Author

Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts - page 467. (Read 821107 times)

Activity: 255
Merit: 250
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
So is running the official "mist" wallet w/ rejecting the DAO fork the same thing as ETC?

I would run this: https://github.com/ethereumclassic

Check the blocks between the two to compare if you are on the right chain.
Activity: 324
Merit: 261
Decentralized crypto-currencies are the main reason why blockchains are actually worth anything (right now anyways) and most people should know this. It will rise to 4-5$ within the next week because of all the people who are upset about the hard fork and being let down about not being ran by a big brother sort of figure.

The best way to make money trading is to bank on feelings because that is the only reason why prices of stocks, coins, etc are given their value.

Also if you're a true believer of blockchain, do not think traders have forgotten about you because without you guys, none of us would be here and we truly do believe in the work you guys have put in.

Ethereum Classic will still reign
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
So is running the official "mist" wallet w/ rejecting the DAO fork the same thing as ETC?
I mining classic chain and will support it. Blockchain must be immutable

If it's not it is just a centralized database with "phantom" decentralization.

This is not true immutability or security methodology.
Activity: 746
https://ethstats.net/

Did the ETH hash rate just drop by 1 TH/s?

It was above 4 TH/s an hour ago Smiley
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Before you flame me, yes, I have screwed up bad. That being said, is there any way to fix this situation?

I sent a test to Polo from what I though was pre hf mist. It worked and I was given 13 ETC for the 13 ETH i sent along with my ETH. So I sent 400 eth but apparently something went wrong, user error I am sure. It looks like I sent 400 ETH to the polo ETC wallet address. My test worked, but the big transfer didn't. So now I can see 400 eth that was sent to the Polo ETC wallet address successfully but no conversion of any sort. this also took the ETH from my post HF wallet as well. I have a ticket with Polo open but wanted to ask if there was anything I can do on my side to recover the 400 ETH? Any ideas? I later found a splitter contract that apparently is designed to avoid this exact situation but I am a day late and a dollar short.

I am willing to offer up a reward to anyone who can help me recover. Any ideas?

ETH is not ETC - you cant send ETH to ETC wallets and vica versa they are different chains.

That's not what he means, though. He means when he sent his ETH to his Polo wallet that he sent ETH to his ETH wallet and ETC to his ETC wallet in the same transaction. He tried to replicate this with a larger transaction and didn't get the same results. So, I guess he needs to find a way to open his wallet on the other chain.

Thanks, I am in the process of syncing the chain on another pc so I can at least recover some of the ETC. The ETH appears to be sitting in the contract that Polo was using to convert, I am hopeful their support will either manally process or return. Thanks again for the suggestion. that will get the ETC, sometign is better than nothing
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I mining classic chain and will support it. Blockchain must be immutable
There is missing EU pool
OCminer ?  Cool

syncing the chain... 60%
can't wait

Maybe we can get some new mining optimization for this chain Smiley

hehe
Activity: 749
Merit: 503
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
You can place free ETC price ticker on your website https://www.cryptonator.com/widget and style it to match your design.

GL guys!
copper member
Activity: 416
Merit: 105
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
Really glad to see support for ETC taking off! Not only have we saved the true, immutable ETH blockchain, but we've ripped the BTC hard-fork-at-any-cost camp's arguments to shreds.

Good times! Cheesy

Blockchains are inherently decentralized - immutability and aversion to attack and persuasion is the security methodology this is why we are all here in the first place my friend.  Cool

true bitcoiners are immutability freaks.

you dont wanna give them the opportunity to drive a speculative attack once you breach the immutability of any alleged system.

bitcoin rules. shitcoin dies.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
There is missing EU pool
OCminer ?  Cool

syncing the chain... 60%
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
There is missing EU pool
OCminer ?  Cool
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
i should be getting same hashrate as I would on normal eth right? Just to make sure all is ok Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
Not surprising, I would anticipate more and more dirty play in this. Apposing sides just going to go back and forth, personally I am staying out of both until things clear up.

The amicable Ethereum community that Gun Sirer et al like to brag about revealed for the hollow reverberation it actually is.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
Getting this type of error , on Getwork network of this pool http://ethc.epool.io:

Code:
Found suitable OpenCL device [Tahiti ] with 3221225472 bytes of GPU memory
  m  23:35:42|main  Getting work package...
  X  23:35:52|main  Failed to submit hashrate.
  X  23:35:52|main  Dynamic exception type: class jsonrpc::JsonRpcException
std::exception::what: Exception -32003 : Client connector error: libcurl error: 28 -> Operation timed out

JSON-RPC problem. Probably couldn't connect. Retrying in 1...

.. On every slots
Any ideas?

They are probably still under DDOS.

Try this pool: https://ethc.coin-miners.info/

Its working for me atm.

thanks , Im on coin-miners also...
Really glad to see support for ETC taking off! Not only have we saved the true, immutable ETH blockchain, but we've ripped the BTC hard-fork-at-any-cost camp's arguments to shreds.

Good times! Cheesy

Blockchains are inherently decentralized - immutability and aversion to attack and persuasion is the security methodology this is why we are all here in the first place my friend.  Cool
Activity: 746
Getting this type of error , on Getwork network of this pool http://ethc.epool.io:

Code:
Found suitable OpenCL device [Tahiti ] with 3221225472 bytes of GPU memory
  m  23:35:42|main  Getting work package...
  X  23:35:52|main  Failed to submit hashrate.
  X  23:35:52|main  Dynamic exception type: class jsonrpc::JsonRpcException
std::exception::what: Exception -32003 : Client connector error: libcurl error: 28 -> Operation timed out

JSON-RPC problem. Probably couldn't connect. Retrying in 1...

.. On every slots
Any ideas?

They are probably still under DDOS.

Try this pool: https://ethc.coin-miners.info/

Its working for me atm.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Good times! Cheesy
Jump to: