Author

Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning - page 1284. (Read 2003408 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
January 27, 2014, 06:02:59 PM
eMu is taking over this thread  Cheesy after so such FUD
legendary
Activity: 1498
January 27, 2014, 05:54:40 PM
eMunie lol  Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
January 27, 2014, 05:54:18 PM
seems like emunie is the only fundraising coin that is doing it right, whether you like them or not.

Months of public beta testing before the IPO as well as the founders themselves having to buy-in with no premine ... I wonder why they're not claiming they need to get paid for their work.  They seem to believe in their product more than the ether team does in theirs.

You have to respect that.

Ironically, users of this very forum drove the creator away and caused his released to be delayed multiple times with their FUD and scam accusations.

I've beta tested eMu and it's pretty nice, the inflationary model isn't for everyone and the ROI won't be as substantial as other Alt coins, but it has the potential to be very disruptive as a spenders currency.
legendary
Activity: 1120
January 27, 2014, 05:40:52 PM
seems like emunie is the only fundraising coin that is doing it right, whether you like them or not.

Months of public beta testing before the IPO as well as the founders themselves having to buy-in with no premine ... I wonder why they're not claiming they need to get paid for their work.  They seem to believe in their product more than the ether team does in theirs.

Ironically, users of this very forum drove the creator away and caused his released to be delayed multiple times with their FUD and scam accusations.
legendary
Activity: 1400
January 27, 2014, 05:36:12 PM

+1 eMunie is the true second generation coin
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
January 27, 2014, 05:34:59 PM
This will be a revolution.

this is not a revolution, this is just bullshit.

+1
+1
Look, I'll point my miners at ETH, but I'm not giving BTCs at a fixed initial exchange rate to this speculative platform. I can understand the need to raise money to get started, but it's better to let the market debate the platform's potential value, just like all the other coins.  You're not getting an insider advantage here. That's an illusion. Keep in mind, almost all IPOs go below their IPO price at some point. Patience is your friend.

Since there's effectively a 50% pre-mine here, AND they will dilute ETH's in the future, it's hashing only for me.

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
January 27, 2014, 05:33:40 PM

this is not a revolution, this is just bullshit. Propaganda has made you believe this is something special.

Ethereum may have decent tech backings. But the philosophy behind distribution and IPO fund raising is far below NXT. They basically want to give you sand for your gold. NXT asked for 21BTC to cover developments. Fine, totally fair IPO really. ETH is asking 30,000BTC!

Give them your BTC, support these devs and their counterparts with millions of dollars for a shitty coin.

Not only that, as soon as the IPO investments are distributed it immediately begins to decrease in value. From the first minute ETH launches, you are already losing your profit.

The only way this could possibly be any good is enough people supported this shit with a massive campaign and community. From what i've seen, 80% of this thread is a negative vibe towards eth. And not 1 comment from their PR? IPO is this week... pathetic.

Wake up man, this is almost as bad as a scam no matter how flashy their graphics or website is.
You can't sugar coat shit to make it taste better.

If you don't like NXT, then i suggest taking a look at eMunie. Fundamentally the same IPO, but a none whorish distribution. Those dudes have been working their asses off for 6-12months with maximum transparency, a beta client and solid features that will be launched on day 1. eMunie will work hard to make you a profit on your investment, not work hard to degrade it. http://emunie.com/

-1*1000 in my opinion. But hey, we are lucky enough to be involved in the next big industry a la internet circa 1995. do your own diligence folks
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
January 27, 2014, 05:21:27 PM

Activity: 294
January 27, 2014, 05:18:14 PM
Lets have a more technical discussion please

I agree. I keep coming back to this thread *hoping* to see an actual discussion on the technical merits, challenges, and risks, but the trolls only want to talk about the IPO funding.

The good news about this thread is that it's helping me build my ignore list rather rapidly =)

There's some decent discussions on the Reddit thread... though it's starting to get run over by "IF I INVEST WHEN CAN I SELL" threads....

Seems like very legit and important question, one no one was able to answer yet. People need to know for how long they'll be stuck with it without being able to sell. I would like to know the answer to it as well.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
January 27, 2014, 04:46:43 PM

this is not a revolution, this is just bullshit. Propaganda has made you believe this is something special.

Ethereum may have decent tech backings. But the philosophy behind distribution and IPO fund raising is far below NXT. They basically want to give you sand for your gold. NXT asked for 21BTC to cover developments. Fine, totally fair IPO really. ETH is asking 30,000BTC!

Give them your BTC, support these devs and their counterparts with millions of dollars for a shitty coin.

Not only that, as soon as the IPO investments are distributed it immediately begins to decrease in value. From the first minute ETH launches, you are already losing your profit.

The only way this could possibly be any good is enough people supported this shit with a massive campaign and community. From what i've seen, 80% of this thread is a negative vibe towards eth. And not 1 comment from their PR? IPO is this week... pathetic.

Wake up man, this is almost as bad as a scam no matter how flashy their graphics or website is.
You can't sugar coat shit to make it taste better.

If you don't like NXT, then i suggest taking a look at eMunie. Fundamentally the same IPO, but a none whorish distribution. Those dudes have been working their asses off for 6-12months with maximum transparency, a beta client and solid features that will be launched on day 1. eMunie will work hard to make you a profit on your investment, not work hard to degrade it. http://emunie.com/

Activity: 294
January 27, 2014, 04:40:26 PM
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
January 27, 2014, 04:22:37 PM
If I have .1 BTC to invest, will I be able to invest that small of an amount?

Invest that .1btc into something else. That is petty for this IPO. You will only get 100-200ETH. Which is pathetic.

You'd be lucky as hell to increase that investment by 50% in 3 years with ETH. I would not support these money whores.

You would make more profit investing that into Shitcoin X.
Activity: 350
January 27, 2014, 04:22:12 PM
30,000BTC? That's a bit much IMO. Doesn't seem like a good strategy for investors either. What's to stop this coin from being cloned, renamed and relaunched with a fair launch minus the IPO? One of the main things for investors is IP and this coin doesn't do much to safeguard that. I'm not trolling the thread just stating my viewpoint as a potential investor.

The involvement of Goldman Sachs employees doesn't bode well either. GS translates into corruption on an international level.

Activity: 448
Merit: 280
January 27, 2014, 04:19:18 PM
The ROI is not for the owners after the presale ! Just for Ethereum team (someone leaved school for that).
Activity: 322
January 27, 2014, 03:47:06 PM
Maybe a nice Idea, but again it's an investment scheme in it due to the limited supply of Etheres.

That are all nice functions, but I don't see, why in order to use them one has to buy into a highly speculative currency. In fact smart property, smart contracts, decentralized exchange, etc. Would all work better if issuers and and users of these wouldn't need to buy into a currency that is intended to get more and more expensive in order to use it.

I see really nice developments in crypto and it's cool that so many obviously smart people get involved in it.

But it's utterly disappointing, that everything build is at is core build only to make the early adopters rich. (Same thing with: Mastercoin, ProtoShares, Nxt, etc)

What all this people could accomplish if they would help develop Bitcoin?  Sad

Aren't Bitcoin early adopters rich? what's your point.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
January 27, 2014, 03:35:29 PM
Assuming that Eth will reach the hard cap (30000BTC) at IPO, there are about 30,000,000-60,000,000 eths sold in total (Let's take a median value 45,000,000). Considering 50% premine, the amount of eth should be 1.5*45,000,000 ~ 67,500,000 at launch.
Until 2070, the total amount of eth should be 67,500,000*(1+0.4*46)~ 1,309,500,000.

So just don't worry about the inflation. The amount JUST increase about 20 times in 46 years.
It's only a bit, isn't it?

This type of fundraising puts investors in a very bad spot. Right out the gate, miners will be reducing their value very rapidly. Exactly 1 year after, devs/founders will dump 1/3 of their stash.
So investors will have to fight just to retain their ROI... not a spot you want to put yourself in when investing in any other coin could give you hundreds of % easily (if you pick the right one). Not to mention, in 46 years, your initial stake will be diluted to 5% of it's original value, so holding for the long term is not particularly rewarding.

And my question of why ETH should have any value has not quite been answered. It's not being put forward as store of value, ETH's value is in the programs that can run on top of ETH. So they create a situation where most people won't actually buy more ETH than they need to run a particular program (ie. no one is going to want to hold ETH with these initial inflation rates and risk of devs dumping 1 year out). Why hold ETH when you can hold other coins, make a killing from price increases, and simply send a few dollars over to ETH if you happen to need to run a script? Why take a risk with the rapid inflation that may or may not devalue your original stake by -66% one year from IPO? 1-(0.5/[(0.5/3)+0.5+0.4])

In the beginning there will be very few programs to run and a lot of ETH available... perhaps it will be better to buy (and mine) after launch. ETH is a good idea, but they punish investors much too greatly.

Bump. To reiterate, I feel that ETH is a very good idea, but a terrible investment to make because of how the inflation is structured, punishing those before the 1st year the heaviest.
Activity: 378
January 27, 2014, 03:09:28 PM
Lets have a more technical discussion please

I agree. I keep coming back to this thread *hoping* to see an actual discussion on the technical merits, challenges, and risks, but the trolls only want to talk about the IPO funding.

The good news about this thread is that it's helping me build my ignore list rather rapidly =)

There's some decent discussions on the Reddit thread... though it's starting to get run over by "IF I INVEST WHEN CAN I SELL" threads....

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
January 27, 2014, 02:46:21 PM
http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2014/01/ethereum/?cid=co17648004

when can i pay money and when can i start mining?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 27, 2014, 02:34:45 PM
I've posted a little infogram about the fundraiser which might help understand it a bit better:

- http://www.ursium.com/ethereum-fundraiser-infogram/

There is this tiny-little thing you didn't mention there Wink

30,000 BTC that will be initially sent to a multisig exodus address controlled by the fiduciary members and then moved to a holding entity established in Canada that will be gradually converted into a decentralized autonomous organization run completely on the Ethereum blockchain within 24 months of the launch of Ethereum for mining

These fiduciary members controlling raised BTC assets, with no investment of their own that they haven't been already properly compensated for (0.225X),
are already running wild IMHO. And we haven't even started....
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Ethereum
January 27, 2014, 02:10:50 PM
I've posted a little infogram about the fundraiser which might help understand it a bit better:

- http://www.ursium.com/ethereum-fundraiser-infogram/
Jump to: