Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS); New style, new services, same unique features - page 30. (Read 181052 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 10
Hi Guys, we need to be in this together in order to move this up. The first order of business should be to upgrade our core code to the latest bitcoincore. If there are any among us who are willing to contribute their skill towards making this work in the shortest time possible, we will all benefit greatly. Otherwise, my team is busy comparing the code, and will be submitting the code in due time (scared of over promising here).

TiPS 2.0 is way beyond tipping, we need to smarten up this coin, the code, the people and the will is there. If counterparty was able to incorporate ethereum, we would only be limited by our lack of ideas, or greed. And anyway, who says tipping has to be free?

Glad to hear this ....

Any update of Tips 2.0 progress Grin

Yes, we working on bringing the code up to 0.9.3 of the bitcoin code, when that is done, we will then move to the next step.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on having TiPS handle the exchange of tips/offers/rebates/discount vouchers etc. Currently, these vouchers are not highly exchangeable (is that what fungibility means?), I believe the blockchain solves that problem by allowing them to be communally valued,  monetized and exchanged in a manner that's easy to monitor and confirm. So I could exchange Supermarket points for a hotel discount, or frequent flier miles for a Safari discount etc.

I imagine that would allow sales departments to follow the journey's of their discount's, thus understand their markets, forge strategic partnerships and probably save on marketing costs.

Will get back to you guys when we are ready for a drive through the testnet.
Activity: 854
Merit: 502
It's no good, I just cannot get the TiPS wallet to sync.

And, yes, I HAVE tried everyhing!!  Angry

Message "no block source available".  Tried adding new .conf.  Tried adding nodes given on website.  Tried adding nodes given in TiPS reddit.

Tried adding them manually in the wallet console.

Nothing.  Roll Eyes

Can anybody help me with this??  Cry

Do shortcut on your office and in property add this : fedoracoin-qt.exe add -reindex
add space and -reindex for me it's good for sync.

Thanks for quick response. I'll give it a go and get back to you.  Grin

Syncing now!!   Grin

You are a gentleman and a scholar, thank you.  Kiss

Another nice tips to have wallet synced.
Quote it, if maybe i need it in the future
Activity: 527
Merit: 251
Quality Crypto Collector

Message "no block source available".  Tried adding new .conf.  Tried adding nodes given on website.  Tried adding nodes given in TiPS reddit.

Nothing.  Roll Eyes

Do shortcut on your office and in property add this : fedoracoin-qt.exe add -reindex

Syncing now!!   Grin

You are a gentleman and a scholar, thank you.  Kiss
Quality Crypto Collector

Nothing.  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1063

Nothing.  Roll Eyes

Quality Crypto Collector

Nothing.  Roll Eyes

Activity: 97
Hi Guys, we need to be in this together in order to move this up. The first order of business should be to upgrade our core code to the latest bitcoincore. If there are any among us who are willing to contribute their skill towards making this work in the shortest time possible, we will all benefit greatly. Otherwise, my team is busy comparing the code, and will be submitting the code in due time (scared of over promising here).

TiPS 2.0 is way beyond tipping, we need to smarten up this coin, the code, the people and the will is there. If counterparty was able to incorporate ethereum, we would only be limited by our lack of ideas, or greed. And anyway, who says tipping has to be free?

Glad to hear this ....

Any update of Tips 2.0 progress Grin
Activity: 623
Merit: 500
cool I updated the link and added port info, I guess it's ok now to make the port info public right? and maybe sometime we get to switch to POS and avoid all that dumping ha! Smiley
Activity: 73
Merit: 0
ok added Smiley
coinking seems to be working so I left it in there..
I went through and tested the ones originally on the site and http://fedora.pcfil.com/ still works as does picking the appropriate direct port on Multipool. 

CoinKing I left off because it no longer supports TiPS as a payout option. I tried logging in with my old account to verify if they allowed direct mining like Multipool, but I can't verify. If someone can positively verify, I'll throw it back up there.

cool updated, but multipool.us (?) says TiPS status is disabled?
It is on the switcher, because we got tired of people dumping the coins directly on the market, so multipool agreed we needed breathing room and allowed it to be directly mined on port 3357 but not through multiport 7777.

https://www.multipool.us/stats.php?curr=tips

I think that decision was made ... jeebuz. A year ago. Holy cow.
ok added Smiley
I went through and tested the ones originally on the site and http://fedora.pcfil.com/ still works as does picking the appropriate direct port on Multipool. 

CoinKing I left off because it no longer supports TiPS as a payout option. I tried logging in with my old account to verify if they allowed direct mining like Multipool, but I can't verify. If someone can positively verify, I'll throw it back up there.

cool updated, but multipool.us (?) says TiPS status is disabled?
Activity: 73
Merit: 0
ok added Smiley

ok added Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I'll update the OP if somebody gives us a new list.
also let me know if I can make any adjustments etc on the OP!

I think that this one below may be the only one running fedora right now:

http://www.maxipool.pl/index.php

I am using it for some time, everything run smooth, 0% fee.
I'll update the OP if somebody gives us a new list.
also let me know if I can make any adjustments etc on the OP!
Activity: 854
Merit: 502
Anyone have new pool list?
Pool list at OP not working anymore.
Activity: 291
Merit: 106
Founder #Zerozed $x0z
DW..

I'll use UFO for bithub. Whatever Hope does with Link and Fed with Mercbay, is entirely up to them and his nothing to do with me.
So Mercbay goes into fedoraco.in, no matter what the community thinks or decides? If this is not a pirate move, what is? It would be a total shame when this flounders and fails. The original piratebay devs are working on their own solution (https://torrentfreak.com/how-the-pirate-bay-plans-to-beat-censorship-for-good-140105/), fedoracoin is nowhere near their radar. Other devs within the crypto space are also working on a blockchained product (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--927397). We have bigger plans for this blockchain, plans that provide solutions to everyday, everyman problems. Circumventing IP law and censorship is good, but is so pedestrian compared to circumventing the economic constraints that are set in place, by providing viable options to ordinary people.

So using fedoraco.in and fedoracha.in to earn google points and ad revenue may seem lucrative in the short term, but you'll have a very short run.
I'm with you Kebwesi! all crypto is just at the beginning and nothing is decided yet, there is a lot we can do and a huge potential for TiPS 2.0. I salute the efforts!
I'm very limited on time for the few coming months so I can only cheer for you all from the backseats for now Cry

ps. I'm still available if the community fund is needed or if somebody else wants to control it, I'll be checking in every now and then. Smiley

I have to agree with Kebwesi although i really wish that tips price back to old time.

With some useful services I'm sure price can at least double.

yah I really think so too, double is very easy I think. we need to keep improving slowly but surely, let's start with TiPS 2.0 and then start building services upon that.
Pages:
Jump to: