Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS); New style, new services, same unique features - page 32. (Read 181052 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 10
"There's no bloat because of the burn cost."
Please explain the entire plan/proposal so that we can contribute fully.

While the blockchain may be distributed, its still a single entity. One way to attack it would be to bloat it, thus reduce the number of players willing to store the entire block, then take them out. What torrents need is a totally decentralized solution, no single point of failure.
Activity: 73
Merit: 0
1. Why switch the hosting? Does that imply we will be receiving modified versions of the wallets? I'd be much more comfortable with the same host as before.

I didn't know the hosting was still being paid for after I took over paying the domain, so I just had it pointed at one of my digitalocean droplets. After finding out that there was still something for it to point at, I reversed it and pointed it back to where it was. Then I discovered that when it was pointed back, downloading the wallets wasn't working. Rather than go through a constant barrage of asking who owned what and ensuring the site was ready for wallet dispersing for when I announce MercBay tomorrow, I went ahead and cloned it and will have the last known wallets up by the end of the evening.

2. I do not think blockchaining torrents is necessary, though for the sake of experiment, how are we going to handle bloat? I'd rather a totally decentralized solution for torrents such as bitmessage. That way, there is no single point of failure. The blockchain is an easy target.

There's no bloat because of the burn cost. It's taking the place of tx data and, so far as those partial coins are concerned, stops right there, as opposed to transactions that go on indefinitely as intended. 

Single point of failure? Blockchain an easy target? How, when everyone with a wallet is running a full node and, thus, a backup of the submissions?
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
1. Why switch the hosting? Does that imply we will be receiving modified versions of the wallets? I'd be much more comfortable with the same host as before.

2. I do not think blockchaining torrents is necessary, though for the sake of experiment, how are we going to handle bloat? I'd rather a totally decentralized solution for torrents such as bitmessage. That way, there is no single point of failure. The blockchain is an easy target.

3. Meanwhile, do we have a running fedoracoin testnet? The first order of business for our group of developers is to upgrade the core to bitcoin core 0.9.3. Are there other's working on the same?
Activity: 597
Merit: 500
By the way guys, the hosting for fedoraco.in is still there, the domain is just not pointed at it.

HopeStillFlies requested that I switch it.
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
By the way guys, the hosting for fedoraco.in is still there, the domain is just not pointed at it.

Cool, heading in a nice direction. Why merc though? A mercenary is hardly related to pirating.
Indeed, even though it may be used for piracy, my intent is circumvention of censorship, and why "mercenary" is because of the associated cost, value, of a submission of magnet link.
Alright, I'm working on rebuilding fedorco.in right now. If anyone has those windows prebuilds or a download they got from back when languishing in their download folder, I'd greatly appreciate it. MystPhysX provided his OS X version, and mtxm got the linux version to me.  

In the meantime, fedoracoin users, play with this.

http://mercbay.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvcXerSV5IM

Don't make any general announcements anywhere else yet, though, your eyes only. Otherwise you might put someone's eye out.
Cool, heading in a nice direction. Why merc though? A mercenary is hardly related to pirating.

----------------------------

Old OSX wallet had an OpenSSL version which was vulnerable to Heartbleed. Updated version is available now: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60507461/FedoraCoin-Qt.zip
Alright, I'm working on rebuilding fedorco.in right now. If anyone has those windows prebuilds or a download they got from back when languishing in their download folder, I'd greatly appreciate it. MystPhysX provided his OS X version, and mtxm got the linux version to me. 

In the meantime, fedoracoin users, play with this.

http://mercbay.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvcXerSV5IM

Don't make any general announcements anywhere else yet, though, your eyes only. Otherwise you might put someone's eye out.
In 6 days it will be a year since Fedoracoin was launched. That means the domain fedoraco.in will be expiring.

I will not be renewing it. Does anyone want to take over it? I'll give them the details if they step up.

Out of curiosity what is the actual cost in USD to renew the domain? what responsibilities would taking over the domain include?  
8.5USD for another year.

I will be giving control of the account that owns the domain to whoever is interested. If you're not comfortable with that then it'll cost another 5-10UDS to transfer the domain.

In terms of responsibilities you will just have to manage DNS changes which is like 5 minutes and then you never have to do it again.
If no one else has stepped up, I will. If you don't mind keeping them going on your account and I just pay you the amount owed, pay you for both fedoraco.in and chainexplorer.info. What do you prefer to be paid in?  
----
Also, as an aside, and so I don't double post, anyone know why the fedoracoin URI doesn't pull the app in Linux? I tried digging around to see if there was a way to make it happen in Firefox or Chrome and couldn't come up with anything.
chainexplorer.info will be more expensive at 10.47usd, just registering a new .com should be about half the price. I'll send you the other details.

--------------------------------

I finally got around to doing this. Here is a bootstrap.dat file for blocks 1 - 530001. It's about 500mb, same instructions: https://litecoin.info/Bootstrap.dat

It will take a while for the client to verify all the blocks so don't panic if it doesn't respond for a bit.
In 6 days it will be a year since Fedoracoin was launched. That means the domain fedoraco.in will be expiring.

I will not be renewing it. Does anyone want to take over it? I'll give them the details if they step up.

Out of curiosity what is the actual cost in USD to renew the domain? what responsibilities would taking over the domain include?  
8.5USD for another year.

I will be giving control of the account that owns the domain to whoever is interested. If you're not comfortable with that then it'll cost another 5-10UDS to transfer the domain.

In terms of responsibilities you will just have to manage DNS changes which is like 5 minutes and then you never have to do it again.
If no one else has stepped up, I will. If you don't mind keeping them going on your account and I just pay you the amount owed, pay you for both fedoraco.in and chainexplorer.info. What do you prefer to be paid in? 
----
Also, as an aside, and so I don't double post, anyone know why the fedoracoin URI doesn't pull the app in Linux? I tried digging around to see if there was a way to make it happen in Firefox or Chrome and couldn't come up with anything.
I'm interested as soon as I get chainexplorer.info up. 

Also, MystPhysX, do you still have a zip of the Mac OS X wallet laying around?

And anyone that has the 1.0 of the Windows one would be appreciated, too. It's trivial to build the wallet in Linux, but these need to be rehosted, bad.
OSX: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60507461/FedoraCoin-Qt.zip
I'm interested as soon as I get chainexplorer.info up. 

Also, MystPhysX, do you still have a zip of the Mac OS X wallet laying around?

And anyone that has the 1.0 of the Windows one would be appreciated, too. It's trivial to build the wallet in Linux, but these need to be rehosted, bad.

8.5USD for another year.

If you are still interested mining Fedora - visit my pool at http://www.maxipool.pl  %0 fee.
One 110 MH/s ASIC online.

I will develop this site to add some more coins soon.

You bet I am interested!

qtion to others: where are official sources for hashrate, block, and all that jazz?
My old sources are ded now, ticker is not functioning, I want to plug to fedora again.

Ditto on this, guys. I'm able to recompile a wallet in linux no problem but don't have the tools necessary for Windows and Mac. If someone could throw those up on mega or something so that they can be rehosted, that would be fantastic.
Activity: 182
Thanks!...yeah, I liked the Tips Ticker you made.

Hello folks!
I think it might just the right time to get back to my favourite coin and help a bit!
Those who are longer here may remember my pizzas, tips ticker and graphics stuff- if anything of such kind is needed- I can provide.

*tips fedora*

Good enough reason to fix it and make it even better. Stay tuned it should take few days.

Sooooo, can we actually start the fedora coin 2.0 process, set some dates when and what will be done?
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
Thumbs up on this. Thanks for the hard work in the Crypto space as well as including a concise synopsis on so many coins in the book.
Good fortune with it.

Activity: 257
Merit: 250
Thanks!...yeah, I liked the Tips Ticker you made.

Hello folks!
I think it might just the right time to get back to my favourite coin and help a bit!
Those who are longer here may remember my pizzas, tips ticker and graphics stuff- if anything of such kind is needed- I can provide.

*tips fedora*

Activity: 7

Activity: 182
with this cheap litecoin a fedora-pump could become affordable  Wink

yeah tips are literally half-priced now, I dare call sell walls literally small.
Activity: 742
with this cheap litecoin a fedora-pump could become affordable  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: