Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 372. (Read 961462 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
Testnet Launch on 9/10/2015
you can specify the time?
will there be support CPU mining for a pool and solo?
will there be support for Windows?

Ethash uses dagger, which supports cpu and gpu, though gpu would be better.

Testnet is already up, but the official launch is tomorrow. We probably wont have windows for testnet unless someone wants to take some time to compile it.

Franko is looking into compiling it for windows for the Test Launch as well, just spoke with him.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom

Ethash uses dagger, which supports cpu and gpu, though gpu would be better.

Testnet is already up, but the official launch is tomorrow. We probably wont have windows for testnet unless someone wants to take some time to compile it.
legendary
Franko is Freedom
One idea will be to create a way for expanse pull request to be merged by vote too. The sky is the limit with smart contracts.
legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com
90% of the "premine" is owned by the community, and will be stored in a democratic DAO.. again.. ran by the community. They are the communities funds, and the community will vote on how they are spent.

There ain't no such thing as communities fund. This is cryptocurrency, not credit union.

There is now. As it will be controlled with smart contracts the community literally controls it. For example, someone wants to make some DAPP and be paid for it in EXP, or someone wants to add on something of value to Expanse, that would be up to the community to vote for it to happen (be paid for) or not. Let's say the community wants changes to the design, again, up to the community. Not just with words, but with contracts.

As we can assist with marketing, people might also be able to make a DAPP and get paid for it, and get free marketing in addition. Since that would be mutually beneficial to holders of Expanse.

Please elaborate how this voting would look like. I guess I might find an answer in ethereum docs, but I want to understand it ASAP as it sounds really interesting.

Smart contracts would control the release of funds for 90% of the reserve. The Expanse Organization would vote on the use of all of these funds released slowly over time. The team gets a 1/3 vote, Holders (not the team) gets a 1/3 vote counted per EXP held, and the Advisor Board nominated and voted in by the team and the holders gets a 1/3 vote. Dan and Franko will go into more detail about the contracts later, but it will be code that prevents just the team using this a certain way, or just the holders, or just the advisor board. It would take 2 out of 3 sections to pass. Anyone can suggest an idea to be voted on, even those not holding Expanse.

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

I sent out a tweet to support this project:
https://twitter.com/jessecouch/status/641478187575152640

Feel free to retweet or like it. It will make it popular enough that it will show up in my followers feeds.

Looks good. Let's get a big community right from the beginning and make this stronger than Ethereum.

legendary
Activity: 1036
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW
90% of the "premine" is owned by the community, and will be stored in a democratic DAO.. again.. ran by the community. They are the communities funds, and the community will vote on how they are spent.

There ain't no such thing as communities fund. This is cryptocurrency, not credit union.

There is now. As it will be controlled with smart contracts the community literally controls it. For example, someone wants to make some DAPP and be paid for it in EXP, or someone wants to add on something of value to Expanse, that would be up to the community to vote for it to happen (be paid for) or not. Let's say the community wants changes to the design, again, up to the community. Not just with words, but with contracts.

As we can assist with marketing, people might also be able to make a DAPP and get paid for it, and get free marketing in addition. Since that would be mutually beneficial to holders of Expanse.

Please elaborate how this voting would look like. I guess I might find an answer in ethereum docs, but I want to understand it ASAP as it sounds really interesting.

legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com

legendary
Activity: 1036
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

If there would be support for CPU mining, it would be pretty cool considering the fact that you don't need to own an ASIC or GPU. This is something that I would like to see  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1027
legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com

vote, ok. who will can vote? random accounts on bitcointalk, twitter FB etc?
hashpower like on bitcoin? coinholders in proportion to the contribution? please specify

If you read the announcement there are some basic details for it, but in essence it will be controlled using smart contracts, code itself, rather than just by the team. The core team will have a 1/3 vote, 1/3 will be those that mine or buy it, and 1/3 will be a board of advisors nominated by both the team and the community at large. (some flow charts and such are on the way explaining this in more detail)
legendary
Franko is Freedom

hashpower like on bitcoin? coinholders in proportion to the contribution? please specify

We are creating a ternary form of governance. The 3 divisions will each have their own sub-daos, votes and governing bodies. For any vote to pass, there has to be a 2/3 majority.
Activity: 425
Merit: 250

legendary
Franko is Freedom

If a "premine" deters you from using this platform, you could use FRK. FRK is a low inflation 0 premine alternative that has been up and running for nearly 3 years. Since FRK embodies your values i'll expect to see you in active in the frk community from now on.
legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com
The new launch time means I miss it. Good luck i guess.

Me too. I guess we should have spoken up when those 2 people requested it to be changed..  Smiley

Sunday Night USA most people are free to mine, that is when the Main Launch is set for. Lots of requests for the change right away when we posted the announcement, here, Slack, and Facebook. So we moved it up to Sunday night from Monday afternoon.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
The new launch time means I miss it. Good luck i guess.

Me too. I guess we should have spoken up when those 2 people requested it to be changed..  Smiley
Activity: 425
Merit: 250
11M PREMINE are you serious? Grin
Cloned coin with so much premine = next shit coin

How much coins from premine available at start to dump?

"11,000,000 premine with 1,100,000 available immediately"

it's 3 month of all emission from 2.5 year emission premine  Shocked
Hix
legendary
Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036
11M PREMINE are you serious? Grin
Cloned coin with so much premine = next shit coin

How much coins from premine available at start to dump?
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
So this has turned into just another cloned coin with an outrageous premine. 

Have fun.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Will the test launch mine real coins on the 10th? I want in from block 1.

No. Test net coins do not carry over into the main launch. Please see the FAQ at the end of the ANN.

Sometimes I think people don't read ANN completely. One thing to skim whitepapers, but a simple one page on ANN is a simple read.
Jump to: