Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Futourist - travel review platform where you get paid for your content - page 15. (Read 15990 times)

Activity: 301
Merit: 10
Activity: 392
simply getting the job done
I think your vision to create an economy where creators are financially rewarded for their content with Futourist Tokens is a very brilliant idea. Hopefully your project planning does not run into many problems and runs smoothly. Good luck dev
Activity: 420
Merit: 31
Hi great project Smiley

i have just set my signature !!
How you can verify our activity ? and how you can know my bitcointalk acount why my acount on Futourist forum ?
Activity: 172
Who is this

Futourist CEO in right?

and left?

On left side is Mr Dr. David Randall, Ph.D. from solve.care. Our team met him in Amsterdam conference (October 2017).
Activity: 644
Merit: 390
Who is this

Futourist CEO in right?

and left?

Activity: 172
So your main marketing is mouth to mouth ? and personal promotion (i tell to my friend and i share on facebook and so on) ?  Fitting for such a project  Grin You are going to be a pain in the butt to Tripadvisor Smiley yaaay

We believe mouth to mouth will be part of why our project is going viral. Second part will be initiated by our team with help of influencers and of course classic marketing strategies.
Activity: 115
Merit: 3
So your main marketing is mouth to mouth ? and personal promotion (i tell to my friend and i share on facebook and so on) ?  Fitting for such a project  Grin You are going to be a pain in the butt to Tripadvisor Smiley yaaay
Activity: 257
Futourist’s additional features

GUIDES

Some people like to explore the places they visit with no agenda. They just immerse themselves into the experience. Others want to have every step of the way planned out. Guides are perfect for both ends of this spectrum and all the ones in between. They can give you a starting point to drift off from or they can give your trip a solid structure.

We want to encourage users to create all sorts of guides on the Futourist platform. We promise, we won’t hinder your creativity. You can write them, turn them into a video, or maybe make them in 3D or serve them via augmented reality. It’s up to you.

1:1 CHAT and TIP4TIP

Before inputting all the coordinates in your travel itinerary you’ll probably want some additional info on the place(s) you’re about to visit. Advice and tips from people who have already been there can literally be life-saving.

The Futourist platform will give you high-quality reviews to start you on your way. Not only that, you’ll be able to chat directly with other members of the community about your destination through the 1:1 Chat and TIP4TIP. This will be one of the many parts of the internal economy. If you’re a community member with high reputation and lots of travel knowledge others can give you their Futourist tokens (FTR) for 1:1 conversations and some sage advice.

TRAVEL LOTTO GIVEAWAYS
Often when we travel we need different things for our journey — like for example a quality camera to take great photos to remind us of the places we have traveled to. When Futourist influencers (reviewers with a great deal of community respect) will want to reward back their community or increase their rep they will throw a giveaway of all the cool stuff they get from different companies related to traveling and tourism. Users interested for the giveaways will be able to use their FTRs to join the lottery and get the chance to win one of the prizes. Those will have an actual usage for the users next trip.

And don’t think we forgot about the business side of things.
SERVICE REWARD IMPLEMENTATION

This one will be one of our top priorities. Matching the right services with the right customers is the holy grail. For both sides. The platform will come equipped with a dashboard where businesses can offer time-limited offers for services or products exclusive to Futourist.

BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE

As more and more people start onboarding the Futourist platform the amount of customer data will begin to increase. This kind of information should prove very beneficial to travel providers, restaurants, leisure equipment producers, hoteliers and many others.

In-depth analytics will be available to businesses for every quarter in exchange for FTR tokens. We’ll provide them with:

• Measurable results of running contests and platform positioning,

• quarterly reviews, reach and audience reports,

• improvement suggestions,

• offer suggestions,

• time period comparison.

Futourist will have a lot to offer: https://medium.com/futourist/futourists-additional-features-8c08ea40e11e
Activity: 87
Merit: 0
Legendary new video by Futourist

share  and earn FTR tokens

https://www.facebook.com/futourist.io/videos/1567516756688633/

Great way to earn free FTR tokens by spreading the word. I know I am doing it this is friendly project
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1005
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
great to see more projects who decentralise the market. I like the name by the way.
Activity: 93
Merit: 2
Futourist will fly TodaMars    not just to the moon  Cool

Watch and you will see
Activity: 375
Merit: 183
TRAVEL LOTTO GIVEAWAYS
Often when we travel we need different things for our journey — like for example a quality camera to take great photos to remind us of the places we have traveled to. When Futourist influencers (reviewers with a great deal of community respect) will want to reward back their community or increase their rep they will throw a giveaway of all the cool stuff they get from different companies related to traveling and tourism. Users interested for the giveaways will be able to use their FTRs to join the lottery and get the chance to win one of the prizes. Those will have an actual usage for the users next trip.

And don’t think we forgot about the business side of things.
SERVICE REWARD IMPLEMENTATION

This one will be one of our top priorities. Matching the right services with the right customers is the holy grail. For both sides. The platform will come equipped with a dashboard where businesses can offer time-limited offers for services or products exclusive to Futourist.

BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE

As more and more people start onboarding the Futourist platform the amount of customer data will begin to increase. This kind of information should prove very beneficial to travel providers, restaurants, leisure equipment producers, hoteliers and many others.

In-depth analytics will be available to businesses for every quarter in exchange for FTR tokens. We’ll provide them with:

• Measurable results of running contests and platform positioning,

• quarterly reviews, reach and audience reports,

• improvement suggestions,

• offer suggestions,

• time period comparison.

This information will improve their service and help them better understand their customers.

Easy as 1,2,3
There’s actually a few more features and we want to keep them for later in order not to overwhelm you with all of them. But for the end we want to highlight one of the most exciting ones.

Futourist Payment Card.
It’s our ultimate goal. This will bring the full benefits of blockchain to everyday users. Simple to use, it will allow you to pay with tokens anywhere, where the card is accepted. No hassle, no long addresses, no exchanges. And to make this happen we have already partnered up with an innovative payment card company. Futourist will get closer to the masses and will introduce them to the potential of the blockchain in an easier way with this card.

read more and clap article on medium

https://medium.com/futourist/futourists-additional-features-8c08ea40e11e

awesome articles from Futourist

and CEO was with Vitalik few months ago...  many good advisors.

Trusted and ALL IN project!
Activity: 147
Merit: 15
Leet project! Soon we will see Futourist in many tourists places all over the world
Activity: 163
Merit: 1
Futourist CEO with Vitalik!  I find that on Instagram of Futourist

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
that the project is connected already with the existing business - this is really cool and worthy of investor confidence.
The idea is excellent, I think it will be beneficial to everyone, and the owners of restaurants, hotels, etc., and also to travelers.
good luck devs
Activity: 163
Merit: 1
Great review by one traveler about Futourist

Fancy a Dinner at The Shed? — Or, Why We Absolutely Need Review Platforms With Built-In Trust
Ok, this story has been floating around the web for several weeks now, and I still feel that not a lot of people have seen it. If you’ve read my last post (find it right here), you know I have a bone to pick with TripAdvisor and other travel review sites. And, this here just amplifies all my concerns ten-fold.

Early last year, Oobah Butler, a freelance journalist obsessed with the fake news reality we all seem to inhabit these days, decided to serve absolute crock to the gullible people of London — a fake restaurant that no one has ever visited — and see if they would eat that bullshit up. He had some experience writing fake TripAdvisor reviews before (and watched how those restaurants reaped the benefits), but now he wanted to push the envelope further.

If you want to check out his whole story, I suggest you take 20 minutes to watch his video. It’s both hilarious and disturbing, and nicely underscores why your reliance on TripAdvisor (and most other review platforms) is completely misguided.

If you don’t have 20 minutes to spare, here’s the crux of it.

Oobah created a listing on TripAdvisor, calling his backyard shed The Shed At Dulwich. He got a burner phone (for verification) and the listing was approved in May, 2017. He then proceeded to add fake reviews to it by enlisting his friends and family. He knew he was dealing with a fad-oriented crowd, so he wanted to create a buzz by giving emotion-themed names to his meals: love, lust, comfort, you get the drift.

Here’s one of those famous meals:

In early November, after only five months, The Shed At Dulwich secured the coveted first place on TripAdvisor — WITHOUT ANYONE EVER SETTING FOOT IN THE PLACE!

I can’t stress this enough — Oobah never served a single customer in his make-belief restaurant. The description said it was ‘appointment-only’ and he was pretty good at blowing people off when they called to make a reservation, saying that the Shed was booked solidly for months. Oh, and guess what? People called from abroad to make a reservation!

In December of 2017, Oobah decided to cash in on his story (as any good journalist would), and the jig was up. Before that, he hosted an impromptu dinner at the Shed and finally took some real reservations, serving frozen instant dinners to the unsuspecting crowd. At least one customer attempted to make another reservation.

Man, hipsters make it really difficult to like them.

You see now why you need to know about this? If a bogus restaurant can manipulate TripAdvisor into thinking it’s a real place, how easy is it to skew rankings for restaurants that actually do exist?

The answer: very fucking easy.

How Did TripAdvisor Answer To This Colossal Screw Up?
If you think that TripAdvisor vowed to change the way it vets the reviews coming in, you’d be sorely mistaken. Their spokesperson said that the listing was already being investigated before the story broke (fat chance, really) and that, in anyway, this wasn’t a real-world case: who manipulates rankings for a non-existent restaurant when there’s nothing to be gained there?

That’s true, Oobah had nothing to gain. However, he did manage to expose the current travel review industry as mostly a sham. While a good number of reviews are real, an astounding number are not. In the world where we trust large information providers with our decisions, this is not acceptable.

Can Online Reviews Earn Our Trust Again?

They can, if we flip the system on its head. Right now, the Futourist team is working on a platform that will incentivize travel-related reviews, as well as people who vet those reviews.

It’s an ecosystem in which reviewers get paid not under the table, but in plain sight. The community then votes on the reviews of places they’ve visited, dined at, or shopped in, earning fractions of the FTR coin.

How is this better than the current system?

It’s not perfect and the Futourist system can still be gamed, but not as much as what we have now. Here’s why:

Futourists heavily weighs video reviews, which are difficult to fake.
Everyone is incentivized for reviews, so the allure of getting paid by a business goes out of the window — review what you know and get paid anyway.
The community votes on reviews — obvious fakes will have a hard time standing out.

To learn more about the Futourist check www.futourist.io
Pages:
Jump to: