit but also merge in this coin to support this coin.

-MarkM-

merged mining devalues the coin to 0.

if it has a purpose other than value, then that's great. this is why merging BTC and NMC is great: it keeps the NMC service alive.

ELC has no internal function other than value store, so merge mining it with LTC does nothing but devalue it.

no point. not a good idea.

coin isnt dead, seems to still be trading. work is being done on it.

That is ridiculous, if the purpose is to store value then creating yet another insecure crapcoin/scamcoin is totally antithetical to the purpose.

What we tend to actually see in practice is that the purpose is to scam people out of value, which value is then stored in bitcoins, litecoins, fiat, or pretty much anything other than the scamcoin itself.

-MarkM-
Activity: 181
Merit: 100

That way you can go ahead and mine litecoin or whatever but still also be applying that same hashing power to this coin.

Your supporters thus won't have to choose between mining for profit and mining to support this coin, they can mine whatever scrypt coin they like for profit but also merge in this coin to support this coin.

-MarkM-

merged mining devalues the coin to 0.

if it has a purpose other than value, then that's great. this is why merging BTC and NMC is great: it keeps the NMC service alive.

ELC has no internal function other than value store, so merge mining it with LTC does nothing but devalue it.

no point. not a good idea.

coin isnt dead, seems to still be trading. work is being done on it.
Activity: 206
Merit: 102
step forward

-MarkM-

A big buy of 20BTC, at the time of your post, made it profitable,..., ~350% over Bitcoin.
I think,  this coin it's monopolized by one guy, not too much fair. Blocks are released with delay to the network.

elacoinpool.com  without valid block since 2013-06-09...

Pages:
Jump to: