Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Going to Bitcoin Conference 2013 San Jose, CA (Rollcall & Hotel Choice) - page 3. (Read 5698 times)

edd
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002
Not sure what I expect to get out of it. But I figure, hey, I'm smart, have a tech background, and a multi-decade hate affair with the FED. Perhaps I'll find something to do.

Maybe you can chat about the weather?

Seriously though, I'm sure there will be some very interesting conversations taking place over that weekend. I'll be at the Hampton Inn and Suites about 2.5 miles away from the convention center. As of right now, it looks like it will be eMansipater, my brother, and I sharing a room.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
I'm going. I'll be at the Hilton.

Not sure what I expect to get out of it. But I figure, hey, I'm smart, have a tech background, and a multi-decade hate affair with the FED. Perhaps I'll find something to do.
Activity: 457
Merit: 291
I am looking forward to the convention.  I have a 3-4 night reservation on the couch at the in-laws about 3 miles away.
Activity: 294
Merit: 273
I would definitely be interested.

I was only able to get the deal on one room after all. You're welcome to crash on the floor; I'll be there Fri, Sat, and Sun night.

Works for me!
edd
donator

I was only able to get the deal on one room after all. You're welcome to crash on the floor; I'll be there Fri, Sat, and Sun night.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
I'm trying to decide between this one and the one in Vienna. Any thoughts on which one will be a better choice?

I was in Vienna two weeks ago, it was my first time there and I'll be back. The city is beautiful, the girls are goregous, and the drinks are a plenty.
I see you already dicided to go to Cali but you're missing out on a wonderful city.
I'll be at the Vienna conference and hopefully I'll see some of you there.
I have had the good fortune to spend some time in Wien. Your certainly right, It is a beautiful place and I may end up going to that conference as well.
See you in Cali.!
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I'm trying to decide between this one and the one in Vienna. Any thoughts on which one will be a better choice?

I was in Vienna two weeks ago, it was my first time there and I'll be back. The city is beautiful, the girls are goregous, and the drinks are a plenty.
I see you already dicided to go to Cali but you're missing out on a wonderful city.
I'll be at the Vienna conference and hopefully I'll see some of you there.
donator
Activity: 743
Merit: 510
I'm traveling from Argentina and am looking for partners to share lodging and eventually car. 17th to 19th may.
edd
donator
I'll be going. Accommodations yet to be determined but I'm working on a good deal that I may be able to share with a bitcoiner or two for a few bitcents.
Trip confirmed!  Who all else is coming?  Should be more replies than this.
donator
Activity: 743
Merit: 510
I´m traveling from Argentina.
No hotel booked yet!
Any local member willing to host Bitcoiners?
legendary

Being that many of the companies are in the United States and you get a Yifu appearance of Avalon.  I would say this one will be fun.
Ok, done. I will be there Sat. and Sun. Staying at the Hilton.

Sweet.  Message me when you touch done.  We should meet up for a drink in the bar.
That sir sounds like a plan. I think I arrive in San Jose about 1:30pm. on Sat. As we get closer to the date and I get my act together I will PM you with details. This should will be fun!
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

Being that many of the companies are in the United States and you get a Yifu appearance of Avalon.  I would say this one will be fun.

Sweet.  Message me when you touch done.  We should meet up for a drink in the bar.
legendary

legendary
I'm hoping to come, depending on when my wife's surgery gets scheduled.  I'd also prefer to steer clear of the main hotels, but don't know San Jose very well.  Anyone know of a place that would take bitcoins?  Grin

Next best thing would be if a Bitcoiner who lives in San Jose would let me pay to stay at their house.  Keep it in the Bitcoin economy and all that Smiley .  I'm a pretty easy house guest.

p.s. Dalkore you should put "San Jose" in the Subject line (I'm afraid they dropped my mod status while I was away).

Done.  Thank you.   Let us know if you can make it.
I'm hoping to come, depending on when my wife's surgery gets scheduled.  I'd also prefer to steer clear of the main hotels, but don't know San Jose very well.  Anyone know of a place that would take bitcoins?  Grin

Next best thing would be if a Bitcoiner who lives in San Jose would let me pay to stay at their house.  Keep it in the Bitcoin economy and all that Smiley .  I'm a pretty easy house guest.

p.s. Dalkore you should put "San Jose" in the Subject line (I'm afraid they dropped my mod status while I was away).
legendary

legendary
legendary
I will be there, and I will be on the alt-coin panel as well very excited! Flying inform Europe. :-)

Edit: not staying at one of the hotels. I am paranoid about all that bitcoin centralized in one place. Especially those hotel networks.

I hope people are not bringing tons of Bitcoins with them.  That seems risky.   Good old cash for me Smiley

Heh.  I intend to treat the whole trip like a visit to Defcon.  Dumb phone, no computer.

Yep.  Same here.   
Pages:
Jump to: