Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 208. (Read 961462 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
I can confirm http://exp.suprnova.cc is on the correct fork, payouts are working and everything fine on my end.. Thanks for your mails.

I'm glad that you are working and DwarfPool doesn't. This mean more EXP for me, since the difficulty is quite low at the moment with only us on the network Wink !
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
I can confirm http://exp.suprnova.cc is on the correct fork, payouts are working and everything fine on my end.. Thanks for your mails.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
No payout from pool since > 8 h !!!!

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Cry Cry Cry

The Homestead update just happened, so it is likely related to that. Best to contact the pool directly and make sure they are updated. (Not sure what pool you are talking about)

No answer pool - Dwarf

I was reading some stuff this morning and I believe Dwarf was the pool that didn't update yet. Hopefully they get updated soon.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
We are receiving a lot of mails from users which do not see the transactions to their wallets.

Please update to 1.3.5 and everything will be fine.
Activity: 550
Merit: 500

The Homestead update just happened, so it is likely related to that. Best to contact the pool directly and make sure they are updated. (Not sure what pool you are talking about)

No answer pool - Dwarf
legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com

Activity: 550
Merit: 500

legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com
Is there a plan for Expanse to go PoS? When will that happen? I hope the PoW phase can be 3- 5 years.

That is one of the main possibilities. If we were to just go POS only like Ethereum down the road, then it would happen around the same time as it happens for Ethereum. If we were to go hybrid and so on, also that is something that would happen around the time Ethereum changes. So it would be several months away at least and options are still being discussed. I believe POS only is looking like the best option, but a hybrid POS/POW with very low inflation is also interesting, and there are a few other possibilities as well.
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
I was up at 2 am boss. Making sure everything went smooth. (which might explain why all our nodes are on the right chain...)

This is entirely on dwarf for not paying attention. Such is crypto though and why hardforks are dangerous.

For those concerned give this branch a try, it invalidates dwarfs 200k block and adds new super nodes. Smiley

https://github.com/expanse-project/go-expanse/tree/chris-dev

What is the significance of the super nodes, I was trying to find more information about that term but was unable to determine what they mean to Expanse.
Activity: 455
Is there a plan for Expanse to go PoS? When will that happen? I hope the PoW phase can be 3- 5 years.
Activity: 584
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
EXP no payout wellet ?
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
I was up at 2 am boss. Making sure everything went smooth. (which might explain why all our nodes are on the right chain...)

This is entirely on dwarf for not paying attention. Such is crypto though and why hardforks are dangerous.

For those concerned give this branch a try, it invalidates dwarfs 200k block and adds new super nodes. Smiley

https://github.com/expanse-project/go-expanse/tree/chris-dev
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Any response from the folks at Dwarfpool as to why they haven't updated?

No idea as a pool op he should be on the correct version v1.3.5 but is still on the old version v1.3.4

https://exp.suprnova.cc/
http://exp.maxminers.net/

Are on the correct version and on the correct block
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Any response from the folks at Dwarfpool as to why they haven't updated?
And devs don't seem to be on top of it. Doesn't sound promising for the project if 9 hours after the blockchain forked/stopped there is no info about it.

Very professional indeed.

There is no issue http://stats.expanse.tech/
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
And devs don't seem to be on top of it. Doesn't sound promising for the project if 9 hours after the blockchain forked/stopped there is no info about it.

Very professional indeed.

Actually I just found out myself about it by digging through the block chain - my Daemon 1.3.5 is rejecting all Blocks after 200,000 from dwarf, Unfortunately most of the hash is already over there so ill probably lose anyway, I will try to resync with some special options to suppress the error.. People should simply spread hash better and there wont be such issues imho.. Like this the other chain will simply run away...

Even a resync from scratch did not work - I guess dwarf simply hasnt updated to 1.3.5 and is still running the old Version. I will re-enable the pool with my chain from 1.3.5 but I am not sure what will happen and which chain will be the valid one - we have to wait for the devs

I can confirm syncing works with the Version before 1.3.4  so dwarf did simply not Update and is on its own chain.

Suprnova and bittrex are on the new Version and (hopefully - but very likely) on the correct chain.

The daemon is just denying incorrect blocks from older versions there is no fork if you are on 1.3.5, Block 200000 was the block that the new code for 1.3.5 took over, But will add new correct blocks as your pool is doing.

E0328 08:16:14.846099   11467 blockchain.go:1384] Bad block #200000 (0xf26dcf2653956030cd913a5ac1572751c97b09e95518c0806751df167a7f965f)
E0328 08:16:14.848785   11467 blockchain.go:1385]     Difficulty check failed for header 3020063833243, 3020063833242
I0328 08:16:14.849060   11467 downloader.go:267] Synchronisation failed: Difficulty check failed for header 3020063833243, 3020063833242
I0328 08:16:17.839261   11467 blockchain.go:1251] imported 1 block(s) (0 queued 0 ignored) including 0 txs in 12.405174ms. #200194 [c355bb54 / c355bb54]

As you can see from the code above new blocks are still being added but old peers that are trying to give a false block 200000 are not able to.

So all the daemon is doing is banning bad blocks from old client versions (people with the wrong version).

And the Block explorer is just stuck i'm sure it will be fixed once Dan wakes up.
legendary

Actually I just found out myself about it by digging through the block chain - my Daemon 1.3.5 is rejecting all Blocks after 200,000 from dwarf, Unfortunately most of the hash is already over there so ill probably lose anyway, I will try to resync with some special options to suppress the error.. People should simply spread hash better and there wont be such issues imho.. Like this the other chain will simply run away...

Even a resync from scratch did not work - I guess dwarf simply hasnt updated to 1.3.5 and is still running the old Version. I will re-enable the pool with my chain from 1.3.5 but I am not sure what will happen and which chain will be the valid one - we have to wait for the devs

I can confirm syncing works with the Version before 1.3.4  so dwarf did simply not Update and is on its own chain.

Suprnova and bittrex are on the new Version and (hopefully - but very likely) on the correct chain.
legendary

Jump to: