Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 420. (Read 2115876 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Looking at harvsmith's post history this is obviously a troll account.

FACTOMs troll following is pretty impressive. It's partly what keeps me interested in it.  Grin

The bitcointalk troll squad only trolls projects that threaten them to some extent. There are a ton of real scammy projects but people don't even bother to troll. Factom is a legitimate project with legitimate goals and a team based in the US.  

AND dcxtx runs a legitimate service also based in the US.

I'm actually a fan and investor in Factom. My issue is with dcxtx's "service." I think it's disingenuous to charge 10x the ico price for FCT when it is not even listed. But this is crypto, right? Everyone is trying to pull a fast one, so it's OK. Also, being based in the US does not make something legitimate.

Hey Harvsmith,
  I am not sure how our price is disingenuous.  That is the price that we are willing to accept .  Was it also disingenuous for us to buy at higher than the ico price?  What is your definition of listed?  One exchange?  Three so it is not a monopoly?  We have a "service" where, after setting up an account, you send us bitcoin and ,at the price we have posted, we automatically send you back factoid.  I am sorry if that has offended your sensibilities.

dcxtx,

Don't mind these guys, they obviously don't understand how a free market works

See my point. Charging 10x for FCT was a huge ripoff. Back to ICO prices.

What we're you expecting to happen? $1, 2$, $50 after market listing?

I expect Factoids to settle out closer to $1 when new of the first sizable project integration starts to make the news.  I hope that happens before the end of the year.  This month would be great.   Right now, factoids are cheap.  If you are involved in a project that will need entry credits and you did not participate in the ICO, now is the time to buy.  While my sell price may have made you mad, you may have noticed that my buy price was also a multiple of the ICO price also.  My timing may have been off, but I am not going to lose money on the ones I purchased.
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
Factoms fan club has been discussed previously.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12587459
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Forget conspiracy theories. Let the market tell you what to do. All is well. The market will let you know
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
So much bullshit from what seems to be a few 12y old newbs..
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
And if you look to the marketing side, it will be  than the more cost factoid, then the higher the coin will be in the ranking coinmarketcap, which means it is more credible to the coin, and the company that supports it on the part of current and future investors. So the founders of the project should take care of that factoid no drops to 0. Otherwise, why bother if it was to produce a coin, only to raise money for the first stage. This is bad. Factoid - face the project.

p.s. Sorry my bad english
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
You sound like you're running to mommy for help only because of a few incompetent traders..  Roll Eyes

They are providing a working product, a useful product.

I would like to remind you that most of the buyers didn't touch their factoids..

How do I withdraw my factoid from koinify? I cant see any send field in the wallet tab

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12644190
legendary
Activity: 1400
How do I withdraw my factoid from koinify? I cant see any send field in the wallet tab
Activity: 910
Decentralized Jihad
Buy-wall at: 0.00046020   FTC: 108648.41373315   BTC: 50.00000000

Sell-wall at: 0.00052000   FTC:73983.59303114         BTC: 38.47146838   

What does this mean?

First I believed the sellorder would be pulled and somebody would try to pump this. But that's not the case.

Some sense would make, if there was the sellorder first and somebody else built up the buywall against it, maybe to prevent panic-dumps. The buyorder is untouched... still 50 BTC. The Sellorder is now at 22.8 BTC - some bought into it.

These two are fake walls IMO. It needs to be concidered that it's possible to fill own orders too.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

Sell-wall at: 0.00052000   FTC:73983.59303114         BTC: 38.47146838   

What does this mean?

First I believed the sellorder would be pulled and somebody would try to pump this. But that's not the case.

Some sense would make, if there was the sellorder first and somebody else built up the buywall against it, maybe to prevent panic-dumps. The buyorder is untouched... still 50 BTC. The Sellorder is now at 22.8 BTC - some bought into it.

It might be a battle between two big holders Roll Eyes

Or maybe it's just one person trying to f with your mind. Or stabilize the price. Or exist at .0052 then pull the buy wall. Or make 10% in the spread. It's impossible to know, but it's probably not what you think.

lol, very nice post.
legendary
Activity: 1621
news.8btc.com
factom installation guide (in Chinese)

公证通factom客户端安装指南(MAC/windows/linux)
http://8btc.com/thread-23680-1-3.html
(出处: 巴比特论坛)
Activity: 18
Merit: 0

Sell-wall at: 0.00052000   FTC:73983.59303114         BTC: 38.47146838   

What does this mean?

It might be a battle between two big holders Roll Eyes

Or maybe it's just one person trying to f with your mind. Or stabilize the price. Or exist at .0052 then pull the buy wall. Or make 10% in the spread. It's impossible to know, but it's probably not what you think.

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

What does this mean?

legendary

Activity: 722
Merit: 500
Ask yourself why such ETHEREUM were able to attract the big money in the project, although in addition to the ideas they had nothing.

Is this a bot?
Apparently this project has no money to a good advertisement and good PR. Either there are no good PR managers to attract potential buyers. After all, you need to sync not only work on the technical part of the project, but also to work in the advertising part to promote this project. And so it turns out that those who would have bought coins, and new investors simply do not have. Therefore, there is no demand on the exchange. Ask yourself why such ethereum were able to attract the big money in the project, although in addition to the ideas they had nothing.

And the bad thing is that many potential investors, it is not the programmers and engineers, and they simply can not understand the essence of this project, since there is simply no information in simple words that would explain the essence of this project, its goals and the possibility of applying. You can also post an article for the common people about the project at the same coindesk where they were to tell all the advantages of this project. This would attract more money into the project.

p.s. I'm not a bot Grin
legendary
It's pretty normal that prices go below the ICO after it's listed on an exchange. The reason is simple: Those who wanted to buy FTC bought the ICO. That was the time of big attention. Than the time went by and some of them need money, others are impatient after a few hours on the exchange without 500% of profit and so on. This Thread isn't in the Ann-section, it doesn't get that much attention in the Crypto-World. And there are mainly the usual Traders on Poloniex. Those who are interested in Factom as a project because they want to use it doesn't necessarily invest in FTC's now, because it won't make any difference if they buy it now or later. They'll focus on the price of the entry-credits.
No, it's not. I've seen a lot of IPO/pre-sales and succuessfull ones didn't go below IPO/pre-sale that quick. Being the topic in a wrong section etc is no excuse. 

It can't. Media attract traders' attention and they google a coin/token to buy it. This is why google trends data usually matches bubbles.

See... they won't give the tokens away to people without some faith in the project.
Those contributors who got 30% of the tokens might be the dev team. They are spending investors' money on devlopment as they are supposed to. So they need to get some profit by an ahother way and the way is dumping the 30%.

And there were 4,379,973 FTC's sold to the public... that's enough potential to bring pressure on the price if there is not enough attention right now from Investors with an account at Polo to catch it. And those who are scared because of the price know what I'm talking about. It's really not meant critical in any way. But people should invest with more mind and patience instead of just reacting on the chart. I can't predict the future of this project and there are risks everytime. But if I compare this to 99% of other projects I see a great opportunity and I have to confess: I'm glad about the price because I've missed the ICO.

Edit: There were mainly two dumps with higher volume. Both dumps began at a price range higher than the ICO but brought the price below. Means: He or she or they got out near exactly the ICO-price in average. And: At around 0.0009 was a lot more in the sellorders some hours ago. It's possible that it's just one person who wanted to sell at around 0.0009 but expects the price to go down more or maybe even that he could be able to cause some panic to bring it down and buy more in price ranges below ICO.

With other words: It's normal speculation. So, add to what I've said above the possible intention to cause some panic with dumpings to buy more.
Well, will see that...

There is not that much we agree. But we agree with "We will see" ;-)
Activity: 449
don t touch my Bits
what a mess!
Decentralized Jihad
It's pretty normal that prices go below the ICO after it's listed on an exchange. The reason is simple: Those who wanted to buy FTC bought the ICO. That was the time of big attention. Than the time went by and some of them need money, others are impatient after a few hours on the exchange without 500% of profit and so on. This Thread isn't in the Ann-section, it doesn't get that much attention in the Crypto-World. And there are mainly the usual Traders on Poloniex. Those who are interested in Factom as a project because they want to use it doesn't necessarily invest in FTC's now, because it won't make any difference if they buy it now or later. They'll focus on the price of the entry-credits.
No, it's not. I've seen a lot of IPO/pre-sales and succuessfull ones didn't go below IPO/pre-sale that quick. Being the topic in a wrong section etc is no excuse.

It can't. Media attract traders' attention and they google a coin/token to buy it. This is why google trends data usually matches bubbles.

See... they won't give the tokens away to people without some faith in the project.
Those contributors who got 30% of the tokens might be the dev team. They are spending investors' money on devlopment as they are supposed to. So they need to get some profit by an ahother way and the way is dumping the 30%.

And there were 4,379,973 FTC's sold to the public... that's enough potential to bring pressure on the price if there is not enough attention right now from Investors with an account at Polo to catch it. And those who are scared because of the price know what I'm talking about. It's really not meant critical in any way. But people should invest with more mind and patience instead of just reacting on the chart. I can't predict the future of this project and there are risks everytime. But if I compare this to 99% of other projects I see a great opportunity and I have to confess: I'm glad about the price because I've missed the ICO.

Edit: There were mainly two dumps with higher volume. Both dumps began at a price range higher than the ICO but brought the price below. Means: He or she or they got out near exactly the ICO-price in average. And: At around 0.0009 was a lot more in the sellorders some hours ago. It's possible that it's just one person who wanted to sell at around 0.0009 but expects the price to go down more or maybe even that he could be able to cause some panic to bring it down and buy more in price ranges below ICO.

With other words: It's normal speculation. So, add to what I've said above the possible intention to cause some panic with dumpings to buy more.
Well, will see that...
Merit: 511
Anyone know how to get Factoids out of the KOINIFY wallet !?!?!

just go here (yellow rounded field)
and insert the 12 words Master phrase.

don't work for me... but if you read some page ago, it seems to work for some users...
Jump to: