Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 'foo' and 'bar' coins--a "how-to" guide for cut+paste cryptocurrency - page 3. (Read 26811 times)

Activity: 335
Merit: 255
Counterparty Developer
great job. +1 shakezula.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Im a little confused here (no complaints though, really thank you for the guide!). It appears that the guide basically shows you how to re-brand litecoin or any other scrypt based coin, not create changes to the coin on top of that (amount of coins, difficulty, etc.). Is this right or am i missing somthing? Thanks again for the guide!

Coins per block, ports, block retarget time, and max coins ever are in there too, check the "Cut and Paste" section.

Otherwise, yes, I've just made it easier (with the changes to the foocoin makefiles and qt.pro file) to compile, and laid it all out in black and white.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
x1 7970 | Aprox. 587 kh/s
Im a little confused here (no complaints though, really thank you for the guide!). It appears that the guide basically shows you how to re-brand litecoin or any other scrypt based coin, not create changes to the coin on top of that (amount of coins, difficulty, etc.). Is this right or am i missing somthing? Thanks again for the guide!
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
WTF???
Compiling binaries with step by step instructions will remain a hurdle for some.

However, this ought to quadruple the amount of alt coins, not like we weren't getting them already.
Activity: 310
Thank yu for the wonderful guide, but i need to do something very specific, i'd like to change the algo in use. I'd like to know how to put a totally different algo. your assistance would be greatly appreciated. This coin will be for testing only to see if the algo works as planned maybe i'l release it to the public.

This recipe should be attached to last Jamie Olivier cookbook, is really wonderful - This should faster announcement of AbbaCoin which I was planning to launch this autumn, counting 2-3 months for research, test etc. And now , suddenly all on one plate... Shakezula- you making people lazy...

BTW I would like to ask same question as barwizi did.
How to change algo?
Why to not let people consolidate their digital wealth on coins with SHA256? Wink
Just for any case.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
You're absolutely wonderful, Shakezula! Thank you!  Grin  Grin  Grin
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Thank yu for the wonderful guide, but i need to do something very specific, i'd like to change the algo in use. I'd like to know how to put a totally different algo. your assistance would be greatly appreciated. This coin will be for testing only to see if the algo works as planned maybe i'l release it to the public.
Activity: 456
shakezula, this is great stuff. Congrats.
Activity: 859
Merit: 1004
BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo
Superb guide, Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
FFS, now people are mining and selling your coin...

I've noticed that you just get angry everytime you miss out on something. Stop being a rude prick, just let them do what they want to do

Or he will mine the shit out of it then sell them...while talking shit about it. I took the guy off ignore because I need a laugh sometimes... he must be a bitter person cuz I have never seen anyone whine as much as he does.

Your name is BrewCrewFan, I think we might be very near each other. Our bases are in Waukesha and Franklin
Activity: 672
Merit: 501

I've noticed that you just get angry everytime you miss out on something. Stop being a rude prick, just let them do what they want to do

Or he will mine the shit out of it then sell them...while talking shit about it. I took the guy off ignore because I need a laugh sometimes... he must be a bitter person cuz I have never seen anyone whine as much as he does.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
thanks man, you have done a awesome job.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
fml
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Captain Jack Fenderson
And now for a proper Barcoin graphic: V1, V2

*rolls around on the floor*

Edit: Oh yeah, and you should add a Doubloon donation address to your signature man. Also a Barcoin one now.
Activity: 308
Since Shakezula constantly sits in freicoin and was paid by devoin developer to post this howto perhaps he can, giving his familiarity with this two coins, help newbies to clone them non stop which is what he might seek to accomplish? Smiley

First off, I haven't been in the FRC room in about 3 weeks, I no longer support those guys and that's OK.

As for getting paid, I'm only earning the normal Devtome 1 share per 1K words and there was NO prior arrangement for me to create this guide.

I did this for EVERYONE to make their own coins, something YOU really wanted to do a few weeks back. Here's your chance for EstoniaCoin Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: