Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Grin | PoW Mining | Electronic transactions for all. Community driven. - page 12. (Read 73512 times)

legendary
Activity: 978
Merit: 1080
https://grinnews.substack.com/p/118-grin-411-released

Thanks to bbc.reporter for giving me the idea to post the newsletters here:-)
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
@tromp. I am very much ill-informed and have not followed Grin and Aeon much closely after the quarantines began.

I was also only asking about this announcement.

Possible approaches

(come with your suggestions and I’ll update)

Return the funds to the anonymous donor
Burn the funds
Split funds to core team members and break up the band
Split funds between implementations
Open application process:
For funds with the purpose of having spent all of it before a certain point in time; or
For new “teams” to be formed, i.e. groups or individuals, each get an equal chunk of the funds and have to work in the best interest of Grin according to their best abilities.
Temp core teams, existing core team keeps the mu-sig keys but are not the core team any more. We have temporary core teams (say a new team every 6 or 12 months), that people somehow appoint, and they get a pre-determined amount to spend according to their best discretion, perhaps via filing a budget for it.

https://forum.grin.mw/t/dismantling-the-core-team-and-governance-structure/7801

I have not read the whole thread yet, but what is happening?
legendary
I am not updated on the news on Grin. Grin core developers disbanding?

It's surprising how someone using Grin's logo as their avatar is so ill-informed:-)

Try subscribing to the Grin newsletter https://grinnews.substack.com/
Or read the forum at https://forum.grin.mw/
Or hang out with the developers on keybase grincoin channels...

legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
At the end of the day, the price shows the trend of Grin.
What was it, $25 or so, and now $0.30c
I wont take into account the ATH of over $250.
Lets be fair and say $25.   Its also fair to say that to see $25 again is not going to happen.

Then use it rather than hodling. Grin is supposed to be like cash.

Agreed! However, use it where? No one accepts it. There is not a gambling site, a store or an individual that likes to have it. We cannot scorn and tell people to use it.

In any case, I am not updated on the news on Grin. Grin core developers disbanding? I thought Grin would have improved anonymity and privacy by this time.
Activity: 59
Merit: 87
Not sure if this "new here" was targeted at bitcointalk forum or Grin. If you're new to Grin, make sure to also visit http://forum.grin.mw/ which is another grin forum Smiley In any case, welcome
Activity: 2
Merit: 1
I'm trying to restore my wallet via Grin++. I enter 24 words of the seed-phrase but the "Restore wallet" button is not active. The username and password I understand are arbitrary? Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

Don't worry. There is no problem. Enter your 24 words seed-phrase and be patient. Wait until your wallet synchronize with the grin node. Down left u will see the the status process. When the process finish the button will be available. It takes around 10-15 minutes, it depends on your connection. Hello to everyone Smiley I am new here
Activity: 1358
Merit: 267
Degens.bet - On-chain 1000x Futures
I'm trying to restore my wallet via Grin++. I enter 24 words of the seed-phrase but the "Restore wallet" button is not active. The username and password I understand are arbitrary? Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?
Activity: 480
Merit: 68

Yes, use it instead of dollar to buy groceries for example.
Oh, wait.... no one accepts it.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
Lets be fair and say $25.   Its also fair to say that to see $25 again is not going to happen.

Activity: 442
Merit: 3
Activity: 210
Merit: 6

What the poop is that? Why did u post that link I dont get it. Botulism will eat ur body from the inside  if u chuck something like this in this thread again. Rather than bitching about core members' swingeing sway over things u want them to be disinvolved in, go drone about ur problems to a shrink. Some insubstantial nattering about contributors and core team, I dont get what that post was about, maybe u want to talk about a sphincter in ur bottom?

it was a frustration for tought of splitting core team which i think worked for grin since inception.i dont have technical ability to judge their performance but you are a troll %100
Activity: 147
Merit: 20

What the poop is that? Why did u post that link I dont get it. Botulism will eat ur body from the inside  if u chuck something like this in this thread again. Rather than bitching about core members' swingeing sway over things u want them to be disinvolved in, go drone about ur problems to a shrink. Some insubstantial nattering about contributors and core team, I dont get what that post was about, maybe u want to talk about a sphincter in ur bottom?
heat and noise..explains well..

So you will get one to test or?
legendary
a grin asic 35000 usd? almost a house money! in many countries..this is for big farms?

Or for a noise-proof basement in need of heating...
https://forum.grin.mw/t/there-will-be-an-asic-ama-in-next-governance-meeting/7626/10

a grin asic 35000 usd? almost a house money! in many countries..this is for big farms?

Grin did not have all that much going for it in the first place. Ooh so it's a privacy coin, wow, will it ever have a large potential userbase besides the paranoid and drug users and pushers. If I am way off here, please tell me why Grin is going to be a huge winner going forward  Wink

I don't think that the bulk of people who like anonymous cryptocurrencies are drug dealers or criminals. Anonymity is worth a lot these days. It's just that few people think about it.

Well this is logical thinking.i tought the same.But despite all crypto space grow up from 100 billion to 400 billion usd dolar..None of those privacy coins get their share.Many VC,funds pouring money..

it seems smart money dont want to involve with privacy coins,in the mean time delistings,government regulations.Coinbase and other big exchanges openly collabrating with chain analysis companies..it was a good idea but they will just allow Bitcoin with transparent ledger or stablecoins.That is a fact.

it was like dreaming a world peace)
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

Grin did not have all that much going for it in the first place. Ooh so it's a privacy coin, wow, will it ever have a large potential userbase besides the paranoid and drug users and pushers. If I am way off here, please tell me why Grin is going to be a huge winner going forward  Wink

I don't think that the bulk of people who like anonymous cryptocurrencies are drug dealers or criminals. Anonymity is worth a lot these days. It's just that few people think about it.
Pages:
Jump to: