Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 349. (Read 961462 times)

Activity: 271
Merit: 251
So if i mine this it will auto switch genesis when launch?

How the heck did you come up with this?! Wink
They said earlier another genesis block will need to be imported.

how is this done?

Don't take what I say for granted, but after release they will provide new genesis.
You import it with:
Code:
gexp.exe --genesis genesis.json
(genesis.json being the genesis file)

Personally I will completely delete %userprofile%\Appdata\Roaming\Expanse folder
(it is usually c:\users\YOURUSERPROFILE\Appdata\Roaming\Expanse)
regardless if they put it in the instructions or not - that will require creating a new EXP address.
Actually I think a new required anyway (I highly doubt if you can use a testnet address in the main network)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW
We talk about different things.
Premine is one thing.
PoS is second thing.
Dapps are yet another thing.

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

I like the idea because I'm a developer. Devs need money, miners need money. Why not go 50/50 split?

It's fine that devs need money. However, at this moment premine is >90%.

I actually have no idea how much the premine is. I doubt it's 90%.

Block Reward: 8
Gas Limit: 31415926
Block Target: 60 seconds
Listen Port: 60606
RPC Port: 9659
Reserve: 11 Million (Community Managed)

Premine: 11M

after 1st day: 11M  + 8 * 60 * 24 = 11M + 11520, premine is 99.9%
after 1st week: 11M  + 8 * 60 * 24 * 7 = 11M + 80640, premine is 99.3%
after 1st month: 11M  + 8 * 60 * 24 * 30.5 = 11M + 351360, premine is 96.8%
after 1st quarter: 11M  + 8 * 60 * 24 * 30.5 * 3 = 11M + 1054080, premine is 90.4%
after 1st year: 11M  + 8 * 60 * 24 * 365 = 11M + 4204800, premine is 61.8%

Call it however you want.

That seems a bit excessive. Especially if Ethereum clones go PoS with minimal new coin generation in less than a year from today. Using this distribution method, this coin may end up being DApp heavy. DAPp are probably the most important thing. More important than miners, especially once it goes PoS.

I have no idea which distribution method is the best so I'm going to support this coin. I will mine it, buy it and hopefully develop a DApp for it.

legendary
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

I like the idea because I'm a developer. Devs need money, miners need money. Why not go 50/50 split?

Block Reward: 8
Gas Limit: 31415926
Block Target: 60 seconds
Listen Port: 60606
RPC Port: 9659
Reserve: 11 Million (Community Managed)

Premine: 11M

after 1st day: 11M  + 8 * 60 * 24 = 11M + 11520, premine is 99.9%
after 1st week: 11M  + 8 * 60 * 24 * 7 = 11M + 80640, premine is 99.3%
after 1st month: 11M  + 8 * 60 * 24 * 30.5 = 11M + 351360, premine is 96.8%
after 1st quarter: 11M  + 8 * 60 * 24 * 30.5 * 3 = 11M + 1054080, premine is 90.4%
after 1st year: 11M  + 8 * 60 * 24 * 365 = 11M + 4204800, premine is 61.8%

Call it however you want.

legendary

legendary
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

how is this done?
Devs need incentive to dev, period.  NOBODY works for free.  They just need to be held accountable for it.

Give it up already.
Activity: 405
Merit: 105

Where is everyone downloaded "ethminer.exe" from?

it's the windows version comes with the package.
legendary

Where is everyone downloaded "ethminer.exe" from?

legendary

One thing ive learned after 5 years in cryptoland is the amount of ego floating around here is staggering. Alot of people in this community see competition as opposition, as its us vs them. Competition is a good thing, its healthy, its what makes people release good products and good product support. However, opposition is the catalyst for FUD slinging sock puppets. Its the precursor to bent egos. The fact is, we can all co-exist and help each other be better. Thats going to happen regardless so why waste the time to create a new fud slinger when they could be using that time to work on the betterment of their own projects...? I think thats a mystery that will never be solved.

If it's the way you wanna explain this crazy premine - you do it wrong.

They explained it already. Summarized version is:

Devs need money. Miners don't get 100% of this coins.

Activity: 241

https://www.dropbox.com/s/veiy24a699qc6f1/EXP.PNG

A suggestion to the devs: Make a windows step-by-step guide and put it on the first page.
You can do it now and only change the official release genesis block later (if that is what you intend to do).
You will eliminate a ton of people's time and nerves to go through all the pages. Unless you are after more "bumps"...

Suggested guide format (similar to what you did with linux instructions:

1. Start gexp and create your own account with typing this:
gexp should get you a new address and prompt (C:\) is being shown again after you run it
Code:
gexp.exe account new

2. Download genesis file (link) and make sure you put it in same folder gexp is.
Import the genesis block and exit after that (ctrl+c)
Code:
gexp.exe --genesis exp-genesis.json
DON'T FORGET TO EXIT GEXP!

3.... bla-bla more explanation
Code:
code to run
etc

I forwarded that message to them as they are working on that stuff now, thank you.

Also include mining instructions as if mining and running the wallet will be on different hosts (solo).
What I mean is omit the fact that ethminer mines by default to localhost.
Pool mining will just say "wallet setup not necessary" or somethig
Proof will be provided and should be out before the first exchange is announced and it is tradable. They are very busy right now, but I can assure you this will be proven with smart contracts and there is nothing to worry about. We are not anonymous devs and this is a long term project.

Is it a joke? Launch tommorow.

Actually, launch is in 2.5 hours.
legendary
Activity: 1470
cryptocollectorsclub.com

A suggestion to the devs: Make a windows step-by-step guide and put it on the first page.
You can do it now and only change the official release genesis block later (if that is what you intend to do).
You will eliminate a ton of people's time and nerves to go through all the pages. Unless you are after more "bumps"...

gexp should get you a new address and prompt (C:\) is being shown again after you run it
Code:
gexp.exe account new

2. Download genesis file (link) and make sure you put it in same folder gexp is.
Code:

Code:
code to run
etc

I forwarded that message to them as they are working on that stuff now, thank you.
legendary
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW
Proof will be provided and should be out before the first exchange is announced and it is tradable. They are very busy right now, but I can assure you this will be proven with smart contracts and there is nothing to worry about. We are not anonymous devs and this is a long term project.

Is it a joke? Launch tommorow.

Code:
gexp.exe account new

Code:

Code:
code to run
etc
legendary
Activity: 1470
cryptocollectorsclub.com

100k reserve for the team and for initial bounties at launch, then 1 million slowly over one years time for the team with smart contracts. This means only 100k at launch available for the team.

10 million for the community DAO released slowly over time.

Proof please.

Jump to: