Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 'foo' and 'bar' coins--a "how-to" guide for cut+paste cryptocurrency - page 4. (Read 26811 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Since Shakezula constantly sits in freicoin and was paid by devoin developer to post this howto perhaps he can, giving his familiarity with this two coins, help newbies to clone them non stop which is what he might seek to accomplish? Smiley
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I found out through netlimiter, 55884 for outbound traffic.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Its in the tutorial, IIRC its 55883 for RPC.
And how do we figure out what port a given coin uses? Where in the code can we find that?
As I was thinking about it, the only way to do it is to be one of the initial two nodes (as per the tutorial) or you'd have to have a downloadable version of the blockchain you could add to your wallet after compilation. Turning on my VPS with which was one of the original nodes in the step by step allows the block chain to get out and about.

Once there's active mining, the original node can be turned off--the "seednode" can then be any node with a full copy of the chain. To change it to be the place the client looks initially would require it being changed in the code and then recompiled. The barcoin source has no hard-coded seed node, just the initial VPS node that is added manually via addnode= or -connect=.

Yeah even though it 's working again, I'm still pretty interested in how one can become the seed node..
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
The node is down already so I'm just interested, could you tell how one can become a seednode?

Sorry, had to reboot--ran out of memory from a night of compiling. Go ahead, I will leave it up for a couple hours to let a few others get copies of the blockchain so if you REALLY want to mine/trade/whatever it, go ahead.

By the way, the 30 or so I already mined as a test are for sale, 1LTC each. Since there will ONLY BE 10K COINS, you better get in on it early!

He asked HOW, not CAN. Tongue Speaking of which I'm interested in the process behind it
Can you point us to the defs for each of the options that are changed?

The tutorial outlines every step needed with LINE numbers and src/page notation. If you want a master .diff, use this one:

https://github.com/bfroemel/smallchange/commit/947a0fafd8d033f6f0960c4ff0748f76a3d58326

It was a good starting point for me.
The node is down already so I'm just interested, could you tell how one can become a seednode?

Sorry, had to reboot--ran out of memory from a night of compiling. Go ahead, I will leave it up for a couple hours to let a few others get copies of the blockchain so if you REALLY want to mine/trade/whatever it, go ahead.

By the way, the 30 or so I already mined as a test are for sale, 1LTC each. Since there will ONLY BE 10K COINS, you better get in on it early!
Activity: 392
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
Can you point us to the defs for each of the options that are changed?
I have compiled it on my linux box and am getting no connections indeed. So how can I become the seed node?

Edit// aight it's working now, but how could i have become the seednode if you hadn't done so?
Barcoin is fully functional. Foocoin is empty. Barcoin is silly, but if you want to mine it, here's a windows wallet:

https://mega.co.nz/#!E4IQ0YQZ!fQ3aCRwtgtqSX27ChhK0pn3K575ZzSdRu4Zd5Okc6Ro

Know there are currently NO seed nodes for it though, so you'll have to compile it somewhere to bootstrap it. I can run the initial node for a bit if there's interest.

Edit ok there is, geesh you guys are desperate to mine. Seednode/addnode = 69.85.86.195
So you mined no genesis block for barcoin, right? Could we still do this now, or do you need access to the git to reup the source once you have mined the genesis block?
Why would he? The code is there for reference, not usage.
So you mined no genesis block for barcoin, right? Could we still do this now, or do you need access to the git to reup the source once you have mined the genesis block?
Activity: 392
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
Thank you for this, we appreciate it
Made it in time

For what? Another coin made for no particular reason? Tongue
Activity: 224
Made it in time

No you didn't. Meme coin was dead in the water even before this post.
Oh, well this is nice. Thanks!

Hopefully this will put an end to people adopting random coins...Regardless of your opinion of them, this has been getting insane
Activity: 224
Good work Smiley

Now we just wait for you to compile qt and we can start mining barcoin against ops wishes Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: