Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] - EvilMiners - Klondike k16 PCB Assembly - UK & Europe - paypal - page 2. (Read 16353 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I think nobody can expect a full 12 month retail warranty; this is a community DIY effort after all.

Just be sure to specify this explicitly in the T&C's to avoid any problems/misunderstanding in the future.

Those T&Cs would be completely irrelevant. EU law states that all consumer goods sold in the EU have a 2 year guarantee, regardless of what the sellers say.

section 1.3 of the EU goods act, I am not trading a company, this is in effect a group buy with no profit....so you have no guarantee
the consumer bought the good from a private buyer (i.e. the seller was not acting in the course of business);
Any warranty is offered on good faith, and off my own back....

and 1.4
There is no obligation on manufacturers to offer warranties (or guarantees).

So the t&c's are VERY relevant..
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
I think nobody can expect a full 12 month retail warranty; this is a community DIY effort after all.

Just be sure to specify this explicitly in the T&C's to avoid any problems/misunderstanding in the future.

Those T&Cs would be completely irrelevant. EU law states that all consumer goods sold in the EU have a 2 year guarantee, regardless of what the sellers say.
At around batch 3 yes
Before is less likely
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Just put my order in. Smiley

Whats the total board count now? (Are we nearing 100?)
Still waiting for k1 quote.....
To clarify, when I said this month, I meant July...

Im looking at other boards too, and have sent sample chips to the Arduino Duo miner project today.

For reference, this is the arduino project :-
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/diy-ardulonminer-218193

Activity: 336
Time for Plan ฿
I'm still waiting to see Bkk vs Burnin evole their boards further before deciding. And I guess others are as well

So would be early to close it this week I think?
Actually, it might be... Especially considering the chips are still more than 5 weeks away. Do you need to confirm the orders soon, evilscoop?

I too will be getting some boards from burnin (I like the higher chip density) but he's in Germany and the assembled boards with heatsinks might be quite heavy and expensive to ship here.
Activity: 476
I'm still waiting to see Bkk vs Burnin evole their boards further before deciding. And I guess others are as well

So would be early to close it this week I think?
indeed...
If I can secure these other 75 though, in batch 1, they have a full 10k chip order to push through later (yes they have their own batch)

This will work if I can jump through hoops etc....
What? Smiley The assembly company have ordered their own batch of chips? Shocked I wonder who gave them that idea! Tongue

no not the assembly company...
The people with the 75 boards in batch 1

Ive actually been very cagy with assembly people, they dont know what the board does....and they dont seem to care either....they have not asked...

Some others have asked.....
Time for Plan ฿
indeed...
If I can secure these other 75 though, in batch 1, they have a full 10k chip order to push through later (yes they have their own batch)

What? Smiley The assembly company have ordered their own batch of chips? Shocked I wonder who gave them that idea! Tongue
indeed...

Time for Plan ฿
15 orders with 75 in the wings if I can get k1's online in next 2 weeks, and demo's of the k1 built with their sample chips (and mine)
Only 15 orders for the K16 boards so far...? What's going on? Huh And 10 of those are mine...
15 orders with 75 in the wings if I can get k1's online in next 2 weeks, and demo's of the k1 built with their sample chips (and mine)

yes it would be a shame tbh, ive spent a lot of time, and some money on this venture...
Im all kitted out with jtag and pickit3 lines (both altera and xilinx jtag) and have psu's waiting, along with rpi built for testing....non of which is priced into the end user amount, as this is from my "hopeful" profits
Activity: 476
How many have been ordered already?
Time for Plan ฿
Will there be an option to get the boards made even if we don't hit 100?

this im debating, there is the 10x option, but its about double the price...At that price point, id think it be better value to hop on the group buys assembly, as I doubt youd save the customs duty over all... Sad

If I dont hit the 100 before the end of this month, I will close the thread and give up, leaving enough time for people to jump on other options Cheesy
That would be a real shame!

Come on, people, place your orders Smiley

this im debating, there is the 10x option, but its about double the price...
At that price point, id think it be better value to hop on the group buys assembly, as I doubt youd save the customs duty over all... Sad

If I dont hit the 100 before the end of this month, I will close the thread and give up, leaving enough time for people to jump on other options Cheesy
Activity: 269
Ive requested prices from assembler for the K1 today..
Both as fully assembled and as pcb for kit form...

Sample chips arrived, and going off to another board developer...

Orders have been slow tbh, but then chips aint really out yet Cheesy
Changes in info coming to the site :-

Refund policy, deposits are non refundable once a batch is ready, meaning if we dont hit 100boards, deposits are returned.

Pages:
Jump to: