Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 424. (Read 2115876 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Funny to see all the discussion about the amount of coins, as if this is what is going to really determined FACTOM's actual market value. There is no way to determine this right now until the tech starts being used by countries, companies or private individuals.

Don't forget the "supply" in supply and demand.
Activity: 633
Merit: 500
B Money Prepaid Mastercard bmoney.io
Funny to see all the discussion about the amount of coins, as if this is what is going to really determined FACTOM's actual market value. There is no way to determine this right now until the tech starts being used by countries, companies or private individuals.
Activity: 910
Merit: 511
factoids from both of my accounts arrived on polo...

i am not planning to dump. I simply want to have my factoids available...

hi jiggy!

how many hours to see fct on polo after you claimed it whith 12 words master phrase?Huh

legendary
Activity: 1246
20% inflation in the first year?  Now I see why the price is tanking.

Yes but the coins that are used get burned so I would think that nullifies the high inflation rate.

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
This is the most interesting economical system I've seen so far in Crypto... if I understand it right. I have some questions but first I want to read more about it. Could be ingenious... like reality in virtuality - and improved. Will be exciting to see how the "price-finding" between market, entry-credits and back to market will work out. It's elegant and simple but very dynamic and complex at the same time.

well you are in the special situation that you understand what factoms' economic model is about while others (seem to) not understand the systems properly.

in my opinion it is the first system (maybe besides bitcoin) which could solve some real world issues in near time. it has its unique use case that needs decentralisation (see difference to other projects).

anyway I could be horribly wrong and this is a semi-scam or the team sucks - but the general idea is exciting and promising.
legendary
Activity: 1372
20% inflation in the first year?  Now I see why the price is tanking.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

My two questions

1. What's the Max Total Supply

2. Inflation How much will be mined per day, month and year?

That was also my question, but I think/hope I figured it out. There is a very interesting Video:

Factoid Market Dynamics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3rM2TQJt7o

At 7:05 they're talking about the inflation. At that moment it wasn't sure how many Factoids there would be but the total supply is:

8,756,684 FCT   ...if Coinmarketcap is right.
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/factom/

What they say is: 20% inflation in the first year, what would be 1,751,337   

And that concrete amount of 1,751,337 FCT's will be added every year. So it's a decreasing inflation in percentage.

0 monts to 12 monts: 10,508,020  (+20%)

12 - 24: 12,259,357  (+ 16.7%)

24 - 36: 14,010,695 (+14.3%)

and so on...

Hope I'm right with that....
Activity: 375
Merit: 250

My two questions

1. What's the Max Total Supply

2. Inflation How much will be mined per day, month and year?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
ow another fail like bcy did  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy ,dev wont  use real account ,cause this is just virtual project
i'm trying to find factom hashrate network... but i don't find it...
i check on explorer (http://explorer.factom.org/)... but i don't find it

factoids from both of my accounts arrived on polo...

i am not planning to dump. I simply want to have my factoids available...

hi jiggy..
how many time to see fct on polo???

maybe more than 12hours???
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
many now are selling their coins on the Polo, so there is no faith in this project? Sad

There's only 310,603 FCT for sale on a total of 8,759,946 FCT.

So only 3.5% of the Factoids are for sale currently...
Only 30% of those Factoids are for sale under 0.0015 BTC...

Seems the other 96.5% still has faith Wink

This project hasn't even started... I think it's realistic to wait another year before you sell, unless you really need the money.

The future of these kind of projects is always uncertain, it hasn't been done before... it could fail and you lose everything you invested... If you think this will happen, sell! If you don't... hold...
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
Now you all got FCT on the exchange? To do what? Sell?

Trade.   I already doubled my ipo amount..
legendary
It's good that there is some distribution... I'm glad it's at this price-level because I missed the ICO. Buying. ;-)
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
many now are selling their coins on the Polo, so there is no faith in this project? Sad
people held for 6 months and return is still 20-40% if they sell now. certainly cant expect the price to be what it opened at. though holding .001 would be nice. people who are buying or bought should be waiting around for use cases to be implemented to see where this train goes.
Activity: 350
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
What will happen to the other 50% of the coins?

What business partners that will actually use this protocol, does factom have? Apart from the ones mentioned on the first page. Anyone actually interested and in the works of using the protocol? Any known company?
Honduras was going to use it, then factom announced they lied about it. https://twitter.com/junseth/status/632353045687455745?s=09

I know there were some issues about that. That's why I want to know more to see what kind of other opportunities this might have at the moment.

Can anyone answer those 2 questions?

Will the remaining 50% of the funds be used for development  (which doesnt make sense since IPO was made and they got the money) or be sold in the future?

Any other users like the Honduras? Any other company or region is interested?
I cant say if they got 50% extra coins or not but the dude who did the review showed the balances form koinify matched the balances on factom genesis block. and the IPO funds were to be made available to the factom team in 3 installments based on goals. they met all goals for the first goal by showing they IPO was distributed, you could send and recieve factoids, and you can enter hashes into the bitcoin blockchain and theyd show up in your factom wallet & the bitcoin blockchain.
legendary
This is the most interesting economical system I've seen so far in Crypto... if I understand it right. I have some questions but first I want to read more about it. Could be ingenious... like reality in virtuality - and improved. Will be exciting to see how the "price-finding" between market, entry-credits and back to market will work out. It's elegant and simple but very dynamic and complex at the same time.

Activity: 289

What business partners that will actually use this protocol, does factom have? Apart from the ones mentioned on the first page. Anyone actually interested and in the works of using the protocol? Any known company?
Honduras was going to use it, then factom announced they lied about it. https://twitter.com/junseth/status/632353045687455745?s=09

I know there were some issues about that. That's why I want to know more to see what kind of other opportunities this might have at the moment.

Can anyone answer those 2 questions?

Will the remaining 50% of the funds be used for development  (which doesnt make sense since IPO was made and they got the money) or be sold in the future?

Any other users like the Honduras? Any other company or region is interested?
Activity: 283

Jump to: