Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 347. (Read 961462 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
How do we solo mine if we are using multiple computers?

Im presuming the address's aren't all going to be the same so?

I have the testnet working fine just dont know how to get it to mine the true coin when it launches?

Just put the ip address of the computer running the wallet with the rpc port.
Activity: 700

I have the testnet working fine just dont know how to get it to mine the true coin when it launches?

Again, you will turn those nodes off,  then start them with the new genesis.

which means you wll run this cmd on linux

Code:
build/bin/gexp --genesis genesis.json

Thanks!
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
Guide for mining on windows?
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom

Again, you will turn those nodes off,  then start them with the new genesis.

which means you wll run this cmd on linux

Code:
build/bin/gexp --genesis genesis.json
Activity: 405
Merit: 105
will the .bat file be released here in the thread, or on the main (1) page?
Activity: 700
What about Linux? Will we only have to run build/bin/gexp with another genesis file?
Activity: 136
Merit: 100

legendary
Franko is Freedom
So, we have to create a new account after the launch? We can't use the one create via testnet? Will the new genesis block available slightly before launch or we have to wait until after the launch? Is the rpc port 9656 for the live network? Will you make etherwall GUI version compatible with EXP?

With the bat files you only have to run the genesis step. You dont have to create new accounts or anything.
Activity: 518
So, we have to create a new account after the launch? We can't use the one create via testnet? Will the new genesis block available slightly before launch or we have to wait until after the launch? Is the rpc port 9656 for the live network? Will you make etherwall GUI version compatible with EXP?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Pool is ready for pre-reg:

https://exp.suprnova.cc

I'll launch the pool approx 6-8 hours after coin launch, so there is plenty of time for you guys to solo and get the rigs etc. running

Ocminer

Can you launch pool at beginning?

There are still issues where some of us still can't connect and will not be able to solo mine.

No guarantee that issue will be fixed at launch.
Activity: 241
Merit: 250
so howto start this?
Is there a new genesis block to download but same software as test-mining?
Where will the new genesis-block published too?

get setup as first post u wait to new genesis block
legendary
Franko is Freedom
so howto start this?

yes thats exactly, im writing easy to understand instructions
Activity: 271
Merit: 251
I guess we are gonna have to create a new account after the new genesis has released, right? the accounts from the testnet wont hold, right?

accounts and everything hold, even your enode address, the only thing that changes is the chain. If you want to be super cautious you can run this cmd on linux.

Code:
rm -rf ~/.expanse/{chaindata,dapp,history}

And what happens to the "test" coins that are already in those accounts?

They are not in the account per se...
They are in the network and are "unlockable" (being able to be sent) with your account's private key.
The new network will have different instance of your account's address and will be "unlockable" with the same account's private key.
Ergo - the account is the same (address and key), but the coins are different because it's a different network.
Analogy (loose):
The account's address is like a template - a plate with holes that lets you see certain amount of information.
If you put the template over a book page you will see some characters through the holes. If you point it at different page
characters will be different, but the template hasn't changed.

Activity: 729
Merit: 251
so howto start this?
Activity: 582
Merit: 502
I guess we are gonna have to create a new account after the new genesis has released, right? the accounts from the testnet wont hold, right?

accounts and everything hold, even your enode address, the only thing that changes is the chain. If you want to be super cautious you can run this cmd on linux.

Code:

And what happens to the "test" coins that are already in those accounts?
legendary
Franko is Freedom

Code:
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW
No, they will be fine.
Activity: 582
Merit: 502
Jump to: