Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Extremecoin (EXC) - MANDATORY UPGRADE VERSION 1.5 (Kimoto Gravity Well) - page 24. (Read 97213 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
What's the point in downloading blockchain separately? Why can't client sync automatically?

Just makes it quicker to get your client synced thats all.
So if I download the client only, will it sync succesfully?

I have not tried for weeks now, you can give it a try but if not then download the blockchain.

To be honest downloading the blockchain I posted, is a lot quicker way to get yourself synced up.

Bitcoin users have to do it all the time now that chain is so long.
Well the bitcoin's blockchain is not just a copy of block database, but a bootstrap file, Bitcoin still checks it for integrity and proof-of-work.
I just mean that if you have any problems with syncronizing, you just need to hardcode problematic blocks in the client. Because it should always be able to sync from scratch.

I totally agree with you and it will be looked into ready for the next client upgrade.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009
What's the point in downloading blockchain separately? Why can't client sync automatically?

I have not tried for weeks now, you can give it a try but if not then download the blockchain.

To be honest downloading the blockchain I posted, is a lot quicker way to get yourself synced up.

Well the bitcoin's blockchain is not just a copy of block database, but a bootstrap file, Bitcoin still checks it for integrity and proof-of-work.
I just mean that if you have any problems with syncronizing, you just need to hardcode problematic blocks in the client. Because it should always be able to sync from scratch.
I am working on getting a webhosting and wordpress installation service up and running that takes Extremecoin as payment.

I am sure people would like to have a website at the cost of a few Extremecoin's.

More service announcements to come.

legendary

Hi all,

I have brought online a second seed node please use addnode=217.8.255.62 aswell as the other one, to get your clients synced quicker.

OP has been updated.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
I have been unable to compile on Ubuntu 13.04x64, I get some odd libboost errors I can not seem to figure out, any tips? (yes all the libboost packages are installed)

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
So CaptChadd any plans for some EXC services?  For the coin to actually be worth anything besides pump-and-dump there needs to be something (besides exchanging it) to spend it on.  I am excited about this coin and i'm holding a fair amount.  Would love to see domain name registrations and steam codes and maybe gaming/gambling dice or something as a start.  

I was thinking about trying to make a blockchain explorer because the posted one seems dead, but my experience is more in desktop development than web, though I like learning new stuff.  

Just curious what future plans are for this coin? I really think this is one of the better coins out there and would like to see it put to good use.  

I have contacted  many sites and lots of them have said they will add Extremecoin when they add their next batch of coins. At the moment I think most service providers are waiting for the reward drop to see if the coin and survive past it.

I know that it can, other coins have proved that.

A block explorer is something that we could really do with, the current one is down right now.

legendary
Activity: 238
So CaptChadd any plans for some EXC services?  For the coin to actually be worth anything besides pump-and-dump there needs to be something (besides exchanging it) to spend it on.  I am excited about this coin and i'm holding a fair amount.  Would love to see domain name registrations and steam codes and maybe gaming/gambling dice or something as a start.  

I was thinking about trying to make a blockchain explorer because the posted one seems dead, but my experience is more in desktop development than web, though I like learning new stuff.  

Just curious what future plans are for this coin? I really think this is one of the better coins out there and would like to see it put to good use.  
Right now CoinEx pool is running perfectly with the blockchain and is keeping up with the difficulty adjustments. This is a fast coin with an extreme block reward drop that will happen in the coming weeks. I am very excited about this coin for many ways and I hope that the supporters are too.

When the reward drop happens, suddenly this coin is going to be very rare to mine, even more rare than Mincoin.
Activity: 317
Merit: 250
Sorry to announce that but mining pool
extreme.netcoin.pl will be shut down
Please withdraw your coins before 10th October. After this date withdrawals will be available through PM (provide user name, password, extremecoin address)
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Block 8640..... Halfway with the 200s.
Activity: 771
Merit: 258
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
Reloading blockchain from scratch using V1.2

0 blocks downloaded. 2 hrs... /check back later, thing refuses to update.

Update: starting with a fresh v1.2 results in a stuck wallet. no blocks would download. Only way for me to have access to my coins was to copy over the blockchain posted by CaptChadHuh

this didnt work for me...
Hopefully a working version can be placed in the OP
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
HALA MADRID
I've been trying to connect to the coinex pool and having no luck. Are there any other pools that are running?
Activity: 151
or you could download the blockchain captnchadd posted. worked for me from first try Smiley great work captn and keep it up!

That seemed to do the trick.  Thanks!
or you could download the blockchain captnchadd posted. worked for me from first try Smiley great work captn and keep it up!

There is more to come, I am just adding the finishing touches to a side company that offers Website and Wordpress hosting and will be taking Extremecoin as payment.

This website service should be ready to go within two weeks!!
Activity: 182
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
I have been trying to sync with the network and download the block chain for almost 24 hours with no progress.

Are there any additional nodes that can be added besides the one in the OP?

could try...

Pages:
Jump to: