Author

Topic: [ANN] INFINITECOIN - UPDATE TO 1.8.8 visit INFINITECOIN.COM - page 178. (Read 154536 times)

Activity: 344
Merit: 250
Infinitecoin getting stronger Smiley
Activity: 350
Independent Cryptoveloper
The IFC android app (beta) will be updated before it is posted to Google Play.

The most relevant change will be the new transaction fee.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
MANDATORY 1.8.6 UPDATE RELEASED. THE 1.8.5 VERSION OF THE CLIENT WILL CEASE TO FUNCTION WITH THE UPDATED CLIENT NETWORK AT GMT: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 00:00:00 GMT. See the OP for details and change log. Thank you for everyone's support!

Shouldnt we have a separate thread for it? It will be more visible
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
MANDATORY 1.8.6 UPDATE RELEASED. THE 1.8.5 VERSION OF THE CLIENT WILL CEASE TO FUNCTION WITH THE UPDATED CLIENT NETWORK AT GMT: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 00:00:00 GMT. See the OP for details and change log. Thank you for everyone's support!
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Yesterday the infinitecointalk forums were compromised. We believe this was executed with an SQL injection attack. We are analyzing the system to make sure there aren't hidden back doors or other types of malware before restoring it. So far there is no indication that there was malware or user data theft, but as a precaution if you registered on the forum and use your password for any other services, please change it. We believe this may have been a deliberate attempt to effect the market at a low, bringing it even lower, as well as delay the release of 1.8.6. Clearly the market held its ground. It is wonderful to see everyone standing in solidarity against these panic tactics, and in the end it seems to have backfired proving to the world we can resist these attacks with minimal disruption of the market. Thank you everyone for your support.

Play close attention to this thread! 1.8.6 coming VERY soon!

Thanks for updating
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Yesterday the infinitecointalk forums were compromised. We believe this was executed with an SQL injection attack. We are analyzing the system to make sure there aren't hidden back doors or other types of malware before restoring it. So far there is no indication that there was malware or user data theft, but as a precaution if you registered on the forum and use your password for any other services, please change it. We believe this may have been a deliberate attempt to effect the market at a low, bringing it even lower, as well as delay the release of 1.8.6. Clearly the market held its ground. It is wonderful to see everyone standing in solidarity against these panic tactics, and in the end it seems to have backfired proving to the world we can resist these attacks with minimal disruption of the market. Thank you everyone for your support.

Play close attention to this thread! 1.8.6 coming VERY soon!
Follow Infinitecoin on coinmarketcap. It will take 11th place in 4-5 hours.
Activity: 350
Independent Cryptoveloper
The http://infinitecointalk.org site has been down a lot lately, at least when I try to access it.

I plan to publish a beta of the IFC Android Wallet on Google Play soon.
Activity: 257
I really like what I am hearing with this coin and wouldn't be surprised the least bit to see further renewed interest. Kudos to the new devs and good luck with a coin that has been with us longer than a majority of others. May even buy some of these myself.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
Will rise after Chinese New Year.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
After slow trading weekend, its time for Infinitecoin to lift off again.
Jump in now Smiley

you news you got ? Smiley
After slow trading weekend, its time for Infinitecoin to lift off again.
Jump in now Smiley
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
 First of all I would like to thank all of you INFINITECOIN  supporters out there. The last few months we have seen amazing growth, and HELD IT.  I never imagined IFC would turn the corner so fast and gather so much support in such a small period of time. Beyond everyone here working hard to develop, support the community, and run the forum, we largely have the Chinese user base to thank for showing INFINITECOIN so much support. I want you to know we hear you cheering for IFC, and once the client is brought up to grade, I will be working very hard to build bridges between our US development team, and our massive Chinese user base.

One thing I would like to do to show my commitment to this is to bring a Chinese resident on board the client development team. We are mostly looking for a party experienced with cryptocurrency development, networking, trading systems, C++, and Python. Due to our limited language skills we would require this person has basic English speaking and typing skills for the sake of efficiency working in projects. All development work will be paid for in IFC. Please join up at www.infinitecointalk.org and send me a message there if you are interested.

A lot of people have been asking for information on what is in store for 1.8.6. Let me give you a preview:

1. Advanced check pointing system to protect against a 51% attack. This will be a temporary measure until the full rebuild of 2.0 is completed. The block chain will be regularly monitored by the developers and regular checkpoints will be issued. This limits the effect of 51% attacks and makes recovery much faster and simpler. This will also include a warning message displayed in the client if issues are detected warning users to postpone transactions until the network is secured.

2. Transactions with large amounts of small outputs, also known as dust which slow the network and bloat the block chain size will now have a mandatory fee. Additionally there will be a fee for transactions over 1kb. This will not only make the network more efficient but will increase the incentive for miners to mine, raising the difficulty, and therefore making a 51% attack more difficult and costly to execute.

3. An optional default fee of 10 IFC will be set in the client for all transactions. This can be easily changed. I encourage you to pay this fee because it will strengthen the network. You will still have the option of setting it lower or even to zero in the client GUI if you must.

4. This version will include an installer which will support a web browser API which will automatically fill in the transaction information in the client with a click of a button. Simply click, sign in the client, and send. This will make setting up a cart system much simpler for merchants big and small.

There are a lot of other developments in store for INFINITECOIN and we are right on track to keep growing in the future. Support has materialized from many different places and we are in the right place at the right time to ride these harsh economic trends most of the world has been dealing with. Get some REAL  money today and protect your wealth while supporting your community. Get INFINITECOIN!
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
I also invested in IFC. I am curious about this coin, cause the whole coin cap is almost mined!
What will happen next? It's exciting  Smiley

This is now the main thread?!

Yes this is now the official thread for IFC as Fisheater the original developer stepped aside and left me as custodian of this coin due to his lack of available time to devote to developing it. Most of the coin cap is almost mined meaning IFC is now more scarce. We will compensate for this with higher transaction fees. We have taken care to try to minimize the impact this will have on IFC as a micro payment system. There are lots more features to be implemented in 1.8.6 to be released shortly. Keep your eyes on IFC. Good things in store for us real soon.

HI,I need an explanation。
Total about 90,600 millions coins (90.6 billion coins),why them have 95.0 billion coins
https://coinplorer.com/IFC/Addresses/0/Top

ifc,官方数据总量906亿

前20名的钱包持有745亿ifc,前50名持有950亿ifc

第2名钱包的币还在增加

http://exploretheblocks.com:2750/address/iK9WkPaopE1KMD9AS2EtbH5VuqCj4WXA1K

Please show where it says 95billion coins Huh

I have reviewed this and it appears to be nothing more than a rumor emanating from China in a slanderous attempt to manipulate the price. Don't be fooled.
Activity: 28
I also invested in IFC. I am curious about this coin, cause the whole coin cap is almost mined!

Yes this is now the official thread for IFC as Fisheater the original developer stepped aside and left me as custodian of this coin due to his lack of available time to devote to developing it. Most of the coin cap is almost mined meaning IFC is now more scarce. We will compensate for this with higher transaction fees. We have taken care to try to minimize the impact this will have on IFC as a micro payment system. There are lots more features to be implemented in 1.8.6 to be released shortly. Keep your eyes on IFC. Good things in store for us real soon.

Total about 90,600 millions coins (90.6 billion coins),why them have 95.0 billion coins

ifc,官方数据总量906亿

第2名钱包的币还在增加

Please show where it says 95billion coins Huh
Activity: 831
Merit: 500
BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor
I was looking at the capitalizations of coins this morning and realized that IFC only has 600M coins left to mine. Sounds like a lot until you realize there were 90.6B of them. That's less than 1% left to mine. The difficulty is going between 1 and 1.5 right now on IFC.scryptmining. That should take off sooner than one might think.

I have a few IFC now, but I will be definitely getting more in the coming weeks.
Activity: 13

ifc,官方数据总量906亿

第2名钱包的币还在增加

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I guess it's getting time to buy some of these coins. I see the price going steady up up up and i don't want to miss that train.

It will explode when it can be traded against btc on cryptsy.
Activity: 252
!!!INCAKOIN!!!
You guys have any thoughts on the problems I've mentioned - 51% attack + double spend = heist

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/analysis-altcoin-investing-423000

Seems like there is very little infrastructure for a coin with such a high market cap.

Same thing could be said about Bitcoin which is by the way in centralization crisis level's and its coin count is far lower than IFC's. IFC has a good group of guys working on it. Give it a chance you might like it.

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/9402/mining-pool-centralization-crisis-levels/
Jump to: