Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Everyone needs to calm down about Cryptsy - page 2. (Read 4144 times)

Activity: 215
Merit: 100
I just had an absolutely MAD trading session in the last few minutes.

I was trading LTC/NET. My orders weren't going through and so I cancelled and re-instated them at a new price. The trading engine acknowledged the cancellations with the "Your order #87687687 was cancelled" etc.

I left everything alone for a while and suddenly all my cancelled orders started COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD AND EXECUTED ALONG WITH THE NEW ORDERS !!!   They left my NET balance with a massive great negative and my LTC balance through the roof.

Now I'm trying to get back into the market just because I don't want to leave my account in debt.

This sh*t really is crazy. No self respecting professional would leave a business running that was so fundamentally faulty. They KNOW the site doesn't work - leaving it open for business for unsuspecting customers is bordering on criminal. I won't say it *is* criminal because that's a matter for lawyers, but I don't think it's professional. It needs to be closed down with immediate effect and the trading engine replaced wholesale.

There is fundamentally bad business logic going on with the code - for example, no backstop validations for overspending, reporting transactions complete to the user that aren't (e.g. "your order has been cancelled"), decrementing balances before the transaction has completed. This engine has been written in a hurry - or at least it feels like it - and now it's just going to kill the site.
Oh, I just had somewhat similar experience, but it was worsened by self-audit in between. If you didn't run it yet, try it - it's the new button on balance page: "Audit My Accounts"
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188
I just had an absolutely MAD trading session in the last few minutes.

I was trading LTC/NET. My orders weren't going through and so I cancelled and re-instated them at a new price. The trading engine acknowledged the cancellations with the "Your order #87687687 was cancelled" etc.

I left everything alone for a while and suddenly all my cancelled orders started COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD AND EXECUTED ALONG WITH THE NEW ORDERS !!!   They left my NET balance with a massive great negative and my LTC balance through the roof.

Now I'm trying to get back into the market just because I don't want to leave my account in debt.

This sh*t really is crazy. No self respecting professional would leave a business running that was so fundamentally faulty. They KNOW the site doesn't work - leaving it open for business for unsuspecting customers is bordering on criminal. I won't say it *is* criminal because that's a matter for lawyers, but I don't think it's professional. It needs to be closed down with immediate effect and the trading engine replaced wholesale.

There is fundamentally bad business logic going on with the code - for example, no backstop validations for overspending, reporting transactions complete to the user that aren't (e.g. "your order has been cancelled"), decrementing balances before the transaction has completed. This engine has been written in a hurry - or at least it feels like it - and now it's just going to kill the site.
Activity: 238
Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins
I lost money = It's ok, he's a nice guy.

The site is farked and has been for weeks = It's ok, invite 40K more users now!

The data layout per page is shite = It's ok let's add more pairs and clogg the pages more.

My support ticket is canned responses 5 times now on a basic ticket = It's ok, don't blame them, it's your fault not theirs.

I show that I'm now pissed, lost funds, lost momentum = It's ok don't get mad at vern or Cryptsy, just watch them add more stuff to the site and not address core issues or your support ticket that's now 3 fucking weeks old.

The new servers aren't doing anything for their growth = That's ok they ordered more, but won't touch the current algo/engine or data per page layout and won't take suggestions from users, just more growing pains and we welcome more users while we can't fix stuff.

I've been as patient as one can be, I don't give a shit if BigVern kicks puppies or walks lil' old ladies across the street - this is my business and livelyhood they are messing with and the team there is getting rude re how they want US to react to their flaws and delays.

I'm sorry but the last thing I'm going to do is cut them a break or sit here and suppress my concerns because they are nice people or deserving of a pass when they add MORE fucking pairs instead of fixing more important issues.

Maybe I'll love Cryptsy again one day, today is not that day, week, or month. Over 1000 trades there now, I've had it and won't be trading at all anymore until this is fixed or they are replaced by someone that does it right.

Being a victim of your own success doesn't give you the right to use that as a safety net when obliterating traders accounts for weeks at a time.

Amen.
Activity: 657
Merit: 500
MΣC
BigVern can be a nice guy, and this coin stuff may be "new", and we're expecting too much, but really, Cryptsy has had issues for so long now, numerous people have complained, and what does Cryptsy do? Instead of fixing existing issues they add more features and more markets which put more load on the site and get more people in deep shit.

Nice guy, but unbelievably stupid.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
 A made a deposit of 20 LTC four days ago from BTC-E and still NOTHING. It doesn't even appear in pending deposits. Then I tried yesterday depositing 1 LTC to see if it fixes the situation. After I few hours it appeared in pending deposits, but I still didn't get it. Fuc**** bastards. I can't trade nothing and I can't gain any money because I can't deposit nothing... Meanwhile Cryptos going crazy.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I made three bitcoins deposits into cryptsy in the last 12 hours and none of them have showed up, not even in pending.

Anyone else have bitcoin deposits not showing up?

I've tried to withdraw all my coins but they're in limbo too -.- ffs

Same here. Withdrawing 0.3BTC but not even pending! It totally disappeared from account

Crypsty became victim of its own success. Too much growth too fast
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I lost money = It's ok, he's a nice guy.

The site is farked and has been for weeks = It's ok, invite 40K more users now!

The data layout per page is shite = It's ok let's add more pairs and clogg the pages more.

My support ticket is canned responses 5 times now on a basic ticket = It's ok, don't blame them, it's your fault not theirs.

I show that I'm now pissed, lost funds, lost momentum = It's ok don't get mad at vern or Cryptsy, just watch them add more stuff to the site and not address core issues or your support ticket that's now 3 fucking weeks old.

The new servers aren't doing anything for their growth = That's ok they ordered more, but won't touch the current algo/engine or data per page layout and won't take suggestions from users, just more growing pains and we welcome more users while we can't fix stuff.

I've been as patient as one can be, I don't give a shit if BigVern kicks puppies or walks lil' old ladies across the street - this is my business and livelyhood they are messing with and the team there is getting rude re how they want US to react to their flaws and delays.

I'm sorry but the last thing I'm going to do is cut them a break or sit here and suppress my concerns because they are nice people or deserving of a pass when they add MORE fucking pairs instead of fixing more important issues.

Maybe I'll love Cryptsy again one day, today is not that day, week, or month. Over 1000 trades there now, I've had it and won't be trading at all anymore until this is fixed or they are replaced by someone that does it right.

Being a victim of your own success doesn't give you the right to use that as a safety net when obliterating traders accounts for weeks at a time.
Activity: 196
The real problem is that they are keeping the site up instead of fixing it, it's so stupid. No serious business would do that.
Take the fucking site down and run an audit on all users, complete all deposit/withdraw and reopen again.
I seriously don't understand why it's so difficult, they are just losing so much in image in a very positive moment for cryptos
I made three bitcoins deposits into cryptsy in the last 12 hours and none of them have showed up, not even in pending.

I've tried to withdraw all my coins but they're in limbo too -.- ffs
If BigVern closed down the site to fix known and ongoing issues, then how could he continue to charge transaction fees?

It is impossible for him to do anything wrong since we know his real identity.

No one is crediting him for adding extra LTC markets over the past 24 hours. 99% of complaints on this board over the past 2 weeks have been regarding the urgent need to add more LTC markets. He has delivered. End of story.

As for the remaining 1% of criticisms fixated on lost lost money and lost opportunity: everyone gets it, but seriously---you need to understand that BigVern is a nice guy. Why should it suddenly become his problem if Cryptsy users experience issues while he is away in Las Vegas?

Thats great but what about the other chunk of people who have to wait untold hours before transfers from wallet show up at the site? I mean it can be understood a little time but in many cases it takes hours and hundreds of confermations before I see many of the coins finally show up as "pending" and then they are stuck there for an untold amount of time.

On top of that coins just going missing is another thing. Why do another service when the main engine is broke? Its like putting new tires on a car that has only but a frame left.

Plus a little more communication from support would help. To show at least they are aware of the problem. Running a site like this is a 24/7 job, the internets has no 9-5 hours.

This ^^
I placed a trade and my btc vanished. Has anyone else had this issue?
Loads of people. It is usually recommended to do another small trade on the same currency pair, or request an account audit. I would wait a little in your place, as right now site is broken beyond belief anyway.

Thanks,
Should I PM anyone here? I opened a support ticket.
I think ticket is enough, cryptsy employees don't appear on this forum too often.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 593

More likely it will reappear on your account. Wait for some minutes or hours Smiley
legendary
Activity: 929
Merit: 1000
I am new to all this, but the message below appeared while doing a withdrawal from bter. It looks like it's not only cryptsy being overwhelmed with new traders.

We are updating our web servers. It's supposed to be finished in half hour. Please come back and try later.
我们正在升级服务器硬件,预计10分钟内完成,请稍后回来。
Email:[email protected]
Phone:0531-88818767
曼维科技

legendary
Activity: 1498
Loads of people. It is usually recommended to do another small trade on the same currency pair, or request an account audit. I would wait a little in your place, as right now site is broken beyond belief anyway.

Thanks,
Should I PM anyone here? I opened a support ticket.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Thats great but what about the other chunk of people who have to wait untold hours before transfers from wallet show up at the site? I mean it can be understood a little time but in many cases it takes hours and hundreds of confermations before I see many of the coins finally show up as "pending" and then they are stuck there for an untold amount of time.

On top of that coins just going missing is another thing. Why do another service when the main engine is broke? Its like putting new tires on a car that has only but a frame left.

Why is any of that BigVern's responsibility? I hear he adopts rescue animals.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501

shoot at least your coins "were" in your account, I am still waiting on some coins to get to the site.... hours later.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
If BigVern closed down the site to fix known and ongoing issues, then how could he continue to charge transaction fees?

It is impossible for him to do anything wrong since we know his real identity.

No one is crediting him for adding extra LTC markets over the past 24 hours. 99% of complaints on this board over the past 2 weeks have been regarding the urgent need to add more LTC markets. He has delivered. End of story.

As for the remaining 1% of criticisms fixated on lost lost money and lost opportunity: everyone gets it, but seriously---you need to understand that BigVern is a nice guy. Why should it suddenly become his problem if Cryptsy users experience issues while he is away in Las Vegas?

Plus a little more communication from support would help. To show at least they are aware of the problem. Running a site like this is a 24/7 job, the internets has no 9-5 hours.
Pages:
Jump to: