Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN - INFO] Project Icarus: The forum redemption story 🔐 - page 7. (Read 3739 times)

Activity: 528
Merit: 532
Great people make great projects...
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
Looking forward to it
copper member
Activity: 192
Merit: 7
I’ll take a few!! Good job fellas!
Activity: 703
Merit: 1006
Greetings from San Francisco!  Wink

I'm happy to see the positive responses to this thread. I'm aware that it was risky to even mention Cold Key again.

All four of us put our reputation on the line to spearhead this.

Let's make something we can all be proud of!
Activity: 1941
Merit: 375
Cryptoshi Blockomoto
I wish you (the whole team) all the best & I am looking forward to your first release !!!

Keep up the good work  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 3596
Project Icoinarus Cheesy

Good luck
copper member
Activity: 379
Merit: 252
I'm definitely in here🍀🤗... The idea to integrate gold in the cards sounds nice
Activity: 627
Merit: 208
Belgian based crypto-enthusiast
You guys piqued my interest, sign me up for a test run  Cheesy
Activity: 1098
Merit: 534
Ohhh I like this that sounds fun. Why then don't we just take it back to the basics and prescribe each card with silver and gold grams imbedded into the artwork? I love Valcambi. Valambi Icarus has a nice ring to it doesn't it! Gold and silver grams also hold value and could be a great way to bring crypto and precious metals together under one card, maybe down the road could add in DIY key generation somehow or maybe have another solution for the loading of any crypto value to this new card venture. Any who I thought it would be fun to chime in with that. Can get creative with it, even get some metals exchanges involved?!
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3235
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.

Thanks and good to hear. Have you considered renaming the brand to ColdCrypto? Or still staying with the old name?

you can already see the new brand name in the thread title Cool

Gotcha!!   Like old greek mytholgical names. Nice choice. Godspeed
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Cashback 15%

Thanks and good to hear. Have you considered renaming the brand to ColdCrypto? Or still staying with the old name?

you can already see the new brand name in the thread title Cool
Activity: 1211
Merit: 135
Krogothmanhattan alt account
This is an exciting amazing idea, I plan to support this project at every stage starting at the ground floor 😀
happy to read this! Smiley

From the ashes rises the Phoenix...would love to see the artwork I sent be part of this.

Will be a customer for sure.

you can be 100% sure ... all designs received for the upcoming Coldkey editions will now be released under Icarus ... just give us some time Wink

legendary
Cashback 15%
This is an exciting amazing idea, I plan to support this project at every stage starting at the ground floor 😀
happy to read this! Smiley

From the ashes rises the Phoenix...would love to see the artwork I sent be part of this.

you can be 100% sure ... all designs received for the upcoming Coldkey editions will now be released under Icarus ... just give us some time Wink
Merit: 135
Krogothmanhattan alt account

copper member
Merit: 250
legendary
Cashback 15%
Project Icarus: The forum redemption story

the situation with Coldkey shook this group down to the core. the financial loss incurred was bad enough. worse however, was the dark shadow cast on users and makers. the future looks bleak.

however, such turmoil can be seen as an opportunity to evolve. Polymerbit reached out to me about an idea. what if we took everything that was good about coldkey - and saved it, while fixing the bad.

main problems found in Coldkey:

1) don’t trust, verify. now proven for all members.
2) collectors’ premiums can be destroyed overnight with malpractice
3) general unreliability leads to a snowball effect

with this post, we’d like to introduce you all to project Icarus.

together with Xprim777 (original founder), polymerbit (advisor & designer), owlcatz (distributor) and myself (CEO), we want to create something better from the ashes of the old. each of us were involved with Coldkey to some degree and have strong connections with the forum.

project Icarus is based on the greek mythology of ‘flying too close to the sun’. by inherently trusting the keys, we all got burnt.

Icarus will focus on bringing back cards at an affordable price point, while ditching traditional keys. this will have a fundamental impact on the risk to users.

stage 1: introduction of keyless cards under $15
stage 2: development and incorporation of BIP38 options

initially, the cards will not be used as cold storage wallets but as a kind of canvas - the quality of the cards will be as high as the old ones!

in any case, the editions (which would’ve been released by Coldkey in the future) will now be released under Icarus ... a new logo is also already in development.

this announcement should also serve as an info for those who loved Coldkey and cared a lot about the cards. those who were directly affected by the crash will have initial priority on the lower serial numbers and will receive additional goodies.

past or current Icarus sales/auction threads:

[SALE] Icarus Sticker Edition Cards 🔐
[AUCTION - 84 Lots] Icarus Sticker Edition Gold/Silver/Copper Cards 🔐
[SALE] Icarus Timeline Edition 10/2023 (designed by mx12.levins)🔐🕰️
Pages:
Jump to: