Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 357. (Read 961462 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
Works fine for me, and I tested it on windows 10. I am someone that just uses pools to mine normally, well, always. I just wanted to try the .bat files out to see if I had any issues. No problems here. (other than the password entry is invisible, but you just have to type it, hit enter, and type it again and hit enter one more time.)

I would try the obvious things like a system restart, or testing on another machine if you have one available.

Step-1 new account (passwords are invisible, enter password, hit enter, enter password again, hit enter)
Step-2 genesis (just click that)
Step-3 Start Expanse
Step-4 gpu_mining_solo

Then just restart if need be, but that is about it.

Activity: 463
Merit: 250
Still no peers fair launch for linux only.

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-zgS8gYXFaNGJwdGFSSTNobUE/view?usp=sharing

Everyone on windows having problems give this zip a try.

It comes with 64 bit version of gexp and bat files that make the process smooth as possible.

Report back please.

Still no peers
Activity: 293
node still not work.
Activity: 78
Could we move the launch date by a day or two?

That will allow us to resolve all issues.

I think this is a good idea. Also the time is about 3 AM in the morning in Europe... Sad

Yeah I agree , its will be good to set it for an appropriate time for most of the timezones...

I think they don't care ...
Also I repeat the prob is not fixed ..2cent DIY
I lost 2 days with this coin ...

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
Tried the new download including the batch files, followed the directions. Still no nodes.

legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io

I think this is a good idea. Also the time is about 3 AM in the morning in Europe... Sad

Yeah I agree , its will be good to set it for an appropriate time for most of the timezones...
legendary
Activity: 1568
Twitter @Acimirov

Activity: 582
Merit: 502
Everyone admin.peers and see if you are connected to others now.. Also remember to portforward all UDP traffic for port 42786 for the machine hosting the node.

Also, everyone on linux

Code:
git pull origin
make gexp

then restart your node and see if you find some more peers Wink

I did just that and I got 4 peers almost right away. Linux 15.04 here.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-zgS8gYXFaRmtfeEpLZTFqZzA/view?usp=sharing

Everyone on windows having problems give this zip a try.

It comes with 64 bit version of gexp and bat files that make the process smooth as possible.

Report back please.
legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com

Yes, the launch should remain the same and this is just testing to make sure it is working for as many people as possible in advance. Sunday is better than weekdays for most people.

They are making some .bat files to make it easier for some people with windows, and there will also very likely be a pool soon after launch and most people won't have to solo mine.
Could we test mining with GPU or its only cpu for now?

Yes you can, for example i mined more than 600 block in a few min with only 3 gpu, just for the test.

> web3.fromWei(exp.getBalance(exp.coinbase))

This is why the first minutes/hours are important. During the first minutes, you can mine thousands or even hundreds of thousands...this is called instamine.

When network works you wont get anything near that much.

When it works ...
Activity: 463
Merit: 250

Yes you can, for example i mined more than 600 block in a few min with only 3 gpu, just for the test.

This is why the first minutes/hours are important. During the first minutes, you can mine thousands or even hundreds of thousands...this is called instamine.

When network works you wont get anything near that much.

legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io

especially if other ppl are not synced , or the nodes are crappy ... and the genesis block should be released with a countdown, and start with a high diff.

A real fair launch

legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com
Think I found the problem that fixed the node issue in Linux!

it was router setup.

Ublock incoming IPv6 connections

net.peerCount

What protocol gexp is using IP4, IP6?

I still have the problem with Windows. Strange since both pc's are connected to the same router.

They are going to get some .bat files and such going to make it really easy for windows users. In process.
Think I found the problem that fixed the node issue in Linux!

it was router setup.

Ublock incoming IPv6 connections

net.peerCount

What protocol gexp is using IP4, IP6?

I still have the problem with Windows. Strange since both pc's are connected to the same router.
I tried to shiftcoin and soilcoin(also on the test network)
everything works perfectly
and you have a problem

soilcoin isnt a fork but ethereum on a different network_id

I didnt change anything to do with peer discovery.. My nodes also dont have a problem and if memory and the past post history serves this discussion well, you are the one who cant sync. :/

This is not because the nodes are now hard coded that the problem is fixed.
you just added some adress on a list...
they are all blind ...
Also new nodes will not be discovered etc ...
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
I tried to shiftcoin and soilcoin(also on the test network)
everything works perfectly
and you have a problem

soilcoin isnt a fork but ethereum on a different network_id

I didnt change anything to do with peer discovery.. My nodes also dont have a problem and if memory and the past post history serves this discussion well, you are the one who cant sync. :/
Jump to: