Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Fantom | CPU Mineable | DarkSend | Masternode | Tor+I2P | sMP Releasing Sn - page 43. (Read 77890 times)

legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000
Awesome! count me in as one of the first readers when its ready! Don't get me wrong, the other tuts are great and full of info, I'd just like to experiment deeper Smiley and havent yet been able to accomplish it on wits and knowledge alone (granted i may be lacking a little in each area lol)

That said, I love the coin and have been mining+staking since day 2 (i missed the release sadly)
As for the block explorer (or a second one. as i see someone has offered to build one), there are a few good open-source block explorers such as 'abe' available on github.
Abe = https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/announce-abe-07-open-source-block-explorer-knockoff-22785
CallMeJake = https://github.com/CallMeJake/BlockCrawler
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
OK after review he has done a name change and algo change.

This entails about 1 hours work in total.

The other commits under his name are in fact my commits that he has done and committed under his name and the rest he has just merged.

So in other words. Yes, this is a ^*%*coin.

post some diff between the changes or some screenshot that proves that less of tot time duckyeah copied your commits, anyway still i don't see any diff file to prove all....

It's easy to diff, I haven't got time, I am too busy working on DarkSilk.

Simply fork my code, and then overwrite with his and commit, you'll see the change.

Or look at this commit - https://github.com/LordOfTheCoin/fantom/commit/ca6ccae85505cbebcc4cc59bf7ba3680b45ba418

That is his name change and algo change. All the other commits of his are mine.

(BTW, an hour was being generous, with a good editor you can find/replace all in less than 5 minutes and doing an algo change takes 20 minutes.....if your a developer)
I'm interested in learning these aspects of the coins, do you know of anywhere that has a decent tutorial on the more advanced aspects? such as performing an algo change? or adding POS to an existing coins code? Or possibly even adding merged mining capabilities? (This is simply for research and fun)
I have been over the devtome guide devtome.com/doku.php?id=scrypt_altcoin_cloning_guide aswell as a few others i managed to find, and although some are pretty good (including wallet creation and the likes), none seem to go quite this deep.
(I apologize if this is off-topic, if so please just pm me and ill remove my comment)

I'm makin' one now!
legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000
OK after review he has done a name change and algo change.

This entails about 1 hours work in total.

The other commits under his name are in fact my commits that he has done and committed under his name and the rest he has just merged.

So in other words. Yes, this is a ^*%*coin.

post some diff between the changes or some screenshot that proves that less of tot time duckyeah copied your commits, anyway still i don't see any diff file to prove all....

It's easy to diff, I haven't got time, I am too busy working on DarkSilk.

Simply fork my code, and then overwrite with his and commit, you'll see the change.

Or look at this commit - https://github.com/LordOfTheCoin/fantom/commit/ca6ccae85505cbebcc4cc59bf7ba3680b45ba418

That is his name change and algo change. All the other commits of his are mine.

(BTW, an hour was being generous, with a good editor you can find/replace all in less than 5 minutes and doing an algo change takes 20 minutes.....if your a developer)
I'm interested in learning these aspects of the coins, do you know of anywhere that has a decent tutorial on the more advanced aspects? such as performing an algo change? or adding POS to an existing coins code? Or possibly even adding merged mining capabilities? (This is simply for research and fun)
I have been over the devtome guide devtome.com/doku.php?id=scrypt_altcoin_cloning_guide aswell as a few others i managed to find, and although some are pretty good (including wallet creation and the likes), none seem to go quite this deep.
(I apologize if this is off-topic, if so please just pm me and ill remove my comment)
Activity: 630
Merit: 505
FUD continues...
If this coin is working after fixes why to spread FUD here? Jealous? Someone used your opensource? Cheezus.

It is the typical cancer of BCT - nobody can do anything without being fudded by someone else for whatever reason. This place is toxic in this regard and one of the big reasons why no alt-coin has made any significant progress. Sometimes it best to not post anything or face certain death by fud.

Sorry for posting here again, but need to explain this wasnr FUD and the coin is not fixed.   This is what was said.   But nonetheless hopfully we can find something useful in your code as you commit to benefit both coins.  Youre welcome tho for your codebase from the Silkcoin comm.   The goal is after all to be an open source community as opposed to closed communities using open source code.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
FUD continues...
If this coin is working after fixes why to spread FUD here? Jealous? Someone used your opensource? Cheezus.

It is the typical cancer of BCT - nobody can do anything without being fudded by someone else for whatever motive is. This place is toxic in this regard and one of the big reasons why no alt-coin has made any significant progress. Sometimes it best to not post anything or face certain death by fud.

Fully agree. I understand that the dev also is hoping to profit. However, the attitude of many BCT users is they want no premine, no ICO, no instamine and they want the dev to pay for adding to exchanges, seed nodes, and BCE. We have a community of leeches. Thank goodness we have some true heros as well willing to step in.
Of course, BCT is not unique with all the trolls. Look at all the vitriol posted on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Yelp, etc etc.
I have 17 connections.
"version" : "v1.0.0.0e4b5fe9 Fluffy",
    "protocolversion" : 60050,
    "walletversion" : 60022,
    "balance" : 2119.46666676,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 30878,
    "timeoffset" : -13,
    "moneysupply" : 844522.02333358,
    "connections" : 133,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "0.0.0.0",
    "difficulty" : {
        "proof-of-work" : 0.00033351,
        "proof-of-stake" : 15182.66188729

Not sure what I am doing right.

Oh, your IP is a Seed Node
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
FUD continues...

It is the typical cancer of BCT - nobody can do anything without being fudded by someone else for whatever reason. This place is toxic in this regard and one of the big reasons why no alt-coin has made any significant progress. Sometimes it best to not post anything or face certain death by fud.
legendary
I have 17 connections.
"version" : "v1.0.0.0e4b5fe9 Fluffy",
    "protocolversion" : 60050,
    "walletversion" : 60022,
    "balance" : 2119.46666676,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 30878,
    "timeoffset" : -13,
    "moneysupply" : 844522.02333358,
    "connections" : 133,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "0.0.0.0",
    "difficulty" : {
        "proof-of-work" : 0.00033351,
        "proof-of-stake" : 15182.66188729

Not sure what I am doing right.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
legendary
Yeah dont think funds were asked for.....

My wallet has 132 active connections at the moment. Just keep tabs on this thread, and see all the bug reports. What a great way to work out the kinks in your code. 132 active alpha testers.

Activity: 490
CTO - Silk Network
SLievensDRKSLK, Spencer, you should be applauded for caring. I'm not kidding

My intention was not FUD. It was to prevent any mishaps or investment into broken code.

I'm sorry for my rudeness, I was just a bit rough around the hedges (am I using this phrase right?), well, thank you!

edges Wink

My intention was not FUD. It was to prevent any mishaps or investment into broken code.

I'm sorry for my rudeness, I was just a bit rough around the hedges (am I using this phrase right?), well, thank you!

EDIT: Also, if I may suggest, how about a nice HTML5 Wallet for DarkSilk, I can do some porting
CTO - Silk Network

CTO - Silk Network
Yeah dont think funds were asked for.....
Activity: 574
Who asking funds  Huh It is free to mine. You can mine or you can pass it. Nobody forces anyone to use it.
Activity: 630
Merit: 505
Nobody has said I haven't forked your code, but It is also none of your business to FUD in this thread, if you had a problem , talk to me

Well sorry man wasnt FUD, but yes in the future when the code is complete we can let you know privately so you can fork the code and release this coin without having a disastrous effect on your investors and community.  

For previous comments.  Yes this is what open source is about, but using code from an unfinished coin in current tesring phase and lainching while asking for public funds is dangerous.   We will let all of ya kmow when the code is complete.  Else guess can follow the commits as we releaae them.

Spencer has worked on this for thousands of hours.. so maybe good to wait until the code is complete befoee releasing to the public.  Then yep open source fair game!
legendary
The "features" are what it is being sold on.

And they don't work fully......

I quoted the "features" because I'm using a euphemism for the word bug.
CTO - Silk Network
The "features" are what it is being sold on.

And they don't work fully......
legendary
FUD continues...

No the coin isn't working.

It works. Just has a lot of "features."  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: