Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] "GOX" BTC <=> "Real" BTC exchange at bitcoinbuilder.com! - page 2. (Read 10224 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Ah it is a risk but we'll see.  Could pay off.  Bought 7.5 GoxBTC for the price of 1 real BTC (something like 1.3 ratio).  If those come through and then market shoots up, it'll be definitely worth it.

The chance of that happening now is very close to 0%.
Activity: 1313
Merit: 278
Ah it is a risk but we'll see.  Could pay off.  Bought 7.5 GoxBTC for the price of 1 real BTC (something like 1.3 ratio).  If those come through and then market shoots up, it'll be definitely worth it.
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
How long does the verification take at  BTCbuilder??

took me about 10minutes!
BTC showed up on 3 Verifications.
Activity: 407
Merit: 250
How long does the verification take at  BTCbuilder??
Activity: 206
Got transferred realbtc out of bitcoinbuilder.com today, for a trade done saturday. Thanks.

The reason it is possible to still trade on bitcoin builder is because now you can trade with virtual gox coins. All this means is that Gox-coins previously transferred to bitcoinbuilder is listed as numbers in bitcoinbuilders database. So let's say they have 20000 goxcoins in their mtgox account. This is currently inaccessible to bitcoinbuilder, but traders at bitcoinbuilders can still sell and buy whatever gox coins they have stored with bitcoinbuilder. But bitcoinbuilder will not be able to send gox coins to any customer before MtGox reopens their system, which might never happen.

Thanks for explanation, interesting the price has rallied nearly 100% since todays low on such a flakey arrangement

Lot of optimism for a takeover.
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
I've noticed there's no statement on your site, and trading seems to continue how is this possible when your service involves inter-account transfers on MTGox which has been taken down?

Edit: Should I expect a reply here? just noticed Josh last post 11 days ago although he was logged in 2 hours ago! something a little bit fishy here!

He's active on Twitter (https://twitter.com/BTCBLDR), but mostly discussing an upcoming site maintenance.

Cheers!

Got transferred realbtc out of bitcoinbuilder.com today, for a trade done saturday. Thanks.

The reason it is possible to still trade on bitcoin builder is because now you can trade with virtual gox coins. All this means is that Gox-coins previously transferred to bitcoinbuilder is listed as numbers in bitcoinbuilders database. So let's say they have 20000 goxcoins in their mtgox account. This is currently inaccessible to bitcoinbuilder, but traders at bitcoinbuilders can still sell and buy whatever gox coins they have stored with bitcoinbuilder. But bitcoinbuilder will not be able to send gox coins to any customer before MtGox reopens their system, which might never happen.

Thanks for explanation, interesting the price has rallied nearly 100% since todays low on such a flakey arrangement
I've noticed there's no statement on your site, and trading seems to continue how is this possible when your service involves inter-account transfers on MTGox which has been taken down?

Edit: Should I expect a reply here? just noticed Josh last post 11 days ago although he was logged in 2 hours ago! something a little bit fishy here!

He's active on Twitter (https://twitter.com/BTCBLDR), but mostly discussing an upcoming site maintenance.

Cheers!

Cheers!
Activity: 728

Activity: 207
I really don't understand why people value this risk (which is tremendous) at above 0.5 BTC

To swap risks, and that is what people are doing here, I would not pay anything above 0.38

great for the sellers of GoxBTC but I think buyers give in a little too easy here

How about now?
Heya!

Sorry about that.. we're using blockchain's "payment API" to receive the btc in, and since Tuesday they've been having intermittent lags on processing deposits! It looks like yours did go through now though.. it took them 27 confirmations to notice. :/

Thanks for using bitcoin builder!!

josh!

Josh, thank you for creating this service.

Josh, with all due respect, there are people waiting for their bitcoins, it would be nice if you were able to clear up the que and also it would be very nice if you could post updates in this thread about the status of your service. I think it would be in your best interest to process withdrawals in a timely manner. If you're swamped, then let the community know so, if not allegations of fraud will inevitably start to surface, unjust or not. I'm sorry if this come forward as harsh, but people tend to become nervous when their money is 'stuck'.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hopefully Mark Karpeles can now concentrate on getting things figured out.  His ego has definitely gotten the best of him.  A little reassurance with evidence of a nice fat BtC wallet balance is overdue.

We can only pray he's using Bitcoin Builder to buy back any missing BtC at 70% off.  With his OWN lootcakes!

Plenty of evidence Mark knew his wallet implementation was problematic.

Thanks Josh for all your efforts.  Everything going smoothly for me: deposits, trading, withdrawals = smooth.

Now we need Gox to restart in the next few weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
I reported a serious bug more than 24 hours ago, still no reply despite tweets going out in the meantime. Neither did I receive my withdraw which has been pending for more than 24 hours as well.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
All my withdrawals went through without any problem.
Keep in mind that BTC builder has a daily limit of 20,000 BTC hence why there might be delays, it's true that the website looks sketchy but afterall it seems legit, why would he scam us anyway?
He's charging 2% trading fee, with a volume of 9000 BTC a day he made a shitload of money, I see no reason to rob from us.
Activity: 6
No replay - No BTC on a Blockchain - I just feel like I was cheated in a worst possible way and therefore still can't believe myself. Is there any more people affected this morning? If Josh Jones is known person maybe there is a way otherwise to be screwed twice on Mt.Gox and by BitcoinBuilder is double loss.

Just to be clear I made a small transaction two days ago and that went straight after 11PM PST so I sold more and nothing happened so far.  Still refreshing blockchain in hope to see transaction going through... it's a sad feeling. Pls come out if you are in the same boat to see what are our options at this point.

Edit.ps: I see now after one hour first transactin appeared on the blockchain. sorry for all this rant but these days it's like wild west - it's hard to trust anybody especially after what we witnessed in BTC community. so far so good.  

Edit.2 All is good! Josh tweeted and explained everything this morning on Twiter and I got my real BTC some hours later.           
Activity: 34
I tried to withdraw several BTC yesterday (before 5PM PST) and still have not gotten them yet.

Correction: I have the coins now.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I have to say I am quite frustrated at the moment. I made a withdrawal of 3 real BTCs from bitcoinbuilder.com to my wallet two days ago and they still haven't arrived. Support emails I've sent were not answered so far.
Keep us informed. Check out their FAQ too, it says to click on "recheck balances" or maybe you withdrew between 8pm-11pm PST so you have to wait for the next day.
Activity: 10
I have to say I am quite frustrated at the moment. I made a withdrawal of 3 real BTCs from bitcoinbuilder.com to my wallet two days ago and they still haven't arrived. Support emails I've sent were not answered so far.

edit: they finally arrived!

Josh's answer: "I apologize for that, there are some weird bugs in coinbase's send payment API it seems! I've re-sent the payment now, and for tonight's batch we are using a double-verification of the account logs to make sure everything went out that coinbase said did!"
Pages:
Jump to: