Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] "GOX" BTC <=> "Real" BTC exchange at bitcoinbuilder.com! - page 3. (Read 10224 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Can someone explain this to me.

If I want to buy GoxBTC, I send "outside" BTC to bitcoinbuilder and then? Is there any way to retrieve these coins or would they simply be sent to my Gox account? Meaning that if I want to use the bought GoxBTC I would in turn have to sell them via bitcoinbuildor or wait for MTGOX to open withdrawals again respectively?

Thanks

Coin-transfers between MtGox accounts are still possible. So sellers of GoxBTC can transfer their GoxBTC to the account of BitcoinBuilder and buyers can get their GoxBTC deposited in their Gox account by BitcoinBuilder.
Activity: 854
Merit: 510
Roy: Thanks for your thoughtful responses. I also feel clarification of regulation is critical to the well being of BtC.  There does seem to be a healthy dialog.

Roy, as a trusted Bitcoin community member do you feel like you would trust Josh with all of your personal data?

I like the concept but collecting SSN is going too far.   I don't believe it is necessary.    If it is necessary that I won't be doing business with US based exchanges at this point in time.   That information is too risky to hand out.  

From the CNN article: 
"It took me less than 12 hours of programming to do this, and I didn't have to get approval from anyone," Jones said. "It's an uncertain time, and I think there's money to be made and lost."

This is a private individual.  There probably isn't any security.   Clearly it isn't safe to provide your SSN.   
Activity: 854
Merit: 510
Roy: Thanks for your thoughtful responses. I also feel clarification of regulation is critical to the well being of BtC.  There does seem to be a healthy dialog.

Roy, as a trusted Bitcoin community member do you feel like you would trust Josh with all of your personal data?

I like the concept but collecting SSN is going too far.   I don't believe it is necessary.    If it is necessary that I won't be doing business with US based exchanges at this point in time.   That information is too risky to hand out.  
Is there a way to be sure that this is really his name?
It'd be easy to grab someone's name and linkedin and do something around it no?

He was interviewed at the tail end of this CNN story:

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/20/technology/innovation/bitcoin-mtgox/
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
Is there a way to be sure that this is really his name?
It'd be easy to grab someone's name and linkedin and do something around it no?
Activity: 149
Do you guys really think he would put his real name and linkedin profile on the frontpage of the website if it would be a scam? Nobody who's serious about his career would be so stupid to do that.

I sent in my verification docs for whatever that is worth. Maybe I'm too trusting. Smiley People need to decide for themselves what they are comfortable doing.

I think this little mini exchange is a good idea, it's something I want to use although in a far smaller volume than it seems some people are, and Josh has been around the forums for over 2 years.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Roy: Thanks for your thoughtful responses. I also feel clarification of regulation is critical to the well being of BtC.  There does seem to be a healthy dialog.

FINCEN has no jurisdiction for Cryptocurrency to Cryptocurrency transfers.  Maybe they would like to; but in reality anywhere outside of US it would be absurd.  If FINCEN pursues this then all innovation will move overseas. 

I have no problem with CoinBase's non invasive process.  NO PHOTO ID.  NO Social Security number.  Plus they deal with MY fiat. 

Well of course FINCEN doesn't have jurisdiction out side of the USA, it is a USA regulatory agency. However I assume bitcoinbuilder is based in the USA so I appreciate they fact they take legal compliance seriously.

I use Coinbase also. Maybe the reason they don't need a photo ID is because they validate your identity via a direct transaction to your bank account.
FINCEN has no jurisdiction for Cryptocurrency to Cryptocurrency transfers.  Maybe they would like to; but in reality anywhere outside of US it would be absurd.  If FINCEN pursues this then all innovation will move overseas. 

I have no problem with CoinBase's non invasive process.  NO PHOTO ID.  NO Social Security number.  Plus they deal with MY fiat. 
Activity: 3
Hi there.

Josh :

I like and used your site, but now i m wondering : what if GOX frauders (the thieves who attacked with malleability and double-withdrew) still had assets in GOX currently and were getting afraid of being caught : they may try to "launder" their remaining coins out instead of risking being seized in retaliation for their stealing.
I therefore would advise that you watch for any very-large abnormal goxbtc offer which could look like such laundering.

I send 1 gox btc to the name wanted10top,and he got it but refuse to pay me back with real btc,take care of this guy.
BTW,@wanted10top,if u need that 1 gox btc,just keep it,but u lose the best thing as a human being--integrity,u lose it and will never get it back in ur whole life,i feel sad for u... Grin Grin u asked for teamviewer again and again?what u want?to control my computer and stolen my coins quickly?hahah....waste my time....
Activity: 207
I <3 BitcoinBuilder
Activity: 130
Are people giving up their SSN to bitcoin builder?
I was fine with the rest, but I'm not so comfortable giving my ssn to a webpage like this...
I see people that have 100,000 bitcoins on the exchange. Is that for real? Someone actually trusting this site with that many BTC??

I see no such orders. Are you forgetting to multiply the # of coins by the price? For example:

90000.00000000    GOX for   0.00011

Is only a cost of 9.9 real BTC to place that bid.
Activity: 5
Can people confirm whether my new "unverified" Mt Gox account opened yesterday is able to RECEIVE goxBTC from Bitcoinbuilder.com? I have submitted my scanned passport and utility bill to Mt Gox but I imagine it may stay an unverified status account for a while at the moment.
Activity: 24
I see people that have 100,000 bitcoins on the exchange. Is that for real? Someone actually trusting this site with that many BTC??
Required identity is misinterpretation of FINCEN rules.  No fiat is involved whatsoever.  What's going on here?

FINCEN has specific guidance on cryptocurrency transfers and requires exchanges like this to register as money transmitters. Virtual currency exchanges ("transmitters") follow the same guidelines as fiat money transmitters.
Activity: 11
Really... What's going on here Josh!  Your lawyers are misleading you.  Even at conservative CoinBase as a fully certified BtC <> Fiat buyer/seller up to 50 BtC/day: NO PHOTO ID, last 4 digits of SSN#, random identifying questions from a database!  That's ALL.  And that's FULLY FINCEN compliant dealing with US dollars!  Josh, man; I'd love to use your service. 
I agree, this seems like too much info to give when others don't require nearly as much.
Pages:
Jump to: