Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 443. (Read 2115876 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

We are thrilled to announce our Release Candidate 2.

Read more about it on our blog:
http://blog.factom.org/post/127157572974/technical-update-release-candidate-2

How's RC2 testing coming along?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
What does this coin do that makes it so high and great compared to other altcoins? All I hear is Factom this and that. It's going to be the best. Couldn't any random altcoin do what Factom is doing?

"federated/centralized servers" could just be PoS mining.
"side chain" is just a blockchain that can work along side bitcoin = 99% of altcoins.
"hashed data" is just hashed data.

I must be missing something. What is it that I'm missing?

No, you're not missing anything.  BitSwift is already doing the majority of what these guys claim to be doing.

It's going to be another ether that may pump initially because people won't be able to figure out how to move their coins (yeah, it's tough to build a GUI wallet on such a tight budget  Roll Eyes ) but as soon as people figure out it'll dump to shit and nobody will ever care again.

Calling it now, will be back in a year to pat myself on the back.

Let me guess, this is one of Bob's sockpuppets.
How many WSJ articles have been written about Bitswift? (lmfao)
This is a real project, I know that's threatening to shitcoin whales.

Don't hate because you aren't making profit around here like others are.

We'll see just how "real" this project ends up being.  I'd bet on it never reaching any sort of widespread adoption.  

And try doing a little research before you make stupid comments.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
What does this coin do that makes it so high and great compared to other altcoins? All I hear is Factom this and that. It's going to be the best. Couldn't any random altcoin do what Factom is doing?

"side chain" is just a blockchain that can work along side bitcoin = 99% of altcoins.

No, you're not missing anything.  BitSwift is already doing the majority of what these guys claim to be doing.

It's going to be another ether that may pump initially because people won't be able to figure out how to move their coins (yeah, it's tough to build a GUI wallet on such a tight budget  Roll Eyes ) but as soon as people figure out it'll dump to shit and nobody will ever care again.

Let me guess, this is one of Bob's sockpuppets.
How many WSJ articles have been written about Bitswift? (lmfao)
This is a real project, I know that's threatening to shitcoin whales.

No, you're not missing anything.  BitSwift is already doing the majority of what these guys claim to be doing.

It's going to be another ether that may pump initially because people won't be able to figure out how to move their coins (yeah, it's tough to build a GUI wallet on such a tight budget  Roll Eyes ) but as soon as people figure out it'll dump to shit and nobody will ever care again.

Activity: 476

legendary
Activity: 1057
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Dev, does any exchange will start the FACTOM trade when we release?

Yes there will be, we are in talks with a few but we should be able to have ShapeShift and Cryptsy to start with.

Cryptsy ?!  oh dear..  Why not poloniex ?

Bittrex, Cryptsy, Poloniex, and ShapeShit.io should be the 4 to start with.

I prefer to Bittrex and Poloniex, bter is okay too.

Bter is done, there's no volume, their support is horrible, and they still have transactions problems.
I vote for Bittrex and Poloniex.
legendary
Hopefully Factom will avoid the gutter-trash scam exchanges C-cex and Yobit. Since it will take a bit of work and more than 75 iq points to make these tokens tradable I doubt that will be an issue.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

Yes there will be, we are in talks with a few but we should be able to have ShapeShift and Cryptsy to start with.

Bter is done, there's no volume, their support is horrible, and they still have transactions problems.
legendary
Activity: 1098
Angel investor.

legendary
The coin distribution is a very important thing for the future of a cryptocoin.

You are demonstrating why Bitcointalk is generally a waste of time for developers to participate in nowadays.  All you care about is Factoid distribution and proving that you are right but your opinions and accusations are not backed by facts or logic.  Your concerns have been repeatedly addressed by the Factom team.

Factom is much more than a cryptocurency network and it's distribution is far less important than it's potential development capabilities.  Most cryptocurrencies have no use other than as a currency, but Factom puts them to use as an anti-spam mechanism, reward mechanism for federated servers, and a mechanism to price data entries into the Bitcoin blockchain.  Factoids are an integral part of the economic system and their value has yet to be determined.

You have also suggested that Factom engaged in investment fraud by using funds from the presale to purchase tokens in the crowdsale.  #1 this is why they used Koinify and #2 this would be blatant fraud and easily traceable if either party was ever subpoenaed for records.  This does not make sense given the high esteem with which Paul Snow (and Factom) is held in by the Bitcoin community.

Right now, the beta release is all we are interested in and after that we will have data to analyze about Factoid distribution.

Fartbags is just pissed he missed the crowdsale, don't feed the troll.

The coin distribution is a very important thing for the future of a cryptocoin.

You are demonstrating why Bitcointalk is generally a waste of time for developers to participate in nowadays.  All you care about is Factoid distribution and proving that you are right but your opinions and accusations are not backed by facts or logic.  Your concerns have been repeatedly addressed by the Factom team.

Factom is much more than a cryptocurency network and it's distribution is far less important than it's potential development capabilities.  Most cryptocurrencies have no use other than as a currency, but Factom puts them to use as an anti-spam mechanism, reward mechanism for federated servers, and a mechanism to price data entries into the Bitcoin blockchain.  Factoids are an integral part of the economic system and their value has yet to be determined.  Factom has been heavily scrutinized by the Bitcoin community and they are very aware of the expectations of Factoids to remain valuable in the marketplace - and have spoken about this repeatedly in interviews.

You have also suggested that Factom engaged in investment fraud by using funds from the presale to purchase tokens in the crowdsale.  #1 this is why they used Koinify and #2 this would be blatant fraud and easily traceable if either party was ever subpoenaed for records.  This does not make sense given the high esteem with which Paul Snow (and Factom) is held in by the Bitcoin community.

Right now, the beta release is all we are interested in and after that we will have data to analyze about Factoid distribution.
legendary
Hopefully things will go well and Fartbags will stop farting.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

Activity: 251

legendary
Activity: 1057
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
Dear fartbags and NextGenCrypto your assumptions are your assumptions, lets consider them for what they are.
When we hosted our token sale it was clearly stated that 20% of the Factoids were reserved for early investors, that is no secret, everyone before purchasing Factoids was able to find that information.
As David mentioned we cannot disclose the names of the people who participated in the early sale, is that what are you looking for, the names of the people?

Their funds helped Factom develop its software since 2014, without them we wouldn't have been able to be where we are now.

David also mentioned: The Genesis block will show the amounts of Factoids owned by all participant addresses that took part in the early sale (20%), main sale (50%), and the early contributors (30%).

That is where you'll be able to see where all the Factoids are.

The personal names are irrelevant to me. Nothing you did was illegal, it was just sneaky. The worst thing you did was create a bubble as the early investors pump up the price with public buyers.

You can read more about this scam here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1cop2cos-the-pre-crowdsaleearly-saleseed-investor-scam-aka-the-bubble-scam-1158161

The Factom crowd sale was a 1COP2COS (1st coin offering private limited, 2nd coin offering public sell).

Since Factom was one of the first to perform this 1COP2COS scam I will give you guys a break. The effects of this model were not tested yet. But from now on out I will be calling out all crowdsales if they try to perfom a 1COP2COS

An important thing to note about this scam is they rely on the argument that the early funds were required. This argument does not justify a private limited coin offering. Initial funds should be raised through the public. This would give the same private investors the ability to invest into the project.

If these same private investors are not willing to invest with the public then it proves this is an over valued bubble that no one should be investing in.

If the smart investors who know about this technology aren't willing to invest with the public then you should take their advice and not invest with the public either. Don't end up a bag holder wishing on shooting stars while the early investors are cashed out with lots of profits and moving on to the next project.

If thats the case, then every seed series A, IPO is a scam. lol

disclaimer: I know and met the factom guys, they are cool.

A traditional series A and IPO would be considered an ICOP2CO. Before the popularity of crowdfunding and the tech of the blockchain, it would have been hard to do business any other way than an ICOP2CO. Factom did an ICOP2COS which is different than a series A and IPO. The auction style "crowd-sale" after a private sale is what creates the bubble effect.

I will give Factom a break because they were possibly just the second people in history to do an ICOP2COS using cryptocoins. The effects of such a thing were not really known. How Factom raised funds created a bubble. Depending on how much pre-investments and efforts were put into this project, there could be up to 1.1 million $ of unaccounted money.

This cryptocoin stuff is the future. Just because Factom is a great project doesn't mean a few people can abuse the public for their gain.

Developers have the ability to include everyone at the same price. The coin distribution is a very important thing for the future of a cryptocoin. Factom has extremely poor distribution. I would call the developers/pre-sale investor 50% premine a "golden parachute". Of course the developers and early investors want this to be a huge success but in an emergency, such as new competition or poor user growth, the early people can exit for a nice profit.

I'm sure investors in these projects will realize this style of investment doesn't pay off well for them.

Projects running public crowd sales as the first step, an ICOS, will prove to work out way better.

There are better ways to raise funds and get projects like this built.

Fewer golden parachutes = more money to hire more developers to build more projects.

Anyone thinking they were doing the right thing investing in this to get a good project built actually had the opposite effect. This type of fund raising puts money into greedy peoples pockets.

Well shit, as long as they're "cool", we're good guys!  No worries here!   Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1098
Angel investor.
Dear fartbags and NextGenCrypto your assumptions are your assumptions, lets consider them for what they are.
When we hosted our token sale it was clearly stated that 20% of the Factoids were reserved for early investors, that is no secret, everyone before purchasing Factoids was able to find that information.
As David mentioned we cannot disclose the names of the people who participated in the early sale, is that what are you looking for, the names of the people?

Their funds helped Factom develop its software since 2014, without them we wouldn't have been able to be where we are now.

David also mentioned: The Genesis block will show the amounts of Factoids owned by all participant addresses that took part in the early sale (20%), main sale (50%), and the early contributors (30%).

The personal names are irrelevant to me. Nothing you did was illegal, it was just sneaky. The worst thing you did was create a bubble as the early investors pump up the price with public buyers.

You can read more about this scam here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1cop2cos-the-pre-crowdsaleearly-saleseed-investor-scam-aka-the-bubble-scam-1158161

The Factom crowd sale was a 1COP2COS (1st coin offering private limited, 2nd coin offering public sell).

Since Factom was one of the first to perform this 1COP2COS scam I will give you guys a break. The effects of this model were not tested yet. But from now on out I will be calling out all crowdsales if they try to perfom a 1COP2COS

An important thing to note about this scam is they rely on the argument that the early funds were required. This argument does not justify a private limited coin offering. Initial funds should be raised through the public. This would give the same private investors the ability to invest into the project.

If these same private investors are not willing to invest with the public then it proves this is an over valued bubble that no one should be investing in.

If the smart investors who know about this technology aren't willing to invest with the public then you should take their advice and not invest with the public either. Don't end up a bag holder wishing on shooting stars while the early investors are cashed out with lots of profits and moving on to the next project.

Don't troll here, man!
legendary
Activity: 1064
Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

Jump to: