Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FoxCoin - A Fully Dynamic Cyptocurrency [DYING] - page 13. (Read 111072 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
-edited-
hope everything is okay.

also.. thanks, AnonyFox for your reply! I still hope fox will take off and maybe find a place on the moon, too..
Activity: 101
Merit: 11
I want to compile FoxCoin from souces on Windows, but Im having really hard time with it.

This help me in Linux meaby it will work for you also

3. Fix memecoin-qt.pro

There is a little error in the memecoin-qt.pro file which forces make to use a very specific version of boost. Open ~/src/Memecoin/memecoin-qt.pro and change the line that says

LIBS += -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
into
LIBS += -lboost_system -lboost_filesystem -lboost_program_options -lboost_thread

BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX=-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
should become
BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX=

and deleting the following lines

isEmpty(BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX) {
macx:BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX = -mt
windows:BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX = -mgw44-mt-s-1_53
}

np
Activity: 27
@cryptoma

Thanks for the support, I'll update the OP with this information. Feel free to keep w/e you want to yourself.
Here is an opening: wvvcgnMfwVHA8fk6YrfyVUxD7UmQdWCWtR

Transfered 1k

Will keep updated when do it again.

Reminder to everyone: miners who want to help support the foxcoin development and promotion can mine @ http://fox.cryptoma.com with zero fees and all donations will be moved to foxcoin foundation. Thank you.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
The difficulty has been so low for a long time Smiley

I have been mining for weeks. The only negative thing about it is that I didn't mine other things like mintcoin and LEAF that would get a lot of value.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I want to compile FoxCoin from souces on Windows, but Im having really hard time with it.

Can you tell me what versions of mingw/opnessl/berkeleydb/boost/qt are you using, and if those are not the newest versions where did you get them from? (f.e. downgrading MinGW to 4.6.2 through mingw-get, that I tried, creates issues too :/)

EDIT: This is the error I am currently getting:
Code:
In file included from bignum.h:13:0,
                 from main.h:9,
                 from checkpoints.cpp:11:
util.h:555:16: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef void* pthread_t'
 typedef HANDLE pthread_t;
                ^
In file included from c:\mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include\c++\i686-w64-mingw32\bits\gthr-default.h:35:0,
                 from c:\mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include\c++\i686-w64-mingw32\bits\gthr.h:148,
                 from c:\mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include\c++\ext\atomicity.h:35,
                 from c:\mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include\c++\bits\ios_base.h:39,
                 from c:\mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include\c++\ios:42,
                 from c:\mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include\c++\ostream:38,
                 from c:\mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include\c++\iostream:39,
                 from C:\deps\boost/boost/assert.hpp:82,
                 from C:\deps\boost/boost/range/iterator_range_core.hpp:21,
                 from C:\deps\boost/boost/range/iterator_range.hpp:13,
                 from C:\deps\boost/boost/assign/list_of.hpp:20,
                 from checkpoints.cpp:6:
c:\mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include\pthread.h:196:19: error: 'pthread_t' has a previous declaration as 'typedef uintptr_t pthread_t'
 typedef uintptr_t pthread_t;
                   ^
util.h: In function 'pthread_t CreateThread(void (*)(void*), void*, bool)':
util.h:578:12: error: invalid conversion from 'HANDLE {aka void*}' to 'pthread_t {aka unsigned int}' [-fpermissive]
     return hthread;
            ^
makefile.mingw:72: recipe for target 'obj/checkpoints.o' failed
mingw32-make: *** [obj/checkpoints.o] Error 1

C:\FoxCoin-src3\src>
MingW Ver 4.6.2
QT Ver 4.8.5
Boost Ver 1.54
MiniUPNP Ver 1.8
OpenSSL Ver 1.0.1e
BerkleyDB Ver 4.8.30
Great dev. I hope this crypto stays strong forever.
Thanks! Please show your support by taking on the promotion bounty and following some of the reddit links on the OP. It really helps us out and gives the coin a great chance of a strong, long future.

Hey guys,

Just to let you know http://fox.united-miners.com still going strong Smiley

We've got a good userbase still, so if you want a reliable pool then choose us!

Cheers,
Oh please. Let's not fork the chain over a few FOX.

Why do people want Craptsy? It's one of the worst exchanges out there.
Unfortunately "Craptsy", as "crappy" as you might think it is has a huge userbase and a strong following.

I think its odd that this is the only coin that has this mining structure. Reason is once mining is over you have to hope miners stay to mine fees but nothing guarantees this will happen. By doing what Fox does it ensure you will have miners for the next 200+ years minting new coins not relying HOPE that miners will stay to secure the network.
This is what I was also thinking about. Very unlikely that miners will stay and support the coin if it pays only transaction fees. Fox guarantees that miner will get paid for what they're doing.
Wasn't sure that FOX is the only coin with such a structure though. Really?
The FOX doesn't just want to go to the core and back, it plans to set up a nice den there and propagate throughout the resource-rich core Tongue

In other news, FINALLY found an OSX compiler, sorry for the wait!
Activity: 42
FOXCOIN MINING POOL ONLINE!!!
http://foxcoin.morehash.com/

HIGH PERFORMANCE HARDWARE

Features:
0% FEES FOR LIFE
STRATUM, VARDIFF, PPNLS
DDOS-PROTECTED
Fast server with 4x hexacore CPUs
Ramdisk and Memcache
Payouts are run every minute!

Support: (Passwords, PINs, signup problems, etc)
Contact razorfish on irc.freenode.net in #foxcoin

I cannot reply to PMs here. I'm getting a lot and the site severely limits the amount of replies per minute.

http://foxcoin.morehash.com/
Activity: 25
Great dev. I hope this crypto stays strong forever.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
Hey guys,

Cheers,
You guys are nearing 50% of the network hash rate and you still want more? You're finding the majority of the blocks already. Close up registration and force people off.

Luckyminers hasn't found a block in 14 hours. No reply after sending two e-mails to the pool via Contact Us page. Good thing I left.

Everyone should submit a support ticket asking Cryptsy to consider adding Foxcoin.
Why do people want Craptsy? It's one of the worst exchanges out there.
Activity: 657
Merit: 270
Hey guys,

Cheers,
Activity: 7

Can you tell me what versions of mingw/opnessl/berkeleydb/boost/qt are you using, and if those are not the newest versions where did you get them from? (f.e. downgrading MinGW to 4.6.2 through mingw-get, that I tried, creates issues too :/)

EDIT: This is the error I am currently getting:
Code:
util.h:555:16: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef void* pthread_t'
 typedef HANDLE pthread_t;
                ^
In file included from c:\mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include\c++\i686-w64-mingw32\bits\gthr-default.h:35:0,
                 from c:\mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include\c++\i686-w64-mingw32\bits\gthr.h:148,
                 from c:\mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include\c++\ext\atomicity.h:35,
                 from c:\mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include\c++\bits\ios_base.h:39,
                 from c:\mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include\c++\ios:42,
                 from c:\mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include\c++\ostream:38,
                 from c:\mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include\c++\iostream:39,
                 from C:\deps\boost/boost/assert.hpp:82,
                 from C:\deps\boost/boost/range/iterator_range_core.hpp:21,
                 from C:\deps\boost/boost/range/iterator_range.hpp:13,
                 from C:\deps\boost/boost/assign/list_of.hpp:20,
                 from checkpoints.cpp:6:
c:\mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include\pthread.h:196:19: error: 'pthread_t' has a previous declaration as 'typedef uintptr_t pthread_t'
 typedef uintptr_t pthread_t;
                   ^
util.h: In function 'pthread_t CreateThread(void (*)(void*), void*, bool)':
util.h:578:12: error: invalid conversion from 'HANDLE {aka void*}' to 'pthread_t {aka unsigned int}' [-fpermissive]
     return hthread;
            ^
makefile.mingw:72: recipe for target 'obj/checkpoints.o' failed
mingw32-make: *** [obj/checkpoints.o] Error 1

C:\FoxCoin-src3\src>
Activity: 306
Merit: 251
Everyone should submit a support ticket asking Cryptsy to consider adding Foxcoin.
Please don't. Vote on existing tickets that have already stacked up a following. Creating more tickets would be considered spam and give the currency a bad name.

Please support FoxCoin by promoting it and voting up existing tickets on exchanges (And as a bonus, receive bounties in return)

The 100-2,500 ||F bounty for promoting FoxCoin remains

That would be great, except whoever made the original request linked this coin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-coino-kgw-activated-wallet-update-coino-o-the-fastest-coin-419873 they havent even linked the right coin. They wont take FoxCoin seriously if it cant even be requested correctly
Please don't. Vote on existing tickets that have already stacked up a following. Creating more tickets would be considered spam and give the currency a bad name.

Please support FoxCoin by promoting it and voting up existing tickets on exchanges (And as a bonus, receive bounties in return)

The 100-2,500 ||F bounty for promoting FoxCoin remains
Activity: 306
Merit: 251
Activity: 233
I think its odd that this is the only coin that has this mining structure. Reason is once mining is over you have to hope miners stay to mine fees but nothing guarantees this will happen. By doing what Fox does it ensure you will have miners for the next 200+ years minting new coins not relying HOPE that miners will stay to secure the network.
This is what I was also thinking about. Very unlikely that miners will stay and support the coin if it pays only transaction fees. Fox guarantees that miner will get paid for what they're doing.
Wasn't sure that FOX is the only coin with such a structure though. Really?
Activity: 233
Updated OP (Major Cleanup + More Nodes + Links)
Well done! Really  Smiley
Activity: 179
Updated OP (Major Cleanup + More Nodes + Links)

Also, join the FoxCoin desktop background contest here and win tons of FOX.
Activity: 378
PSA: Do not mine on luckyminers. Took me 5 days to get 6500 FOX, when I should be making that in around 5000 FOX/day.
no activity anymore.

is this coin dead already?
Far from it vulp.
Activity: 35
no activity anymore.

is this coin dead already?
Pages:
Jump to: