Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Grin | PoW Mining | Electronic transactions for all. Community driven. - page 71. (Read 73512 times)

legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
I am running Grin! The build was smooth except for installing the wrong version of rust. I did not listen and used apt get instead of rustup hehehe.

In any case, what exchange can we buy some grin but without KYC? I want to buy a small amount to begin using this complicated wallet hehe.
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
You know Grin could easily be the king of in person transactions, imagine just tapping and the payment script gets transferred. Simple as that, no worries about double spend or any bullshit either. The file for transferring funds could really be nice.

Grin transactions are not immune to double-spends. Offline in-person Bitcoin transactions would have the same level of security.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 755
Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis
Does anyone know anything more about this:

https://grinpro.io/#home
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
I am already bored of mining this coin. Mostly because I learned that minimum pay out on f2pool is 5 grins. (mining on 1 card and it will take ages to get the coins out :/)

Goddamnit. Already wasted too much hash on f2pool to give up now. Will accrue the 5 required for a payout and probably quit mining this crap... or something...

Don't mine it with your only card Bob. Play games instead. It feels like shit using a slowed down PC.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
I am already bored of mining this coin. Mostly because I learned that minimum pay out on f2pool is 5 grins. (mining on 1 card and it will take ages to get the coins out :/)

But I also realized, If the value is guaranteed to go down at least for the next 2 years because of the insane inflation rate, then why would I put any hash on this coin or buy it? Doesn't make much sense.

More people will think like me eventually and only the believers will be left to mine it. When they made their banks after a year or two, it may go up but it will still be a dangerous bet because only a handful of people will own huge number of coins and they may decide to dump at any time. The only good outcome (where the coin doesn't die and go up) may play out if the coin accomplishes a better scalability than bitcoin without sacrificing the security.

I'll invest $100 when the time is right. Not now.
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Conclusion:  Grin is currently highly overvalued at $6.5

Question is not if price of Grin is over evaluated right now, but at what price and at what time will Grin found bottom.  I believe most pessimistic date could be even 4 years form now and deep in 4 digits of satoshies.

I'm guessing more like 2 years and who know what BTC will be worth then so it is hard to judge what this will be worth in comparison.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
primari is 31algo for hi-end gpu 11gb+ memory. secondary is hashrate 29algo 6-8gb gpu
for mature waiting some blocks ~1400 if im not wrong
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
Mining on grinmint.com...
What is the difference between Primary Hashrate and Secondary Hashrate?
And how much time must pass till Balance will become mature?
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
I want to withdraw a small test amount from bitmesh. The exchange asks me for an address, as usual. I'm overstrained to create an address for my wallet. I'm using the grin software version 1.0.0 on ubuntu 18.04.1 LTO. I have created two accounts, "default" and "test". How to choose the account, and how to create an address? Any help please. Hope it is not for nerds only.

i emailed the payout from grinmint. then imported the text file to the ubuntu official wallet and sent the response file back. you also need a node running for the wallet to talk to.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Hello guys!
Its possible to mine this coin with 1070?
Sorry if this quastion was before:/

yes
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
An attempt at valuation:

Bitcoin - 12.5 coins per block, 6 blocks per hour = 1800 coins per day x $3600 = $6,480,000 cash injection required per day to maintain current price

Grin - 50 coins per block, 60 blocks per hour = 72,000 coins per day x $6.5 = $468,000 cash injection per day to maintain current price.

Therefore Grin requires 7.2% of the cash injection of Bitcoin on a daily basis to maintain its current price.  

Is Grin worth 7.2% of Bitcoin at this time?  Definitely not.  It is an untested coin with extremely low adoption and a serious pain in the ass to transfer as both parties have to cooperate to make a transfer happen.

Agreed...
But that's kinda the norm when an ultra hyped coin launches, no?. Market value is a joke.
We all know it will be a few cents in no time... then the usual pump dump thing.
Wasn't z-cash like 6 btc per coin momentarily when it launched or some such nonsense?

It's so much easier to find the true value by using hash...  This is still waaaay too profitable to mine.  The miners pressure will eventually bring this down to $1/1080ti/day, it always does.  Either hash has to continue to rise or price needs to keep falling for equilibrium.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

Question is not if price of Grin is over evaluated right now, but at what price and at what time will Grin found bottom.  I believe most pessimistic date could be even 4 years form now and deep in 4 digits of satoshies.
NrX
Activity: 770
Merit: 254
I don't have mining experience and buying from exchange is only way to add some of this coin to my existed stock. There are multiple reasons to believe that current price makes the coin overvalued and better wait for hype to disappear before buying. Even current market isn't supportive to sustain all this. Wait and watch for right time to make entry in market.
legendary
Activity: 996
Merit: 1133
Get Some!
Hello all beloved Ledgendaries here,

I read the OP, that present Linux  mining link, so I don't know that I can mine the Grin coin with AMD or NVIDIA graphic cards on Windows system or not?
Thank you.
Tutorial: mining Grin on Windows 10 with NVIDIA GPUs
https://www.coingecko.com/buzz/how-to-mine-grin
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
If you're looking to mine some Grin but don't want the hassle and expanses of maintaining a rig, might as well rent some hashpower over at MiningRigRentals.com
 There are plenty of rigs for rent now, and prices have dropped since most of the hype is gone now.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
An attempt at valuation:

Bitcoin - 12.5 coins per block, 6 blocks per hour = 1800 coins per day x $3600 = $6,480,000 cash injection required per day to maintain current price

Grin - 50 coins per block, 60 blocks per hour = 72,000 coins per day x $6.5 = $468,000 cash injection per day to maintain current price.

Therefore Grin requires 7.2% of the cash injection of Bitcoin on a daily basis to maintain its current price.  

Is Grin worth 7.2% of Bitcoin at this time?  Definitely not.  It is an untested coin with extremely low adoption and a serious pain in the ass to transfer as both parties have to cooperate to make a transfer happen.

Indeed it's overvalued. Sweat at the joker who made one of the first purchases at $261

Wash trade.
Activity: 672
Merit: 35
#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator
firstly I wanna say something good as the first altcoin GRIN selected support this forum like payment of said information from (theymos and cobrabitcoin)

OK, anyone know the remote-node for GRIN coin??
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com

I read the OP, that present Linux  mining link, so I don't know that I can mine the Grin coin with AMD or NVIDIA graphic cards on Windows system or not?
Thank you.

You can mine with linux and windows. Go to the OP and join the discord has more information on mining. Price is not holding up maybe buy it at the exchange is a better option.
Activity: 91
Merit: 12
Solaris & ZeroCoin & txbit.io exchange ! Go !!!

Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: