Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Going to Bitcoin Conference 2013 San Jose, CA (Rollcall & Hotel Choice) - page 2. (Read 5683 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Saturday and/or Sunday evening will have to be my socializing time. Anybody doing anything after conference time? I think it will be fun to meet you characters live.  Smiley

I'm arriving Friday and I'm up for any evening hang outs.

I wonder, should we wear name tags with our forum handles?
I was thinking about that also. It would be fun to have name tags that flip over to show your forum name. I wonder if we would be able to guess who is who just from our manner and rantings?
This thread is as good as anyplace for organizing a meeting place. If anyone has a moment and wants to hang out, then post here. Even after the conference gets underway.

**********Example post*****************
I will be at the Hilton lobby bar on Saturday starting about 7pm. Interested in venture capitol and crowdfunding.
edd
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
Saturday and/or Sunday evening will have to be my socializing time. Anybody doing anything after conference time? I think it will be fun to meet you characters live.  Smiley

I'm arriving Friday and I'm up for any evening hang outs.

I wonder, should we wear name tags with our forum handles?
legendary
Saturday and/or Sunday evening will have to be my socializing time. Anybody doing anything after conference time? I think it will be fun to meet you characters live.  Smiley
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I'll be there at the Thursday meetup, and I'll be speaking at the conference on Sunday. The topic is Bitcoin on Blueseed, the startup ship in Silicon Valley's international water. Would be great to get everyone's thoughts on topics to cover during my talk! Here's the thread on that.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
i'll be staying at the Marriott, arriving Thursday noon. There's a meetup in the evening, perhaps a few of us can hang out before that at the lobby of the Marriott or Hilton.
Meni!  I'm finally making it to a Bitcoin conference--even if it is two years later.  We'll have to touch base!
Certainly! I was very happy to see you back in the community, looking forward to meeting you.

Thats a long trip for a two day conference. I was thinking of going to, the expense of the flight could easily be covered by any info gained from attendance
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
i'll be staying at the Marriott, arriving Thursday noon. There's a meetup in the evening, perhaps a few of us can hang out before that at the lobby of the Marriott or Hilton.
Meni!  I'm finally making it to a Bitcoin conference--even if it is two years later.  We'll have to touch base!
Certainly! I was very happy to see you back in the community, looking forward to meeting you.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
I'll be there.. I'm definitely down to meetup with some peeps, hang out, and talk Bitcoin/alt coins.

I'm looking forward to it! I will be staying at Four Points by Sheraton, it seems that the hotels in the immediate are of the conference center is booked, but the Sheraton looks to only be about a block away.

Cheers,

Ch
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Just signed up for GigaOm meetup, I'd be interested in meeting people at the Marriott bar for drinks before and then heading to meetup... As of now, I have absolutely no idea where anything is... haha

Everything appears conveniently close and The Marriott bar sounds great for a pre-meetup meetup.

I'm going to the GigaOM event also.  Meeting at the Marriott bar at 5pm sounds like a most excellent way to start conference activities.  Count me in.
Activity: 57
Just signed up for GigaOm meetup, I'd be interested in meeting people at the Marriott bar for drinks before and then heading to meetup... As of now, I have absolutely no idea where anything is... haha

Everything appears conveniently close and The Marriott bar sounds great for a pre-meetup meetup.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Always riding the Bull...
I'll be on the St. Claire across the street from the Marriott from Thursday noonish. Anybody else planning on going to the GigaOm meetup at the Tech Museum that evening ?

Activity: 294
Merit: 273

Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Always riding the Bull...
I'll be there.. crashing at a friend's who goes to Stanford, but have a reservation at the hilton just in case... is anyone coordinating drinks?
legendary
A drum of vodka! Stephen, we have truly arrived.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
bar raids sounds great.

Would someone coming from where NEFT is sold (e..g, Europe) be willing to pick up and deliver a bottle can drum barrel (1 Liter) of NEFT?  PM me please if interested.  This is solely for me to further my research into ways that Bitcoin is being marketed, of course Wink  :

Activity: 15
Yep, I'm confirmed, bar raids sounds great.  Arriving San Jose sometime Thursday avo. 

Staying in downtown San Francisco from Monday to Wednesday evening - anyone in SF want to meet up?

Anybody else planning on going to the GigaOm meetup at the Tech Museum that evening ?
Yep, just booked it  Smiley
Activity: 457
Merit: 291
I'll be on the St. Claire across the street from the Marriott from Thursday noonish. Anybody else planning on going to the GigaOm meetup at the Tech Museum that evening ?

I'd like to attend, but I'm not sure if I will be getting to town in time.
Activity: 57
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018
I will be driving to the conference from Olympia, WA, leaving on May 15th.  I'll have plenty of room in the car if anyone wants a ride and can chip in a few mBTC for gas.

Here is my craigslist posting: http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/rid/3790916855.html
Activity: 16
Pages:
Jump to: