Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Halcyon v1.1.0.2 ~ NeoScrypt PoW and up to 100% PoS - page 27. (Read 73219 times)

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
hmm nice move but market is in alert of delisting on trex..

This is a good indicator why this coin needs changes. I've done my part, the rest depends on community.

can you explain about future plan for it?

The plan #1 is not to fall dead. I don't want to decide on my own and take all responsibility. I don't even own any sizeable part of HAL. The community should contribute to the decision making process rather than waiting for another P&D. I'm listening.

First of all who are you? This is the second time I am asking and you don't seem willing to volunteer that information. Without that, there's no credibility whatsoever so why would the community support you? The coin is technically dead so any efforts to "revive" it is just an exercise in futility unless there's total transparency and a plan. A waste of time.

So lets start at the beginning or forget about the whole thing, who are you? Full name. Full transparency. Otherwise I am going to just assume you are just another scammer, maybe even Dan Metcalf himself.

Edit to add: Oh and it is IMPERATIVE, absolutely sine qua non, that the official thread of the new Halcyon be UNCENSORED. The opposite of this one, is that perfectly clear. Otherwise I reaffirm again: You are trying to scam people, no two-ways around it.
legendary
Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

This is a good indicator why this coin needs changes. I've done my part, the rest depends on community.

The plan #1 is not to fall dead. I don't want to decide on my own and take all responsibility. I don't even own any sizeable part of HAL. The community should contribute to the decision making process rather than waiting for another P&D. I'm listening.
Activity: 896

legendary
Activity: 1162

And you are?
legendary

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Activity: 591
Merit: 501
Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow
Let it ride! High stakes are cool Smiley
legendary
I don't understand why you switch the Algo at or after the end of the (profitable) PoW Phase, IIRC (If I Remember Correctly) the Block Reward is now 5 HAL per Block and was like > 250 HAL per Block when first mined, so with the new NeoScrypt Algo people would mine for 5 Coins a Block.

Don't you think any other feature would "push" the coin more other than switching the Algo ?

The PoW phase has been finished by block #20K originally. There is no pre-mine and no ICO, but what you say a profitable PoW phase is a well played instamine. I don't like 100% PoS coins and instamined releases when only insiders and a small number of outsiders are able to participate in highly profitable mining before it's over. Small reward without any time restrictions is much better.

Well, it's not my intention to play this coin for a good dump, but what features do you suggest to add?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
I don't understand why you switch the Algo at or after the end of the (profitable) PoW Phase, IIRC (If I Remember Correctly) the Block Reward is now 5 HAL per Block and was like > 250 HAL per Block when first mined, so with the new NeoScrypt Algo people would mine for 5 Coins a Block.

Don't you think any other feature would "push" the coin more other than switching the Algo ?

legendary
Wat? Why?

Why not? The community of this coin isn't dead.

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
Wat? Why?
legendary

Halcyon v1.1.0.2

(24-Dec-2014)

no pre-mine and no ICO

PoW mining never ends

~5.5M HAL in circulation currently

Windows GUI client

MacOS X GUI client

Source code

Twitter

Facebook

Web Site

Block Explorer

NeoScrypt CPU and GPU miners

CPUminer (source code and binaries)

CCminer (source code and binaries)

NSGminer (source code and binaries)

NSGminer: The Fastest NeoScrypt GPU Miner

Mining Pools

DNB (1% fee, PPLNS)

Zpool (multipool; 2% fee, proportional)
-o stratum+tcp://mine.zpool.ca:4233 -u WALLET_ADDRESS -p anypassword c=HAL

Exchanges

Cryptopia (HAL/BTC)
CoinExchange (HAL/BTC)

Specifications

advanced hybrid proof-of-work (PoW) and proof-of-stake (PoS)
fixed rate of 20% PoW blocks and 80% PoS blocks

block hashing is BLAKE2s
PoW hashing is NeoScrypt
PoS hashing is SHA-256d

2 minutes combined block target (2.5 minutes for PoS, 10 minutes for PoW)
retargets every block using Orbitcoin Super Shield (OSS)
time warp and instamining protection
advanced checkpointing against 51% attacks
PoW block reward is fixed at 5 HAL
PoS block reward is up to 100% per year (5 HAL max.)
coin age for PoS: 0.5 days min. to 7.5 days max.
10 confirmations for regular transactions
50 confirmations for minted coins
very low transaction fees
the default P2P port is 21108, RPC port is 21109
I2P/Tor ready

Example halcyon.conf
irc=1
daemon=1
server=1
staking=1
logtimestamps=1
sse2=1
minersleep=2000
stakecombine=125
stakesplit=250
port=21108
rpcport=21109
rpcuser=someuser
rpcpassword=somepassword
addnode=seed0.halcyon.top:21108
addnode=seed1.halcyon.top:21108

The original announcement thread:

[ANN] Halcyon - x15 POW/POS - 2 Weeks Mining - News UpComing - Ninja - Start Now

Donate towards the development and infrastructure maintenance:

HCZBwpnpQnaNKLK6Whumbqnqy5XxH8EwQk

Pages:
Jump to: