Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] HAT.Exchange - The True P2P Experience | IFS Rewards | BETA (Q3 2018) - page 48. (Read 57196 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 100
3... 2... 1... Launch!

COIN SWAP WITH IFS ACTIVATION
When? It's happening on 30th od December 2017 between the whitepaper and desktop wallet release.

Why? The currently deployed smart contract, which defines HAT Token's properties and functions does not contain the needed function to allow staking and some other features to be introduced in the Q1 2018. A smart contract can't be modified once deployed on the main Ethereum network so a contract change implies we need to publish a new contract at a new address and our old tokens won't be able to interact with it.

How? In a way similar to our previous airdrop waves, a block snapshot will happen on 30th December and main developers will distribute the new tokens to the holders. So assuming Bob has 100HAT, he will receive 100(new)HAT. The new coin will have the same value and properties, furthermore, the Total Supply won't be touched, so it's totally safe for the market and odds are we won't even notice it happening.

What should we do?
To get yourself ready for the swap Hawala advice to keep the HATs in an ERC20 compatible wallet. Any wallet that gives you a private key will be perfectly fine. In the next days, EtherDelta will let us know if users need to withdraw the funds or they can do the swap on the exchanger seamlessly.

Thanks for the update!

Are there any plans to get this listed on bigger exchanges after the automatic swap has occured?
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
Good project, keep it up
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
I would like to ask if the philippines translation is already reserved??
Because i want to to apply philippines trnaslation
Yes. There is Filipino translated work by xPASTELx
Activity: 364
 I would like to ask if the philippines translation is already reserved??
Because i want to to apply philippines trnaslation
Activity: 224
Merit: 105
MFG Token Sale - 1st of January
Also i joined the Article Campaign now.
Activity: 224
Merit: 105
MFG Token Sale - 1st of January
The German translation was reserved on 9th december but has not yet been finalized or updated. I am a german law student and would like to take over the translation.
Activity: 241
Merit: 117
Satpam BTT 👮
Hello guys, I don't understand how to join on social media bounty, I should post something about Hawala Token, then if it gains 25 likes or shares, I'll get 10 HAT? is that right?

I think that's right maybe the rules should be changed because it is rather difficult to get the amount like & share.
Activity: 392
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
Hello guys, I don't understand how to join on social media bounty, I should post something about Hawala Token, then if it gains 25 likes or shares, I'll get 10 HAT? is that right?
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
im so bless to be part of this great project.a very promising project to succeed and its a privellage to be part of it.God bless this project
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
Staking is one of most fundamental things in crypto, it's like reward for holders, every serious coin/project must have this feature  Smiley
Activity: 21
That's what centralized exchanges (like Bitstamp, Bittrex...) do. EtherDelta is decentralized exchange and they won't do it so it's best to keep HATs in your own wallet.

Aaaah I see thanks for clearing that up. I will move the tokens to my wallet then.
Activity: 140
Feeling Relax in Underpressure
I am so happy to joined with this project. So I wish Hawala project and my friends recommanded me this bounty.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1215
Why is it important for you to keep the tokens on EtherDelta when the swap occurs? Just withdraw them to your Erc20 compatible wallet and you're good.

No it's not important, it's just sometime exchanges handle the Coin Swap. They take old tokens and give new ones in return. I am just trying to be sure that I dont have to keep my HATs in EtherDelta (I am trying to save some gas loool  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue)

That's what centralized exchanges (like Bitstamp, Bittrex...) do. EtherDelta is decentralized exchange and they won't do it so it's best to keep HATs in your own wallet.
Why is it important for you to keep the tokens on EtherDelta when the swap occurs? Just withdraw them to your Erc20 compatible wallet and you're good.

No it's not important, it's just sometime exchanges handle the Coin Swap. They take old tokens and give new ones in return. I am just trying to be sure that I dont have to keep my HATs in EtherDelta (I am trying to save some gas loool  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue)
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1215

What should we do?[/b] To get yourself ready for the swap Hawala advice to keep the HATs in an ERC20 compatible wallet. Any wallet that gives you a private key will be perfectly fine. In the next days, EtherDelta will let us know if users need to withdraw the funds or they can do the swap on the exchanger seamlessly.

So there still is a chance for Coin Swap at Ether Delta right? Shocked

One more question, Let's assume Hawala.Today handles the Coin Swap, You will give us new Tokens and my question  here is what to do with my old HATs. They will have no value and cannot be used for trading or anything, what will we do with them?  Huh

As for the old HATs, if they are worthless you can always send them to some ETH address (for example to 0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000) to burn them. Just be sure you're sending old HATs and not the new ones Wink

What should we do?[/b] To get yourself ready for the swap Hawala advice to keep the HATs in an ERC20 compatible wallet. Any wallet that gives you a private key will be perfectly fine. In the next days, EtherDelta will let us know if users need to withdraw the funds or they can do the swap on the exchanger seamlessly.

So there still is a chance for Coin Swap at Ether Delta right? Shocked

One more question, Let's assume Hawala.Today handles the Coin Swap, You will give us new Tokens and my question  here is what to do with my old HATs. They will have no value and cannot be used for trading or anything, what will we do with them?  Huh
Activity: 46
I wanted to join Hawala Today signature bounties too badd newbies cannot join U'm looking forward to become a member one day and join Hawala Signature Bounty. I will keep on Supporting Hawala.
Activity: 1
Reserved for Korean translation
Merit: 12
..is now rebranded as HAT.Exchange!

COIN SWAP WITH IFS ACTIVATION
When? It's happening on 30th od December 2017 between the whitepaper and desktop wallet release.

Why? The currently deployed smart contract, which defines HAT Token's properties and functions does not contain the needed function to allow staking and some other features to be introduced in the Q1 2018. A smart contract can't be modified once deployed on the main Ethereum network so a contract change implies we need to publish a new contract at a new address and our old tokens won't be able to interact with it.

How? In a way similar to our previous airdrop waves, a block snapshot will happen on 30th December and main developers will distribute the new tokens to the holders. So assuming Bob has 100HAT, he will receive 100(new)HAT. The new coin will have the same value and properties, furthermore, the Total Supply won't be touched, so it's totally safe for the market and odds are we won't even notice it happening.

What should we do?
To get yourself ready for the swap Hawala advice to keep the HATs in an ERC20 compatible wallet. Any wallet that gives you a private key will be perfectly fine. In the next days, EtherDelta will let us know if users need to withdraw the funds or they can do the swap on the exchanger seamlessly.
Merit: 12
..is now rebranded as HAT.Exchange!
dont understand, after December 30, those hat tokens in our wallet will turn into hathold, and instead of them you will give us new tokens, in the same amount as they were in our purse or they are plus, for example there were 65 hats in my wallet and you add 65 new tokens . so i have in my wallet 130 new tokens hat? am i right?
dont understand, after December 30, those hat tokens in our wallet will turn into hathold, and instead of them you will give us new tokens, in the same amount as they were in our purse or they are plus, for example there were 65 hats in my wallet and you add 65 new tokens . so i have in my wallet 130 new tokens hat? am i right?

I don't think you understand what is token swap. If you have 65 HAT in your Erc20 compatible wallet (and not in an exchange), you will receive 65 of the new HAT tokens. The old tokens will be (or should be) worthless after that. So you won't be having 130 HAT tokens, but 65 HAT (this one will be worth according to the market) and 65 old HAT (this one should be worthless after the swap).

Of course, I could be wrong because token swaps can happen in multiple ways. I guess admin can tell you for certain how it will happen. But I think it will be as I wrote.

Hi Mansuri,

Slack has pretty much explained it, you wont be getting 130 HAT you will be getting equal amount of HAT in your wallet, but the OLD HAT will be worthless and won't have any value.
The trading will start at the same price of OLD HAT so there shouldn't be any problem.

The Coinswap is happening because of IFS Activation and other new Standards in our contract. This is a common practice and should be worried about anything if you have your coins in your wallet safely Smiley

please make sure you bring your coins back in your wallet by 30th Dec

Any plans of posting a detailed instruction post for upcoming Coin Swap?

Hey,

Yes please check Reddit page for instructions as well as blog.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HawalaToday/comments/7khgji/coin_swap_what_when_why_how/
http://www.hawala.today/blog/hawala-today-dev-update-12-15-17/
Pages:
Jump to: