Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 369. (Read 961462 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
No windows builds  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
Install deps and make gexp

Code:
apt-get install git binutils bison gcc make libgmp3-dev
bash < <(curl -s -S -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/moovweb/gvm/master/binscripts/gvm-installer)
go install go1.4
gvm use go1.4 [--default]
git clone -b develop http://www.github.com/expanse-project/go-expanse.git 
cd go-expanse
make gexp

From here you start the client with the genesis file

Code:
build/bin/gexp --genesis test_genesis.json

ctrc+c out then create your first account

Code:
build/bin/gexp account new

Then start it up with a bootnode

Code:
./gexp --bootnodes "enode://4055ec69e53df4bfecb95e3b65c28e4f2a1145a3bdc4d85d077b552248cf159951afd649f044783bebf48b902fbc0e96978c76236fd4ab3d5ef7d95d72b84ee5@[::]:42786" --rpc console 2>exp.log

Check and see if you are connected to any nodes

Code:
admin.peers
turn on mining

Code:
miner.start()
miner.stop()
Once you mine a few blocks, check your balance like this

Code:
web3.fromWei(exp.getBalance(exp.coinbase))

If you are having trouble finding nodes give it a second and then follow the guide below

https://github.com/expanse-project/go-expanse/wiki/Connecting-to-the-network
legendary
Franko is Freedom

1) Expanse isnt a "coin" its a tokenized dapp platform
2) You keep missing the point. No central authority is holding it. You, if you choose to participate in the network, will be one of many holding it and actively deciding how it gets spent.

You guys continue to dodge the questions about the 1.1 million coins you will have in your hands ready to dump on first exchange. Put your money where your mouth is. Delete the 1.1 million part you have up front, entirely. Go with 100% contract only community vote released over time fund and this might not be DOA.
+1
DEV`s you are answer/talking only about 90% of premine. Take your 1.1M coins in smart contract for 2-3 months, and no more questions to you.

That is reasonable, but I have already talked about every possible option like that with the team for over a month now, and we can't develop this to the level we plan on unless we are working on it full time. Which means we can't be working full time elsewhere, and we need some funding to add value to the project.

No matter what some people won't be happy, and some even think with a couple GPUs we should mine along with everyone else and work for a year, or years, for nothing, which is impossible for us and most anyone.

If you have any concerns, just wait, but we are sticking with the plan and we think it will speak for itself over time.

Don't mislead people, you're just make another clone coin. You not making something NEW or something unique.
Your work that is your investment in coin and this is the risk of getting nothing if you make "bad work". Why would you want to all risks fell on the shoulders of investors and miners? Take your 1.1M coins in smart contract for 2-3 months and if you make "good job" you make good profit from premine.

The source is open, why dont you make your own with qualities that fit your needs?
Hix
legendary
Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036

2) You keep missing the point. No central authority is holding it. You, if you choose to participate in the network, will be one of many holding it and actively deciding how it gets spent.

You guys continue to dodge the questions about the 1.1 million coins you will have in your hands ready to dump on first exchange. Put your money where your mouth is. Delete the 1.1 million part you have up front, entirely. Go with 100% contract only community vote released over time fund and this might not be DOA.
+1
DEV`s you are answer/talking only about 90% of premine. Take your 1.1M coins in smart contract for 2-3 months, and no more questions to you.

That is reasonable, but I have already talked about every possible option like that with the team for over a month now, and we can't develop this to the level we plan on unless we are working on it full time. Which means we can't be working full time elsewhere, and we need some funding to add value to the project.

No matter what some people won't be happy, and some even think with a couple GPUs we should mine along with everyone else and work for a year, or years, for nothing, which is impossible for us and most anyone.

If you have any concerns, just wait, but we are sticking with the plan and we think it will speak for itself over time.

Don't mislead people, you're just make another clone coin. You not making something NEW or something unique.
Your work that is your investment in coin and this is the risk of getting nothing if you make "bad work". Why would you want to all risks fell on the shoulders of investors and miners? Take your 1.1M coins in smart contract for 2-3 months and if you make "good job" you make good profit from premine.
legendary
Franko is Freedom
Will there be a mining pool right from the start of the coin?

I'm not certain, supernova said they will probably be providing one.
Activity: 600
Will there be a mining pool right from the start of the coin?
legendary
Franko is Freedom
Says fair launch, but then we find out thrre is premine. Funny howmyou cheated that part between no ico and other stuff Smiley

Whats unfair about a community driven DAO thats built into a smart contract?
legendary
Franko is Freedom
Test launch live or not  Huh Can't see info anywhere...

Setting up some servers now, ill report back in just a few Smiley
Activity: 574
Test launch live or not  Huh Can't see info anywhere...
Activity: 435
Merit: 250
Says fair launch, but then we find out thrre is premine. Funny howmyou cheated that part between no ico and other stuff Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
There should be no premine. If devs want coins they can start mining when we all start mining.

I'll jive in as the guy who contributed the logo and graphics for the project, personally, i'm also a human with bills to pay like everybody else. As excited as I am over Expanse and the talent behind it, I still can't afford to work for free and I doubt neither can James, Dan or Christopher.  I honestly would not dedicate my time to it if I knew there wasn't a bounty coming or the chance to get coins early on. It's not that I don't value the project, but my time is valuable too, I got a 40 hour a week deadend job like everybody else so if I am going to step up and contribute I hope to get some kind of return. I don't have the necessary equipment to mine and I also don't believe I should have to sacrifice and make the big miner farms rich while I am left with having to buy off an exchange at rising prices when I am the one contributing blood and sweat to the project, something busy bodies on here can't say.

Unfortunately in my almost 2 years in crypto now I think the issue of premines are the most dramatic issue people have ever made a deal out of. Of all the scam coins I've been through and can count off the top of my head, the vast bulk have never been problems with devs dumping premines but devs just frankly abandoning the coin after 30 days to go create another coin, rinse and repeat. Frankly most don't even need premines as most just ninja launch with their big miner buddies and gobble up all the coins in the first day anyway. Trust me, a 0% premine has never EVER prevented or insured against a coin from being a scam, all it does is drain resources or incentives for honest developers.

Which would you rather have, a developer team with the necessary resources to stick around in the long-term or a fly-by-night crew just looking for a quick pump and dump? Now I do agree a premine shouldn't be exorbitant or obscene but a respectable amount that even if dumped immediately overnight on an exchange wouldn't completely collapse the price of an asset.

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

+1

I think it`s ok to for devs to have primine but not too much.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
this doesnt look like secure investment

Instead of just posting bullshit why dont you backup your claims by supplying some sort of opinion and/or evidence in this statement?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com

+1

Activity: 1
There should be no premine. If devs want coins they can start mining when we all start mining.
Agree all premined coins are scams
Activity: 600
Hix
legendary
Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036

+1
Activity: 518
this doesnt look like secure investment

whats a secure investment to you m8? bot, exclusive coin, mapcoin, and negativity?

Reality check, nothing is a secure investment. Stock, shares, bonds, mutual funds, savings account, etc....None are secure, if minimal at most.....
Activity: 518
Anyone have a link to a miner for AMD cards, and a guide about how to mine with a pool/solo?

http://cryptomining-blog.com/5344-quick-guide-on-solo-gpu-mining-ethereum-on-windows/

I think this guide is really good.
Anyone have a link to a miner for AMD cards, and a guide about how to mine with a pool/solo?

That is a good guide, but beware to use the latest geth and ethminer, otherwise you might fork, if you mining ETH. Only thing that will work for EXP is the ethminer and the GUI wallet, you will need the geth CLI/Daemon for EXP.

Latest ETH wallet: https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/releases/tag/v1.1.2
Latest OpenCL miner: http://cryptomining-blog.com/5612-updated-ethminer-0-9-41-opencl-and-cuda-for-windows/
Simple GUI wallet: http://www.etherwall.com/
Note of GUI wallet, you must run the geth CLI/Daemon wallet to make it work.
Activity: 13
https://github.com/expanse-project/go-expanse/tree/develop

LOL. This guy aint no coder. Embarrassing.

You must have worked really hard Franko. hah. One of your 4 other coins.

Sure, you've created a coin yourself....Trolling with a new account, that's genius...Not...lol

Yeah i got thousands of other coins in me sleeve yeah just like franko  https://github.com/expanse-project/go-expanse/tree/develop

His funny commits like "test change lol"

Cryptoclub are you proud of franko haha............ what are you paying him?

Jump to: