Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [HVC] Heavycoin - Ultra-secure, Decentralized Block Reward Voting, Fast - page 11. (Read 542216 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
Hey folks,

Hope everyone is well.

@Jonesd - nothing specific to report right now mate, I know version 1.4 is being worked on, but not sure how close it is.

Some news I thought I'd share - the White Puma guys who are behind the app for sending coins on Facebook have just released a product for accepting altcoins (including HVC) anywhere online. I'm still playing with it so no review yet, but these guys are doing good work so I'm happy to be in their camp: http://www.whitepuma.net/cryptowiz-widget/

Cheers,
M

Thanks for the update about having no update Wink  Hope they have the new version soon.

That White Puma sounds interesting. Keep us posted.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Hey folks,

Hope everyone is well.

@Jonesd - nothing specific to report right now mate, I know version 1.4 is being worked on, but not sure how close it is.

Some news I thought I'd share - the White Puma guys who are behind the app for sending coins on Facebook have just released a product for accepting altcoins (including HVC) anywhere online. I'm still playing with it so no review yet, but these guys are doing good work so I'm happy to be in their camp: http://www.whitepuma.net/cryptowiz-widget/

Cheers,
M
legendary
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Traveling in subspace
Hope you're right but with no new innovations, delisted from Mintpal, very low volume on Cryptsy and very little dev activity lately what's in the pipeline to keep this coin from dieing?
Activity: 121
Nice! A wealth distribution chart just like that will be in the next update  Wink

I just fixed the date issue. Not sure how i didn't notice that one  Huh
There were a few hiccups with the new code base. They have now been resolved and things are running smoothly. Local indexes are fully sync'd and updating at block time intervals.  Smiley

Nice job! Smiley

I made this based on your list

About timings I mentioned
There were a few hiccups with the new code base. They have now been resolved and things are running smoothly. Local indexes are fully sync'd and updating at block time intervals.  Smiley
Hey guys,

HeavyChain ran into an issue last night and crashed. A bug resulting in a segfault (under certain normally rare conditions) snuck through testing of the new code. I'm working on this now and will have things back up as soon as possible.

Great work xocel, it's updating blocks again. Also I think timestamp of blocks is 1 month early, can you check it?
Hey guys,

HeavyChain ran into an issue last night and crashed. A bug resulting in a segfault (under certain normally rare conditions) snuck through testing of the new code. I'm working on this now and will have things back up as soon as possible.

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
That's really great news, thanks xocel!
Hey guys,

Just wanted to take a moment to thank xocel for his continued work to get this service back online - it's much appreciated.

For those of us with a programming/networking background, I'm sure we have had those moments where sometimes the machine is just simply haunted - well done getting it all figured out man and not just killing it with fire (also an acceptable answer Smiley)

Cheers,
M
legendary
Hello HeavyCoin Community!

http://heavychain.info is back up and running, with a new code base.

Whats new:

* Significantly more stable (should be no downtime)
  * tx & address indexes (allowing for search by address, address balances, address page listing all tx's etc)
  * Top 100/Richlists (top 100 balances, top 100 received coins)
  * Nicer UI

Coming soon:

* Cryptsy support

The tx & address indexing are building now (this takes a while for heavy), once complete (currently at ~10%) the richlists, balances etc will be up to date. Auto updating (every block) will kick in once the initial indexes are done. (voting info etc)

To stay updated follow @heavychaininfo on twitter.

I would like to apologize to the community for the downtime. It was never intended to take this long however a number of unexpected issues were encountered (software, hardware and perhaps even some voodoo). With the new code base plus various infrastructure upgrades I am confident we will no longer be encountering any of these problems.

I will post back once the initial indexes are done Smiley

Impressive Smiley
Hello HeavyCoin Community!

http://heavychain.info is back up and running, with a new code base.

Whats new:

* Significantly more stable (should be no downtime)
  * tx & address indexes (allowing for search by address, address balances, address page listing all tx's etc)
  * Top 100/Richlists (top 100 balances, top 100 received coins)
  * Nicer UI

Coming soon:

* Cryptsy support

The tx & address indexing are building now (this takes a while for heavy), once complete (currently at ~10%) the richlists, balances etc will be up to date. Auto updating (every block) will kick in once the initial indexes are done. (voting info etc)

To stay updated follow @heavychaininfo on twitter.

I would like to apologize to the community for the downtime. It was never intended to take this long however a number of unexpected issues were encountered (software, hardware and perhaps even some voodoo). With the new code base plus various infrastructure upgrades I am confident we will no longer be encountering any of these problems.

I will post back once the initial indexes are done Smiley
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
it is good for miners bother comes from HVC and MLS Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024
Merge mine HVC with MLS?

If its same algo i am for it! more  secure network is always welcomed
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Hello. I am main developer of MLS. Before planning this project, we had investigated most of the algorithms and decided to use hefty1 in our project that you developed, cause we suppose hefty1 is really excellent. Our purpose is not only to develop project, but also to promote this algorithm, which can make more GPU miner to join in. However, the low hash power of HVC has high risk to lead 51% attack, and the hash power may disappear after next half. We would not like to see such ending. Hereon, we suppose it will be a good solution for you and us, if we combine MLS and HVC. Our hash power keeps between 70G and 80G. We believe it will attract more people to join if combination, and we sincerely hope we can do business together and achieve common progress.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
It's only been an hour and a half, but there has been no movement in either difficulty or price since the block reward changed. Waiting for a breakout...

Lower inflation doesn't immediately result on an instant breakout.  What it does is it preps a coin or currency for a much bigger breakout once that demand does show up.

Given alts are already starting to pop I think that demand is imminent.  There may be a pause for about 2 weeks or so as Bitcoin does its last and final big drop but after that we should see a massive run and coins which have lowered their inflation rates should see a much bigger rally.

Buy and hold and enjoy the ride.

I've been involved in other out-of-the-spotlight coins, and the most common trend I've seen is that after the block reward goes down, the price goes up rather immediately, and then there is nothing to sustain it, and soon after, it goes back to its previous price. I think it has something to do with the massive pre-mine (mining that was done when the block reward was high) creating lots of sell pressure even though very few new coins are being minted.
Pages:
Jump to: