Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 355. (Read 961462 times)

Activity: 519
Merit: 250
I've found a block but was not accepted https://i.imgur.com/VtRYy2v.jpg it's normal?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
step 2 is in red.
step 3 is below.

i have tried editing the step 3 bat removing the logging, adding rpc port etc. still same results.

The error message, "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." says that the chainstate is being accessed by something else. This is Likely step 2. You need to close step 2 (press ctrl+c multiple times on it) after it is done building the genesis.

We rushed out the bat's to help users get going easier that were having trouble from the command line, so we may have named them a little confusingly, we will make the bats and process clearer and provide more documentation in the morning. To clarify the current bat process:

You only need to run Step 1 and 2 once, before the first time you run expanse. They are to setup and configure Expanse chain and your initial account. After Step 2 completes press ctrl+c to close the application.

Step 3. Runs Expanse, It should be run whenever you want to run expanse.
gpu_mininsolo.bat Starts mining. Expanse should already be running when you launch it.

So to clarify: Run Step 1 and 2 the first time you install expanse to get setup.

Then when you want to mine Run Step 3 if Expanse is not already running then gpu_mining_solo.bat ; If expanse is already running, you can just run gpu_mining_solo.bat. If you don't know if Expanse is running, try opening the Task manager and looking for 'gexp.exe'.

We will simplify and clarify this process further prior to launch.

Do I need to run step 2 with final launch? Nodes will be the same?
Activity: 546
its not the main launch yet right?
Activity: 293
Merit: 251
Director - www.cubeform.io
step 2 is in red.
step 3 is below.

i have tried editing the step 3 bat removing the logging, adding rpc port etc. still same results.

The error message, "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." says that the chainstate is being accessed by something else. This is Likely step 2. You need to close step 2 (press ctrl+c multiple times on it) after it is done building the genesis.

We rushed out the bat's to help users get going easier that were having trouble from the command line, so we may have named them a little confusingly, we will make the bats and process clearer and provide more documentation in the morning. To clarify the current bat process:

You only need to run Step 1 and 2 once, before the first time you run expanse. They are to setup and configure Expanse chain and your initial account. After Step 2 completes press ctrl+c to close the application.

Step 3. Runs Expanse, It should be run whenever you want to run expanse.
gpu_mininsolo.bat Starts mining. Expanse should already be running when you launch it.

So to clarify: Run Step 1 and 2 the first time you install expanse to get setup.

Then when you want to mine Run Step 3 if Expanse is not already running then gpu_mining_solo.bat ; If expanse is already running, you can just run gpu_mining_solo.bat. If you don't know if Expanse is running, try opening the Task manager and looking for 'gexp.exe'.

We will simplify and clarify this process further prior to launch.

Activity: 271
step 2 is in red.
step 3 is below.

Dude, you have to exit from stop step 2 before executing step 3!

1. Exit gexp if ruinning
2. Run gexp.exe --genesis genesis.json
3. Exit gexp
4. Run gexp.exe --rpc --rpcaddress LOCALIPADRESS console

Wtc hout for typos!
Activity: 293
Merit: 10
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
step 2 is in red.
step 3 is below.

i can't get step 3 to run. it just flashes. the log file shows blockchain db err: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Open a console first and start step 3.
Make a screenshot and post it here.
been at this for hours, mining ether/shift like a champ. this just wont work
i can't get step 3 to run. it just flashes. the log file shows blockchain db err: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com

which exchanges will offer exp/btc at the launch??

To be announced after the launch once it is official.
Activity: 752
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

mtgox m8! Arise chikun arise!
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

Activity: 463
Merit: 250
Cant you wait a couple days to dump?
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
Hey defaced, is genesis  file needed for initial sync? I don't recall doing that for any other alts I've dealt with.
It would be nice if that step is not necessary for the official launch. Talking of which... How does a timed launch really work?
At the launch time wallets will be available for download and we set them up and start mining or it will be in some other way?

Since the test wallet is pretty much there, ill release a new genesis block. One would then restart their wallet with the genesis. After people have connected to each other and blocks have been mined ill push a commit to the repo that hardcodes the genesis.
I see. When the time comes step by step guide would be appreciated again - like:
1. Exit gexp if ruinning
2. Download gexp-genesis.json from (wherever...)
3. Run gexp.exe --genesis gexp-genesis.json
4. Exit gexp
5. Run gexp.exe --rpc --rpcaddress LOCALIPADRESS console

bingo
I finally got it to synch with the step2 bat. The other steps do not synch and still have no peers. I also cannot solo mine it, I get no connection. For reference: I solo mine from a rig to a VM on another machine.
Did you make it work - make sure the VM is in the same network as your miner (i.e. their IP addresses are both 192.168.1.xxx).
If not - you have to figure out how to forward the port on your VM host machine to the VM...
Which would be a PITA that I would not go for without being forced to.
Hey defaced, is genesis  file needed for initial sync? I don't recall doing that for any other alts I've dealt with.
It would be nice if that step is not necessary for the official launch. Talking of which... How does a timed launch really work?
At the launch time wallets will be available for download and we set them up and start mining or it will be in some other way?

Since the test wallet is pretty much there, ill release a new genesis block. One would then restart their wallet with the genesis. After people have connected to each other and blocks have been mined ill push a commit to the repo that hardcodes the genesis.
I see. When the time comes step by step guide would be appreciated again - like:
1. Exit gexp if ruinning
2. Download gexp-genesis.json from (wherever...)
3. Run gexp.exe --genesis gexp-genesis.json
4. Exit gexp
5. Run gexp.exe --rpc --rpcaddress LOCALIPADRESS console
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom

Activity: 397
Merit: 253
connect many node from china  Shocked
Jump to: