Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethercoin | Redeemable 1:1 for ethers | Official Thread - page 6. (Read 60916 times)

legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Does anybody had issues with the ethercoin wallet? My wallet cannot sync. Each time I open it, the wallet stays syncing at 15% and then it's stuck (no progress at all). It says it has only 1 active connection to the ethercoin network but sometimes there are no connections at all. I tried deleting all the files from blockchain data at the appdata directory and leaving only the wallet.dat file, but still no luck  Sad

Any help?
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
If anyone's looking to sell a lot of ether PM me with amount and pricing, thanks!
Activity: 1582
Merit: 253
How about bonded escrow?  3x BTC value or something
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
There is any collateral you put on scrow? I got a quote from you, but I have my doubts... lets imagine this situation:

* I assume you have 1.000.000 ethereum
* I put 10 BTC to scrow, you put the proportional ETC

Now, what can happen at market opening:

* ETH goes x10, then you may choose to loose the ETC of the scrow since it will more profitable to sell the ETH instead of having the BTC
* ETH goes to 1 cent each... you may choose to deliver the ETH since the BTC worth more.

Seeing this, it is always a win situation for you, so I want to know if there are clauses to protect both sides and have win-win situation.

Unfortunately there is no way around this scenario.  In the worst case you are guaranteed to have your BTC back, which means you would be in the same position you are in now anyway.   Of course, we promise to honor every purchase no matter what. But short of our promise there is no way to guarantee anything. 

The purpose of the escrow is to protect people who are worried that we will take their BTC and run away AND not give them any ether.

That being said, if your purchase is large enough -- we are willing to put down a portion of collateral as a security deposit that will be paid to you if we don't deliver the ETC within 24 hours of launch.  PM us to discuss.
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
Its in there best interest to have full price discovery.

As individuals begin to trade ETC for real Ethers .... feedback will confirm that ETC is viable.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
There is any collateral you put on scrow? I got a quote from you, but I have my doubts... lets imagine this situation:

* I assume you have 1.000.000 ethereum
* I put 10 BTC to scrow, you put the proportional ETC

Now, what can happen at market opening:

* ETH goes x10, then you may choose to loose the ETC of the scrow since it will more profitable to sell the ETH instead of having the BTC
* ETH goes to 1 cent each... you may choose to deliver the ETH since the BTC worth more.

Seeing this, it is always a win situation for you, so I want to know if there are clauses to protect both sides and have win-win situation.
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
Activity: 396
ethercoin is a pre sale of ethers maybe ethercoin should develop with a website and a online wallet
Grin
Definitely!
Activity: 406
ethercoin is a pre sale of ethers maybe ethercoin should develop with a website and a online wallet
is ethercoin and ethers the same thing?

ethercoin is ethercoin my friend. I believe ether is ethereal

I hope sure! kaka

ethercoin is ethercoin my friend. I believe ether is ethereal
Activity: 406
I sad ....  Cry can you help me  Huh
hi Guys!

Can you help me ? thanks  Cool
WALLET DOWNLOADS
Ethercoin v1.1 downloads

Windows v1.1
Mac OSX v1.1
Ubuntu Linux v1.1

I think, Ethercoin to the Moon

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
We haven't decided on the length of the redemption period, but we will guarantee that it will be open for at LEAST 30 days from the launch of Frontier.

We might keep redemption open until some time after Homestead has launched.

Frontier will not be using the Mist browser. Frontier requires code entries (a command line) and runs mostly on ubuntu.

Lots of folks are not at this level including myself.

Frontier is not meant for the average "buyer".

You need to think this through a little more and give people more time well into the homestead phase with full browser capabilities.

We will take a wait and see approach.  From what we have heard, nearly everyone wants to redeem when Frontier launches.  We'll make sure that there is a long enough period for everyone to redeem in all circumstances.
Pages:
Jump to: