Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 422. (Read 2115876 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 511
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
If you use our binaries on a Mac and when running ./factomd you get this error:

Code:
13:32:03 2015-10-08 [ERR] BTCD: Unable to start server on [:8108]: 'fe80::1%lo0' is not a valid IP address

It's because of an entry in your /etc/hosts file, usually the last entry as below:

Code:
127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost
fe80::1%lo0 localhost

This happens on Macs that have been upgraded over the years. A fresh build or a new Mac with Yosemite doesn't have that entry.

By removing the last entry factomd works fine.
We are looking at a workaround for the installer but for the time being removing "fe80::1%lo0 localhost" should fix the issue.

If you are not aware what the hosts file is better if you don't touch it, in that case wait for an update to our binaries.

legendary
Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050
who is the official FACTOM support user??

i send this user two PM asking help, but without response..

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/factom-391985

try BrianDeery

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/briandeery-134381
Activity: 910
Merit: 511
who is the official FACTOM support user??

i send this user two PM asking help, but without response..

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/factom-391985

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

How many new coins do these federated/centralized miners mine every day?

This new group of altcoin devs don't even know how to write the block time and block reward in the OP.

I believe the inflation rate is 20% the first year.

So maybe like 4798.17315068 factom a day. That's not much. Centralized mining does lower mining costs.

It would help if there was a block explorer. There is no block explorer posted in the OP either...

Do your own research, lazy fuck.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Today?  0.  Factom has the current federated server and is not paying itself block rewards.  The next Milestone for them is to expand to 8 federated servers.  I believe they will not control any of those.

The third milestone is the whole federated system.  It is either 16 or 32 (I don't remember) federated servers and N audit servers.  There is a consensus method for figuring out which is which and they can change .  At that point, I KNOW Factom will not be running one.  I believe this is when the Block rewards will start happening.

I believe the Milestones are on their website.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

This new group of altcoin devs don't even know how to write the block time and block reward in the OP.

So maybe like 4798.17315068 factom a day. That's not much. Centralized mining does lower mining costs.

It would help if there was a block explorer. There is no block explorer posted in the OP either...

http://explorer.factom.org
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

legendary
Activity: 1372

legendary

legendary

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

Our latest Tech Update is out: latest binaries, developers sandbox, factoids on Poloniex and indexes + more.

Check out our blog at:

http://blog.factom.org/post/130751814839/technical-update-latest-binaries-v033
Activity: 570
Merit: 500
How to run in full or server mode?
And is there a way to mine/produce/earn FCT?

No, no free coins for you to dump on the exchange for lunch money.
Read instead of posting.

Dear hater,
I'm not begging or asking for free coins. As I pay every month more than 900 EURO for electricity for my rigs, i don't think that the coins they produce are free. I was just asking about the way to produce FCT, because I saw in the site that there is a way!
legendary
Activity: 1098
Angel investor.
Factom sold 1 million USD, and I just wonder what the IPO price of Factom, I don't think FCT will be a huge market and every IPO is for money, but not like Ethereum or maidsafe, factom is not amazing at all.

Not exactly, what you understand is wrong, Factom only sold 2200+ BTC in ICO phase(IPO price is from 50K to around 67 sat), but their company raised 1 million+ USD from VC. Do you know Factom will attend the blockchain meeting in China in 15th Oct, I guess they will get more VC in this meeting, let's wait and see.

Factom will do presentation as Ethereum/IBM/Swiss Bank/DDT ect...
http://www.hbrchina.org/150916/
legendary
Where can one buy Factom?

edit: all good I found Polo and strapped a few on, even though I know it will likely fall ...lol
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
dcxtx:  
That is fairly close.

At this point there is no way to conjure factoids for running a server on your home machine.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10

If you mean run an active miner for block rewards, not yet.  Factom has a server running without block reward.  when the full system of federated servers are up, then yes.  you can.  It is not quite as simple as run one and get block rewards, thre is a consensus process that detaermins who is a federated server and who is not (is an auditor i believe) 

Brian Deery?  Mostly Accurate?
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
It is indeed possible to run your own server.  It is a great way to prototype applications on top of Factom without risking any value. 

Here are the directions to run a Factom Sandbox server:

https://github.com/FactomProject/FactomDocs/blob/master/developerSandboxSetup.md
legendary
Activity: 1414

No, no free coins for you to dump on the exchange for lunch money.
Read instead of posting.
Activity: 570
Merit: 500
Jump to: