Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Grin | PoW Mining | Electronic transactions for all. Community driven. - page 8. (Read 73510 times)

Activity: 480
Merit: 68
Grin's holders children probably won't be alive 98 years from now...  Cry
Activity: 1190
Merit: 755
Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis
Also, Grin’s holders will not live for 98 years.

Hah, thnx a lot, but why?
Death by emission? Tongue

Grin is as much for future generations as it is for the current one.

When Lambo parity? Grin
legendary
Activity: 978
Merit: 1080
Agreed. However, there should be a balance between speculation and emission to acquire the needed hashrate for the security of the coin.

Grin's slow emission gives it a much higher security than other coins in the long term.
Coins that keep halving the block subsidy but that do not develop a fee market like Bitcoin does, will face a future security crisis.

Grin is as much for future generations as it is for the current one.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
The problem is everyone who has witnessed the fast price growth of bitcoin wants this to also occur similar to their next coin held.

For many people, that is the case. They only want to speculate on coins in order to profit.
Grin doesn't need to cater to these people. Every other coin already does.

But not everyone is like that. Some see the value in having the simplest and fairest emission of 1 per second forever.
98 years from now, when comparing century+ old coins, all of which will have negligible inflation, there will be only one that has been evenly distributed throughout the whole century, much like Gold throughout its history.

Agreed. However, there should be a balance between speculation and emission to acquire the needed hashrate for the security of the coin. On Grin it can be argued that it is harder acquire the needed hashrate because of miner sell pressure on the price. This is very dangerous for Grin’s safety from 51% attacks.

Activity: 480
Merit: 68
Activity: 210
Merit: 6

Many infinite supply coins made the bull run. So your theory is not true.  rvn pow  is almost 35x more than Grin. RVN gets demand,Grin doesnt.

Wallet and exchange problems killed the ecosystem. Thats simple truth.
legendary
Activity: 978
Merit: 1080
The problem is everyone who has witnessed the fast price growth of bitcoin wants this to also occur similar to their next coin held.

For many people, that is the case. They only want to speculate on coins in order to profit.
Grin doesn't need to cater to these people. Every other coin already does.

But not everyone is like that. Some see the value in having the simplest and fairest emission of 1 per second forever.
98 years from now, when comparing century+ old coins, all of which will have negligible inflation, there will be only one that has been evenly distributed throughout the whole century, much like Gold throughout its history.
legendary
@tromp. The problem is everyone who has witnessed the fast price growth of bitcoin wants this to also occur similar to their next coin held. For many people, the only way for this to occur is to implement a monetary policy with limited supply which causes scarcity to come much faster than infinite emmission. I reckon we can say that it has become the standard in the cryptospace hehehe.
legendary
@cfif. I disagree. One of the main arguments of Grin’s monetary policy is sound money has to do more with transparent emmission than limited supply. Cryptocoins with limited supply are hoarded as speculation with the dream that it will pump hehehe. Grin’s monetary supply wants to change this and to also make it as fair to the late adopters as to the early adopters.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 535
Grid demonstrates a positive sides as a full uncontrollability from anyelse of headquarters and new resolution of scalability. Is it true? But the eternal of coin emission is worst part of this coin.
legendary
@everyone. Where can we get more data on Asics for Grin and the sales data on them? I am speculating something hehehehe.

There are old miners of bitcoin who are selling their coins since December. This might be their exit for good and might be on the search to become early adopters again on a new coin. I speculate that it might be Grin, speculating this on the coinbase transaction donations for Grin’s development team by old miners.

The early adopters of bitcoin might be slowly supporting and developing the infrastructure for Grin. We also know that theymos is one of the early supporters.

https://twitter.com/n3ocortex/status/1364699416012222465?s=12
Activity: 59
Merit: 87
Yeah right, Theymos doesn't endorse Alts and not only did he endorse it but accepts if for the forum unlike any other coin besides BTC.

So if thats the way you feel about Bitcointalk why are you even here?

I like talking about Grin very much, but unfortunately there's not much discussion here so I mostly browse the Bitcoin section to see if there's something interesting.

Just because Theymos endorses it, this doesn't make this thread a community. There were 3 consecutive links to grin news which means no activity here apart from tromp posting these links for at least 2 weeks and you're
here trying to argue we have a Grin community here? The only reason I jumped here was because you've been trying to blame others because you missed the forum post. I'm out of this conversation now.
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Why weren't we offered the miner, is bitcointalk not considered part of the community?

Why would it be? There is only this topic about Grin that barely gets any attention. Grin community has a forum at forum.grin.mw, some hang on keybase, discord or telegram. But this thread is certainly not a "grin community". I do suggest you reach out to them if you want to grab some, I'm not sure where they are available, but as the forum post shows, at least one guy from iPollo was active there.

Yeah right, Theymos doesn't endorse Alts and not only did he endorse it but accepts if for the forum unlike any other coin besides BTC.

So if thats the way you feel about Bitcointalk why are you even here?
legendary

I guess I missed the embedded link in that news link.

My Bad, I had no idea other than a few testnet rigs were available.
Activity: 59
Merit: 87
Why weren't we offered the miner, is bitcointalk not considered part of the community?

Why would it be? There is only this topic about Grin that barely gets any attention. Grin community has a forum at forum.grin.mw, some hang on keybase, discord or telegram. But this thread is certainly not a "grin community". I do suggest you reach out to them if you want to grab some, I'm not sure where they are available, but as the forum post shows, at least one guy from iPollo was active there.
Activity: 210
Merit: 6

And where is that G1 big one? are they active?

legendary
A bit insulting actually considering I have got notifications all along of every crowd fund announcement.

It was mentioned right here:

That is not on this site.

So basically if you guys need us to shell out cash your hand is out but if we want in on hardware to support the network we are not welcomed as first class community members?

Who is "you guys" ? And when did you ever shell out cash for them?

NOYB what and where I have shelled out cash.
Pages:
Jump to: