Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 447. (Read 2115876 times)

Activity: 283
Merit: 250
email i just got:

Update On Factom

This week our development team has been hard at work fixing bugs discovered in the RC1. Primarily they have been working on network and data structures. We anticipate that RC2 will be available shortly thanks in part to the hard work of our volunteer testers. We feel deeply appreciative for all the work that has gone into this project from our community.

In Other News
The development team has determined that Ireland will be the best place to put our servers. They will be migrating them there this weekend.

The Factom Foundation helped sponsor HackCoin’s hackathon in London last week. Congratulations to the winning team: James Carlyle, Christiana Imafidon, Warren Puckett and Colin Platt. The next hackathon for HackCoin will be in Mumbai next week. Check out last week’s event here.

Below is a video of Tiana and Peter discussing Factom and cool things that can be built on it.

Thank you for being an awesome and supportive community.
Activity: 462
Please get your facts straight before making advices.
factom sale ended around the third week of May, so at max it was around 2+ months ago.

I was not making "advices". I did not say factoids will go up nor down. In fact my point was that I can not think of a similar situation ( waiting 2, or 5 months for users to obtain use of their token ) so I have no clue what to expect.

Ethereum, but that's a real project.
factom sale ended around the third week of May, so at max it was around 2+ months ago.

I was not making "advices". I did not say factoids will go up nor down. In fact my point was that I can not think of a similar situation ( waiting 2, or 5 months for users to obtain use of their token ) so I have no clue what to expect.
Activity: 596
Merit: 500
F*CK WHALES!
I'm waiting to sell this token Smiley
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Activity: 338
What is the price of FACTOM?

2x 1/2

Grin

Whatever someone is willing to pay.

I mean is there a current rate?

It is not on an exchange yet, so there is no price.

Usually after these types of crowd sales theres a huge dump. But I imagine this will be different, as it's been like 5 months since users bought their coins. Not the typical pump/dump altcoin. But we will see I guess.

Also keep in mind, the bitcoin price has raised a lot since these users bought their factoids.

4,379,973 were sold for a total of 2,278 BTC .
Making 1 BTC worth 1,923 factoids.
Making 1 factoid worth .00052 BTC / or $0.15

Thank you. I'll be watching this closely.

2x 1/2

Grin

It is not on an exchange yet, so there is no price.

Usually after these types of crowd sales theres a huge dump. But I imagine this will be different, as it's been like 5 months since users bought their coins. Not the typical pump/dump altcoin. But we will see I guess.

Also keep in mind, the bitcoin price has raised a lot since these users bought their factoids.

4,379,973 were sold for a total of 2,278 BTC .
Making 1 BTC worth 1,923 factoids.
Making 1 factoid worth .00052 BTC / or $0.15

2x 1/2

Grin

take the rate on the final date of the crowdsale a few weeks ago as the minimal price (floor).

2x 1/2

Grin

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

2x 1/2

Grin

Activity: 129
Will factoids be traded on exchanges during or after beta?
Activity: 251
This is third quarter, when will this show hit the road?

Shouldn't be much longer, we are releasing weekly updates on progress.
The Beta will be released once Release Candidate 2 is out and has been thoroughly tested.

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
This is third quarter, when will this show hit the road?
Activity: 164
Zap.org - Data Feed Oracle Marketplace
yes, this project developer looks like good with visionary mission, my bro
Shouldn't the equity investors be entitled to a cut of the company's profits?

What about selling your shares on something like Second Market?  Are they transferrable?

Is this a typical arrangement when investing in a private company?

I'm not a Factom Inc investor but I'm trying to understand what was offered.

Only if the company decides to distribute profits.

only if there is a "secondary market" and i am not even sure if the company entertains changing their share ownership on that basis.

Yes

I am also trying to explain what I understand. btw investors buying into Factom Inc were acting buying it via a syndicate, so basically they had the syndicate (Bitcoin Fund in this case) holding the shares on their behalf.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
How can I trade equity of Factom Inc.?

no, you cannot trade equity in Factom Inc. because it is private equity. aka completely illiquid until after an IPO.

What if the company never IPOs and is neither sold in a private transaction?

Then you are stuck with a piece of paper proving your ownership of a piece of the company Smiley
This has always been part of the deal, investors should have done their homework.

Shouldn't the equity investors be entitled to a cut of the company's profits?

What about selling your shares on something like Second Market?  Are they transferrable?

Is this a typical arrangement when investing in a private company?

I'm not a Factom Inc investor but I'm trying to understand what was offered.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
This is a great development for digital currencies. The ability for Factom to dissociate from digital currency will certainly bring a lot of new companies to the space!
How can I trade equity of Factom Inc.?

no, you cannot trade equity in Factom Inc. because it is private equity. aka completely illiquid until after an IPO.

What if the company never IPOs and is neither sold in a private transaction?

Then you are stuck with a piece of paper proving your ownership of a piece of the company Smiley
This has always been part of the deal, investors should have done their homework.
Activity: 251
Jump to: