Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 209. (Read 961462 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Strange that after updating people sell EXP.... EXP looks promising...This is long term coin...

only bitcoin is long term, the other serve to increase your bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
And devs don't seem to be on top of it. Doesn't sound promising for the project if 9 hours after the blockchain forked/stopped there is no info about it.

Actually I just found out myself about it by digging through the block chain - my Daemon 1.3.5 is rejecting all Blocks after 200,000 from dwarf, Unfortunately most of the hash is already over there so ill probably lose anyway, I will try to resync with some special options to suppress the error.. People should simply spread hash better and there wont be such issues imho.. Like this the other chain will simply run away...
Activity: 471
Merit: 250
And devs don't seem to be on top of it. Doesn't sound promising for the project if 9 hours after the blockchain forked/stopped there is no info about it.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Looks like EXP forked.. Dwarf is solo on a separate chain.

I wonder which chain is the correct one
Activity: 584
HMM no info about time to up  blocks explorer Sad
Where is dev ?
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
you better learn how to draw right-angles than straight lines

No transactions working now for 10 hrs

gexp not downloading blocks - coin don't work.....

Is anyone fixing this up?

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1000
legendary
Block explorer is running 9 hrs behind?

http://www.expanse.tech/explorer/blocks

Transactions won't go through.

Whats going on here?
Activity: 471
Did you get that official microsoft annoucement already?
legendary
Apart from all the other attractions to this coin - it has the most elegant GUI wallet I have seen.

So simple - Really you have just got to love it.

Great work and good luck with this project.

Cheers - usukan

Can you give me a list of changes that have been made to EXP since it has been forked from ETH please?

I'm looking for a coin to invest in but need more input on the amount/quality of development that has been going on here.

Can someone please reply to my question?

I checked out these two repositories:

https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum
http://www.github.com/expanse-project/go-expanse.git

ran a diff and excluded everything that was just a changed name. Not much left there. Need some hints where to look for it.

Now as this coin is on azure I want to invest as soon as possible, but only after I've done my own research.

Sure, ethereum is a great platform from which to build. Alot of thought has went into it and goes into it. So there are a few things we wanted to change.

We changed the following...

- blockreward
- genesis block
- diff retargeting divisor
- higher max gas
- slower blocktime to make mining more efficient, will be lowered once a solid PoS solution is created.

We are taking a more modular approach that is loyal to only the best solutions. Currently the best solution is near vanilla ethereum,but in the future that might not always be the case. Especially with new and competing system being developed, like hyperledger.

The stack basically looks like this. From top to bottom.

DAPPS - mostly done in javascript
Solidity - for writing contracts
EVM - the ethereum virtual machine
Proof of Work - consensus mechinism
Distributed Ledger
Local storage

Alot of these pieces can be swapped out. For instance, Do we always want proof of work? Or maybe DPOS might be good, or maybe something new that hasnt been invented yet. What about the the virtual machine, why not use docker or unikernels also?

Activity: 420
Strange that after updating people sell EXP.... EXP looks promising...This is long term coin...

With the bitcoin price jump some people changed over to btc thinking it might spike even more, so the majority of alt coins seem to take a hit today.. But if you look at the depth chart on exp its only 80 btc to 200k, so not many people selling at these low prices. EXP under $1 per coin is buy Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

I guess that people are into Expanse to make quick profit. Only those who hold EXP will benefit in long term. That is why I support EXP because it has a good community and development.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
And down down down it goes!
NIce down, down i can buy more Cheesy

Well said. Since it is the perfect time to buy more EXP, we should take this chance and make wise investment since I think that it would be very valuable since the total supply is very limited. That would make EXP scarce and thus it will make it go all the way to the moon. Plus, one of the good things that EXP has is DAO.  Smiley

It feels like a whale dumped their stash for btc as the price of btc shoots upward. Better he dumped now, rather than later. Exp should rebound by Monday.
Activity: 584
NIce down, down i can buy more Cheesy
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
Get Up To 100% Your Profit Every Day. Really
Can someone explain what exactly means this or drop some link with explanation?:"Reserve: 11 Million (Community Managed)"

The DAO is one of the cool aspects about Expanse. Eth tech, but with a more community based approach.

Checkout the EXP white paper:  http://www.expanse.tech/docs/whitepaper-draft.pdf

I'm putting together a campaign for Digital Ocean to support 1 click $EXP node setup. Check out this:
https://twitter.com/jessecouch/status/713989656346398720
Retweet and Comment. Let Digital Ocean know we want them to support blockchains and that $EXP is the best.

sweet, i like it Smiley
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
I think the price is to hight. Almost 1 Dollar? There is no project attached to the platform.  Undecided

Frankly, what is attached to Ethereum except doublers ? Microsoft saw the potential of this coin. You buy a coin when it's still low and there's no projects, because once the real projects come, that's too late Wink !

+1 .....exactly!!
Jump to: