Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethercoin | Redeemable 1:1 for ethers | Official Thread - page 10. (Read 60916 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Can someone post some nodes for .conf file, as i am getting zero connections to the network.

thanks,
Activity: 72
Merit: 10

you pay now double to three times the price of initial price. And count the rist involved in this anonymous product you have to give trust into, so its beyond good and bad.

Just run away, the best you can do here.

Since they missed the original sale the price is higher.  When ethers start trading freely, the price will be higher still if there is lots of demand.

As for risk, we are happy to use escrow to deliver the ethers if you are worried about that.
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
Just curious ..  Would you mind showing your personal holdings on the ethercoin.cc website too.
The reason being that people would know that you indeed have an even larger reserve that you intend to keep and that your interest in the real ether coin is as much as anyone else who holds the ethercoin that you have  sold.

We won't be posting our personal holdings at this time. But we can consider it for the future.

That would shoot the price up .. Just Saying . Cheesy

you pay now double to three times the price of initial price. And count the rist involved in this anonymous product you have to give trust into, so its beyond good and bad.

Just run away, the best you can do here.
Just curious ..  Would you mind showing your personal holdings on the ethercoin.cc website too.
The reason being that people would know that you indeed have an even larger reserve that you intend to keep and that your interest in the real ether coin is as much as anyone else who holds the ethercoin that you have  sold.

We won't be posting our personal holdings at this time. But we can consider it for the future.
Impossible to be a scam since we're happy to use escrow.

It's worth pointing out that there is a common scam where people offer two services: one is trust-free and can't be a scam, and the other requires trust. They use the legitimacy of the first in order to convince people to use the second, and then run off with the second group's money.

I'm not saying that's what you're doing here, but it makes me nervous that you aren't defaulting to escrow in all cases.

Thanks for your input.  We would be happy to use escrow in all cases, but also saw lots of demand from people who wanted to move their coins around.  We do  address this concern in our FAQ for people who choose not to use escrow.

Yeah i got a few comments deleted too  Shocked
This thread stinks.

Please see our moderation policy on the 1st post.  We moderate trolling, spam, and 'scam11!1!' posts (especially since we have answered that concern in the FAQ)
Activity: 16
Impossible to be a scam since we're happy to use escrow.

It's worth pointing out that there is a common scam where people offer two services: one is trust-free and can't be a scam, and the other requires trust. They use the legitimacy of the first in order to convince people to use the second, and then run off with the second group's money.

I'm not saying that's what you're doing here, but it makes me nervous that you aren't defaulting to escrow in all cases.
this is not blatant scam?  Huh

If you want to buy using a trusted escrow, we are happy to do so.

Seriously? Who? And they will hold each other's coins for how long? At which price? locked until the actual Ether release?
c'mon, jeeeezuz ...  Huh

Cant wait for an official statement by the actual Ethereum dev team.

See the 1st post for details.  The Escrow provider will hold the BTC and ETC, and only forward the BTC once the ETC is converted into real ethers.  We're willing to work with the buyers' own escrow providers as long as they're reputable.
A word of warning.  I asked these guys if they would do escrow via pm and never got a response.

Yeah this thread is a scam, should be reported.
Has no link with ethercoin devs.
If you want to loose a bitcoin then here is the right place.

As we've said many times, if you don't trust us, we're happy to use escrow.  Posting over and over that this is a scam is not very constructive dialog for this thread. See 1st post for our moderation policy. If there is a legitimate concern in your post that hasn't already been addressed earlier in the thread let us know.
A word of warning.  I asked these guys if they would do escrow via pm and never got a response.

We saw your msg and replied.

Ethereum warned people about secondary markets - like Ethercoin - in their forum.

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/1517/sell-ethercoin

We're aware of a number of so called 'second markets' for ethereum that have automagically sprung up in the last few days.

It's impossible to trade ether either during or post ether sale. The reason is as simple as it is obvious: if Alice tries to sell her wallet to Bob, what tells Bob that Alice has not kept a copy of her wallet somewhere? Nothing, its impossible to prove, and therefore it's impossible to safely trade ether pre-genesis.

Thank you to the many people who have reported this.

Be careful what you say about these guys,  They deleted my last comment about a similar asset being on the Nxt exchange.

The NXT asset does not have a proof-of-reserves.   This thread isn't a promotional tool for people who want to make fake NXT assets and spam them here.
this is not blatant scam?  Huh

No.

If you don't trust us, we can use escrow if you'd like. See 1st post for details.
Activity: 12

Ethereum warned people about secondary markets - like Ethercoin - in their forum.

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/1517/sell-ethercoin

We're aware of a number of so called 'second markets' for ethereum that have automagically sprung up in the last few days.

It's impossible to trade ether either during or post ether sale. The reason is as simple as it is obvious: if Alice tries to sell her wallet to Bob, what tells Bob that Alice has not kept a copy of her wallet somewhere? Nothing, its impossible to prove, and therefore it's impossible to safely trade ether pre-genesis.

Thank you to the many people who have reported this.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
this is not blatant scam?  Huh

Seriously? Who? And they will hold each other's coins for how long? At which price? locked until the actual Ether release?
c'mon, jeeeezuz ...  Huh

The volume on the exchange is very thin.  That means if there aren't a lot of asks and someone buys them all, the price will go up. 

Clearly, we can't control what people do on the exchange.  If more volume comes in the there will be less volatility.
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Never back down !!!

not sure, but looks like will only know at Q1 2015
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
Activity: 336
what the mean redeamble 1:1 ?? thanks

It means they promise to send one real ether for each ethercoin once real ether is released.
Activity: 390
Interesting. Thanks for the opportunity Ethercoin.
I did sure miss Ether sale, so this is nice.

The whole Etherium project seems amazing, I can't wait till its out.

Hi,

They only way to buy them is thru here? No exchange?

Thanks.

How come is listed @coinmarketcap if your coin is not in any exchange?

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-ETC

Thanks!

Are you still selling 1000 for a 1 bitcoin?

I wonder the same.
Pages:
Jump to: