Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ETC] EternalCoin Incoming fork @ block 11800 [Scrypt] on bock 10938 - page 2. (Read 26680 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
EJU4joVP6Rj5M51WKQT7LN7U9JoqTEFrTT

thank you very much!
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
EbyB4YoncJFXcZdq5MMfrU25nitgBivo8c Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 78
EUpkCjscXrJovpvm9DSbcCoiDxXCDSpDeN 

LIKE THE COIN!
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
BUY IT

EMswo4RbfzXYTbqHBFWgchX3BPiPaZ38nm
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
EKjAejLghaVvfeXQBb2xzsYGnSZkHHJtY6
Activity: 223
EWwhm3WJLCA62tjd17scxuBMYxtLP6eAy8
Activity: 128
EbNMhuiteJrGVx7xqSiX8ht964KDEAo1TP
Activity: 98
The Eternal Coin

The Eternal Coin programme aims to initiate a global discussion on the nature of money and the concept of value. It takes a long-term and inter-generational approach and is an educative programme teaching the theory and mechanics of currencies. The Eternal Coin encompasses discussion on the composition of currencies which might, for example, enable sustainability. Ultimately, Eternal Coin aims to provide an online tool or "playpen" which will enable communities to design, create and transact with their own currency, whatever form that may take.
Activity: 98
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
if this coin gets an updated wallet with new logo and website that'll be good for this coin!
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

Follow the good road for mining and come with us on http://eternal.mining-road.com
- Proportional 0% fee
- Vardiff Stratum : stratum+tcp://eternal.mining-road.com:3339
- Powerfull Server (DDOS protected)

Server Spec :

Intel 12 Core Xeon (Dual E5-2620 12 x 2 GHz) CPU
32 GB DDR3 RAM

If you have any question, you can contact us by email "[email protected]".
You can follow us on Twitter : @MiningRoad Cool
Activity: 15
EbCKabLw6RfeaokJFio7fbaTKsR3xkvaP1  thanks eternally
Activity: 15
hope this coin survives and thrive
Activity: 126
I am happy to hear that, I would also put out there that I am now offering a 5k ETC bounty for the next 3 pools to come online. This is in anticipation of the update so we will have more pools running the updated client.
Activity: 140
eternal in dictionary

adjective
without beginning or end; lasting forever; always existing (opposed to temporal ): eternal life.
perpetual; ceaseless; endless: eternal quarreling; eternal chatter.
enduring; immutable: eternal principles.
Metaphysics . existing outside all relations of time; not subject to change.
noun
something that is eternal.
the Eternal, God.

7.mine and dump

whats the purpose of this coin? I am fine with the last one but we need more activity here and more miners.

I would prefer for this coin not to get "dumped" but sold for a fair market price Tongue but I agree we do need more activity. I have been busy working on the actual client as of late and as a result the management of the coin has been suffering. I would really like for people who are holding large amounts of ETC to help with the marketing aspects of the coin (if this is not the case I am even willing to pay for people to promote it), as mentioned on earlier posts. There was not much of a community response so Instead I will try to create a position for 1 individual which will be the community liason / ambassador / whatever-they-would-like. Please PM me if you are interested in this as I do have responsibilities other than this coin which have kept me quite busy as well.

If someone can create a faucet I will fund it as well as send them a tip for setting it up / hosting it.

On a positive note: Kimoto Gravity Well works and will be included on version 1.2

The domain has been having some issues as well - I started a support ticket but haven't been updated much since then so I will follow up, but for the time being if you are able to replace "http://eternalcoin.info" with "https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-etc-eternalcoin-incoming-fork-block-11800-scrypt-on-bock-10938-423626" In the forum signature add please do so.

Thanks for your answer. I might have a look at some marketing ideas but I need to know the initial idea with the coin, that why I asked using dictionary reference as brainstorming help. The last one was provocative I believe. I have invested in mining this coin a lot so I have interest in this coin being a success. As an experienced developer and designer (both noncrypto) I can help with ideas but I am not sure I have time to implement webpages.
I am very happy with the individual that is working on the website, he created the logo as well.

The idea of this coin was a crypto currency in which the total distribution would been completed in what I thought was a short amount of time (after launch looking at other coins, I found out some other coins also have a short distribution time as well). My vision of this coin is a ~2 and a half year period which I would refer to as the "beta" -- only because my goal is to perfect the transaction model that bitcoin is currently using, what I mean by that is finding the correct settings of a crypto currency. A problem with the halving model is that transaction fees will have to take over as an incentive for miners to continue to mine, this seems inevitable to me. The other option would to be to continuously mint money but that would cause inflation, which causes the people who don't even necessarily make transactions to feel the burn. That is why I believe a coin should have mandatory transaction fees set in place (a percentage perhaps) so only the individuals who are moving their money (utilizing the network) would have to pay fees. There had to be a way to distribute the coins and I felt 2 years would be long enough to finalize a protocol and client I am proud of, and not so long that I would lose my patience.

Final Goal:
-The crypto currency would have 210million units in existence (even more in divisible units)
-It would have a (0.05%) transaction fee or a small base fee of 0.01
-Network would have a high enough hash rate so that double spend attacks are unlikely
-Not prone to inflation

Another vision of this coin is that it would actively give back to society either through the voting model I presented or through (0.01%) of all fees going to a treasurer who would allocate the funds to charities depending on community input.

I think it would also be a good idea to focus our marketing push after our website is out, so within a week or two I hope.

Fantastic answer, I have to make a forensic analysis of what you are saying. You have great long term ideas, I will continue to mine meanwhile.
eternal in dictionary

adjective
without beginning or end; lasting forever; always existing (opposed to temporal ): eternal life.
noun
the Eternal, God.

7.mine and dump

whats the purpose of this coin? I am fine with the last one but we need more activity here and more miners.

I would prefer for this coin not to get "dumped" but sold for a fair market price Tongue but I agree we do need more activity. I have been busy working on the actual client as of late and as a result the management of the coin has been suffering. I would really like for people who are holding large amounts of ETC to help with the marketing aspects of the coin (if this is not the case I am even willing to pay for people to promote it), as mentioned on earlier posts. There was not much of a community response so Instead I will try to create a position for 1 individual which will be the community liason / ambassador / whatever-they-would-like. Please PM me if you are interested in this as I do have responsibilities other than this coin which have kept me quite busy as well.

If someone can create a faucet I will fund it as well as send them a tip for setting it up / hosting it.

On a positive note: Kimoto Gravity Well works and will be included on version 1.2

The domain has been having some issues as well - I started a support ticket but haven't been updated much since then so I will follow up, but for the time being if you are able to replace "http://eternalcoin.info" with "https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-etc-eternalcoin-incoming-fork-block-11800-scrypt-on-bock-10938-423626" In the forum signature add please do so.

Thanks for your answer. I might have a look at some marketing ideas but I need to know the initial idea with the coin, that why I asked using dictionary reference as brainstorming help. The last one was provocative I believe. I have invested in mining this coin a lot so I have interest in this coin being a success. As an experienced developer and designer (both noncrypto) I can help with ideas but I am not sure I have time to implement webpages.
I am very happy with the individual that is working on the website, he created the logo as well.

The idea of this coin was a crypto currency in which the total distribution would been completed in what I thought was a short amount of time (after launch looking at other coins, I found out some other coins also have a short distribution time as well). My vision of this coin is a ~2 and a half year period which I would refer to as the "beta" -- only because my goal is to perfect the transaction model that bitcoin is currently using, what I mean by that is finding the correct settings of a crypto currency. A problem with the halving model is that transaction fees will have to take over as an incentive for miners to continue to mine, this seems inevitable to me. The other option would to be to continuously mint money but that would cause inflation, which causes the people who don't even necessarily make transactions to feel the burn. That is why I believe a coin should have mandatory transaction fees set in place (a percentage perhaps) so only the individuals who are moving their money (utilizing the network) would have to pay fees. There had to be a way to distribute the coins and I felt 2 years would be long enough to finalize a protocol and client I am proud of, and not so long that I would lose my patience.

Final Goal:
-The crypto currency would have 210million units in existence (even more in divisible units)
-It would have a (0.05%) transaction fee or a small base fee of 0.01
-Network would have a high enough hash rate so that double spend attacks are unlikely
-Not prone to inflation

Another vision of this coin is that it would actively give back to society either through the voting model I presented or through (0.01%) of all fees going to a treasurer who would allocate the funds to charities depending on community input.

I think it would also be a good idea to focus our marketing push after our website is out, so within a week or two I hope.
eternal in dictionary

adjective
noun
the Eternal, God.

7.mine and dump

Another update: the website is currently being built as well, it will most likely be out within the next few weeks.
eternal in dictionary

adjective
noun
the Eternal, God.

7.mine and dump

eternal in dictionary

adjective
noun
the Eternal, God.

7.mine and dump

Pages:
Jump to: