Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ICO] Publica - Blockchain revolution for the publishing economy - page 13. (Read 27223 times)

Activity: 265
Merit: 10
Publica - Protocol for Decentralised Publishing
OK.... It looks promising. And what amount do you plan to collect in the course of sales of tokens? When will the members receive the token?

Hello! The ICO is over now, $1M raised. Tokens were already distributed, you can buy PBL tokens on exchanges (such as Kucoin, Cryptopia, EtherDelta).

Here is additional information:

Total supply is 33,787,150.
Circulating supply is 18,582,933 PBL

45% of total supply is locked for treasury and the team. Treasury is unlocked within 90 days and the team is vesting its 20% within 5 years proportionately with first unlock happening after 1 year. You can check PBL smart contract code to validate that 45% being currently locked from the circulation (https://etherscan.io/address/0x55648de19836338549130b1af587f16bea46f66b#code)
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
OK.... It looks promising. And what amount do you plan to collect in the course of sales of tokens? When will the members receive the token?
Activity: 85
Seems (PBL) staff is active,  thanks for fast updates. Price is increasing now, join here,  before its not to late. M.cap is still very small 5m. For 2x 3x 4x in short. Lets go! And thanks staff
Publica designer Natalia is presenting new landing page geared towards authors. Watch on our YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/VJ9p3GZ4sj4
Activity: 422
Merit: 11
Radio, TV, Books are mainstream. Crypto is fringe?

I mostly read books. Driving, I listen to public radio. Cooking, I let sports TV keep me company.

I’m never surprised to hear radio and TV talk about books. I love books, they’re mainstream media too. Talk about crypto-anything would surprise.

Crypto’s way too fringe for my casual attention to mainstream media, right?

Last night I joined a large dinner party. As I approached the table I asked Hey, anybody listen to public radio driving here? People said “Yeah, that panel about Bitcoin. One of them kept on about Ethereum. And look over there (in a Florida sports bar, TVs on the walls), CNN has that crypto guy on again.”

We ranged over many topics in the course of the night, but crypto kept returning.

My friends know I love books. They read books too, and we usually talk about books. Yet we talked about crypto more than books. With that “crypto guy” behind us, on silent CNN, again.

So what’s mainstream now?

Driving away, I left the radio silent. I like crypto, a lot, but I’d had enough for one night. There was a good book waiting for me at home.

I knew there’d be plenty of crypto on mainstream media tomorrow. And anyway, crypto’s part of my job now. As mainstream as it can get.

Photo by Mpho Mojapelo on Unsplash
Publica is demonstrating its proof of concept next week. If you’re an author or just want to keep an eye on the latest developments, click here.

P.S. I used to work in TV. Before that, books, self-publishing, and music. Before that, radio. Now, books+crypto. It’s all mainstream media and publishing to me, but I really like books.

https://medium.com/publicaio/radio-tv-books-are-mainstream-media-crypto-is-fringe-f67e79d99d02
Activity: 3
Ok, it's quite interesting  Smiley but i need to point out that "minimum necessary amount for a platform development and marketing" is actually called Minimal Cap

Hi there, can you tell me why the max cap change from 51million to 5million? i remembered that you said the max cap is 51million. thanks

Hello! Today there’s a far-richer landscape of blockchain-oriented partners we can work with than there were on the horizon when we started the Publica project and defined a hard cap.

The hard cap was redefined and set before the public ICO. After consultations with key advisors and large-amount presale participants, we have redefined the ICO cap as small-medium-large and reduced it to minimum necessary amount for a platform development and marketing.
Activity: 588
Merit: 253
A Billion Stores, A Common Linkage?

People buy books from a lot of online stores around the world, and a lot of offline (paper) bookstores. Google knows about most of them. Some on maps, some on websites, some on both.
https://medium.com/@josefmarc/a-billion-stores-a-common-linkage-3a79579e992e
Hi there, can you tell me why the max cap change from 51million to 5million? i remembered that you said the max cap is 51million. thanks

Hello! Today there’s a far-richer landscape of blockchain-oriented partners we can work with than there were on the horizon when we started the Publica project and defined a hard cap.

The hard cap was redefined and set before the public ICO. After consultations with key advisors and large-amount presale participants, we have redefined the ICO cap as small-medium-large and reduced it to minimum necessary amount for a platform development and marketing.
Activity: 85
Coinmarketcap already did not updated, i cant see KuCoin exchange in markets!
Activity: 3
KuCoin is listing Publica (PBL) on December 7.

The trading markets include PBL/BTC and PBL/ETH. Users can start depositing PBL at 19:00 GMT+8 and trading at 20:00 GMT+8 December 7 .
Activity: 15
This guy hinting Publica going into an exchange this week, is this true? Any official confirmation of this?!

https://medium.com/@yourcryptomarketing/publica-aims-to-revolutionise-the-publishing-industry-with-blockchain-technology-efc0c46f3f2d
Activity: 180
Merit: 18
This project looks very nice for investment, I will invest in it! Let's see what will be the ROI in 1 month
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Sorry for a delayed greetings, Congrats! to PUBLICA beeb listed on Cryptopia.
Good luck PUBLICA, always watching you.

Best Regards

Okane Satoshi

Nice to see this project is trading on cryptopia, which is a good exchange.
Activity: 84
Crashing hard. I think.the coin has a ton of potential though. If it gets to around 7-8 cents I would buy.
Activity: 37
We want to thank Publica team for answering our questions. You can review answers from Publica team in PitchMyICO telegram bot. Good luck.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
Sorry for a delayed greetings, Congrats! to PUBLICA beeb listed on Cryptopia.
Good luck PUBLICA, always watching you.

Best Regards

Okane Satoshi
Activity: 41
Oтличный пpoэкт! Бyдy cлeдить
Activity: 15
Will the coin be listed on bigger exchanges in the near future?
Activity: 6
If another company (i.e., Amazon) were to decide that they like the idea of conveying book ownership rights via the blockchain, what's to stop them from just creating their own ERC20 token?  Are you relying on being first to market?  How will you gain traction with e-book readers?  Although I'm sure this project has plenty of early investors by now, I doubt they're all going to be avid consumers in PBL's actual book market.  

In this regard, I'm skeptical of being able to obtain legitimate adoption of the platform by authors and consumers alike.  It may just be the case that Publica is ahead of its time.  However, blockchain technology is still not widely used by the public at large, which has me questioning how this project will ever get into the hands of its target audience.  There's a lot of other projects in other fields that expressed very similar ambitious goals, and yet they've struggled to gain popular adoption.  So I'm skeptical that Publica will be able to bridge this gap where others have failed.  I feel like it would require cooperation with retailers one some level, which leads to me back to my opening question.

Still, this looks like a good project.  The the team looks really solid.  The whitepaper is generally well-written (a few couple grammar errors).  It's an original idea that tries to solve an actual problem, and the problem seems like one that blockchain is poised to solve.  

I can definitely sympathize with the problem that EULA's and other licensing arrangements can make on distributing digital copies.  Providing a means to irrevocably transfer ownership rights in e-books is very intriguing.  With that said, I'm hesitant as to whether the general audience for e-books: 1) is ready to embrace blockchain technology on such a wide scale, and 2) cares about the difference between license vs ownership.  As someone with a legal background, I can appreciate the difference.  But to the average consumer, is it really worth losing out on the convenience of just using Amazon (and only getting a license)?  Is the idea of true ownership really worth the hassle for people to learn how to use/operate an entirely new e-book platform and currency?

The whitepaper is extremely ambitious, so it'll be on the devs to consistently deliver on various goals.  If not, investors will lose confidence.  Best of luck!
Pages:
Jump to: