Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [FRAC] Fractalcoin | **Added to Cryptsy** | X11 | Slingshield | % fees - page 14. (Read 129721 times)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Just wondering is there anything else us non-devs can do to help with Fractal?
If you like Star Trek  please check out QTL   Quatloo coin.  it is mineable on ipominer and is one of the most profitable scrypt coins atm. just thought you guys might like this one. 

Anything innovative about it? Tongue
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
If you like Star Trek  please check out QTL   Quatloo coin.  it is mineable on ipominer and is one of the most profitable scrypt coins atm. just thought you guys might like this one. 
Just a friendly reminder to vote on coinwarz

http://www.coinwarz.com/voting#

We could very easily hit 3rd place in a couple of days!
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
The faucet link in the original post seems broken.

There's a working one here:
http://faucet.fractalcoin.org/

I've made the changes to the website. Will have dogetime update the ANN shortly.

This needs to be updated with Cryptsy & Poloniex support, also this is a really cool thing to have it should be mentioned in the OP!

Agreed! I've added it to the website and will have dogetime add this to the ANN as well.

Cheers!
Skunky
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
quote author=studentwiskunde link=topic=650173.msg7641996#msg7641996 date=1404319153]
Announcement

You can find within two hours(dependent on Google Play) on Google Play store the Fractalcoin Android price ticker app.

The app can be found by searching on the following:
- FRAC price
- FRAC price ticker
- Fractalcoin price
- Fractalcoin price ticker
- Price ticker

Or by going to the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.wiskunde.frac&hl=nl

My Fractalcoin donation address: Ft3dmcZvWYBac37FXyCYKNbk9gRUwNCSL3

Sincerely,

Wiskunde

Twitter: https://twitter.com/@WISKUNDESTUDENT
[/quote]

Took me a minute to find this!

This needs to be updated with Cryptsy & Poloniex support, also this is a really cool thing to have it should be mentioned in the OP!
I didn't even realize we had a reddit!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fractalcoin/

You should hang out in the IRC channel. We often post requests for an upvote brigade to help promote our FractalCoin posts in /r/CryptoCurrency.

Make sure to upvote all of Fractide's posts in that subreddit!

Cheers!
Skunky

I haven't used IRC in a long time but I'll definitely jump on tomorrow and have a chat!

And will upvote too Smiley
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I didn't even realize we had a reddit!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fractalcoin/

You should hang out in the IRC channel. We often post requests for an upvote brigade to help promote our FractalCoin posts in /r/CryptoCurrency.

Make sure to upvote all of Fractide's posts in that subreddit!

Cheers!
Skunky
Activity: 528
Merit: 500
We are the ones we've been waiting for
We are on the right way guys. Keep up the good efforts!
I highly recommend reading this paper:
"On The Longest Chain Rule and Programmed Self-Destruction of Crypto Currencies"
http://arxiv.org/abs/1405.0534
It looks like a big miner joined in and then left, taking difficulty from 50 to 300 in a matter of  around 13 blocks. So, we're currently at block 43587 and have been there for around 40 minutes. The network still appears fine, and I do not doubt that this is only because of a huge hashrate climb and then drop off. Digishield/Slingshield will handle this and we'll be back to normal in probably around 3 or so blocks after this first one gets minted.

PROTIP: When we encounter a slow block like this, transactions start piling up, meaning transaction fees for miners start piling up for this block. The next block looks like it'll be around 10-20 FRAC worth of fees if I'm reading the `getblocktemplate` result correct.

Thanks for the analysis Smiley, it's great to see slingshield in action!

Activity: 439
mmmmmm
It looks like a big miner joined in and then left, taking difficulty from 50 to 300 in a matter of  around 13 blocks. So, we're currently at block 43587 and have been there for around 40 minutes. The network still appears fine, and I do not doubt that this is only because of a huge hashrate climb and then drop off. Digishield/Slingshield will handle this and we'll be back to normal in probably around 3 or so blocks after this first one gets minted.

PROTIP: When we encounter a slow block like this, transactions start piling up, meaning transaction fees for miners start piling up for this block. The next block looks like it'll be around 10-20 FRAC worth of fees if I'm reading the `getblocktemplate` result correct.
The faucet link in the original post seems broken.

There's a working one here:
http://faucet.fractalcoin.org/
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
I think it's time word start to get out about Fractalcoin.  If any of you would like to take part in step one: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fractalcoin-the-most-important-cryptocurrency-innovation-of-2014-701881
What good times for FractalCoin.. listed on Bittrex, Poloniex, and now Cryptsy! Cryptsy was the first exchange I ever used and even though they're not the #1 exchange anymore they still hold weight with me. I was reading about SysCoin earlier and they mentioned in the ANN that they were looking at SlingShield tech for when their coin goes to pure transaction fee based rewards. Kudos to the devs for contributing something truly meaningful to the world of cryptocurrency, it must be an amazing feeling!
I've been thoroughly enjoying that people are still willing to sell at this level.  I've been quietly acquiring FRAC and completely blown away that I can get it this cheap.  As I always say, you invest in the dev first and foremost.  And slingshield and the other innovations this coin has showcase that the devs here are top notch.  I invested early in DRK because of Evan.  I'm investing early in FRAC because of Earlz.  I have a short term price target of $x,xxx,xxx and medium term of $xx,xxx,xxx for FRAC.  People simply don't comprehend just what these devs have done as of yet.  Once they realize the importance of these innovations, FRAC is going to explode.

I came to the exact same conclusion, and have been doing the exact same thing!

I haven't bought this eagarly since last November Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116
What good times for FractalCoin.. listed on Bittrex, Poloniex, and now Cryptsy! Cryptsy was the first exchange I ever used and even though they're not the #1 exchange anymore they still hold weight with me. I was reading about SysCoin earlier and they mentioned in the ANN that they were looking at SlingShield tech for when their coin goes to pure transaction fee based rewards. Kudos to the devs for contributing something truly meaningful to the world of cryptocurrency, it must be an amazing feeling!
I've been thoroughly enjoying that people are still willing to sell at this level.  I've been quietly acquiring FRAC and completely blown away that I can get it this cheap.  As I always say, you invest in the dev first and foremost.  And slingshield and the other innovations this coin has showcase that the devs here are top notch.  I invested early in DRK because of Evan.  I'm investing early in FRAC because of Earlz.  I have a short term price target of $x,xxx,xxx and medium term of $xx,xxx,xxx for FRAC.  People simply don't comprehend just what these devs have done as of yet.  Once they realize the importance of these innovations, FRAC is going to explode.

+1
I've been thoroughly enjoying that people are still willing to sell at this level.  I've been quietly acquiring FRAC and completely blown away that I can get it this cheap.  As I always say, you invest in the dev first and foremost.  And slingshield and the other innovations this coin has showcase that the devs here are top notch.  I invested early in DRK because of Evan.  I'm investing early in FRAC because of Earlz.  I have a short term price target of $x,xxx,xxx and medium term of $xx,xxx,xxx for FRAC.  People simply don't comprehend just what these devs have done as of yet.  Once they realize the importance of these innovations, FRAC is going to explode.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
1. No, they are using the latest software. The coins are coming out of their own personal costs. I talked with Richie and he told me he's enabled them now. 

Transaction fees are forced by miners and the network, but not at the block protocol level. So, if you were to modify the code so that you it charged less transaction fees, what would happen is that the transaction would never confirm. Miners and nodes would ignore the transaction. However, if you could find a miner to mine your low fee transaction, then the block they create would be considered valid. However, there is a disincentive to do even this because of how Slingshield adjusts difficulty based on transaction volume for the current block.

2. Ideally, in the long term, the 2 FRAC cap is temporary, but there are no short to mid term plans to disable them until no services need it.

3. Yes, this is because as far as the network is concerned, the two addresses have no way of conveying that they belong to the same wallet.
1.  Thanks.
2.  Thanks.
3.  Are exchanges ok with this?  Are they getting killed when they move FRAC to and from cold wallets?
Activity: 439
mmmmmm
Sorry the total amount that's available in the wallet Smiley

No, I get "The total exceeds your balance when the XXX FRAC transaction fee is included". Could you send me a repro video or some such?

Thank you for the fast response, Earlz, I appreciate it.  A few more questions:

1.  As this is due to an entity not updating their software, what is to stop a malicious entity in the future from purposefully using old software to create inflation?  Will there be a hard fork at some point to stop the FRAC from being created out of thin air as it is now?

2.  Is the 2 FRAC cap temporary?

3.  If I send coin to myself but to a different address in my own wallet, do I get charged a transaction fee?

Thank you!

1. No, they are using the latest software. The coins are coming out of their own personal costs. I talked with Richie and he told me he's enabled them now. 

Transaction fees are forced by miners and the network, but not at the block protocol level. So, if you were to modify the code so that you it charged less transaction fees, what would happen is that the transaction would never confirm. Miners and nodes would ignore the transaction. However, if you could find a miner to mine your low fee transaction, then the block they create would be considered valid. However, there is a disincentive to do even this because of how Slingshield adjusts difficulty based on transaction volume for the current block.

2. Ideally, in the long term, the 2 FRAC cap is temporary, but there are no short to mid term plans to disable them until no services need it.

3. Yes, this is because as far as the network is concerned, the two addresses have no way of conveying that they belong to the same wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: