Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] | Introducing ELASTOS | Future of Decentralized Internet - page 10. (Read 8428 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Hello everybody. Who knows, please explain to me how Blockchain and dapps can live independently without one another?
Activity: 924
Merit: 255

All correctly do or make on a stock exchange. The main thing that everything went smoothly, and then in the last time updates are delayed and sometimes there are failures. For any project, this is the most vulnerable time that hackers and other individuals who want to harm the project can use. I still believe that its potential is not fully disclosed.

Yea I agree you may be onto something this project really intrigues me and it is very possible that they did not fully disclose everything the project can do and that is very smart on their part. I still wish they had a better wallet to store the coins atm though I don't really feel to comfortable with my $ sitting in just a web wallet that should be the first thing they do is make a better/safer wallet. And/or get integrated with ledger/trezor. No one still knows if there is a safer wallet alternative?

The project team at the moment shows itself from the best side. I would in their place have arranged a championship for hackers and for those who read the code well. For the sake of such a business there must be enough money.
Activity: 187
CHINA GOV is clearing up the illegal ICO projects,ELASTOS affected?
Activity: 83
Merit: 3

All correctly do or make on a stock exchange. The main thing that everything went smoothly, and then in the last time updates are delayed and sometimes there are failures. For any project, this is the most vulnerable time that hackers and other individuals who want to harm the project can use. I still believe that its potential is not fully disclosed.

Yea I agree you may be onto something this project really intrigues me and it is very possible that they did not fully disclose everything the project can do and that is very smart on their part. I still wish they had a better wallet to store the coins atm though I don't really feel to comfortable with my $ sitting in just a web wallet that should be the first thing they do is make a better/safer wallet. And/or get integrated with ledger/trezor. No one still knows if there is a safer wallet alternative?
Activity: 924
Merit: 255
Elastos (ELA) Deposits and Withdrawals Temporarily Closed
KuCoin users,
Due to Elastos (ELA) wallet system upgrade, we have decided to temporarily close deposits and withdrawals for ELA. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during the upgrade.
https://news.kucoin.com/en/elastos-ela-deposits-and-withdrawals-temporarily-closed-2/

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
Wow this post got some meaty details on it since last time I was here!

Elastos take over
copper member
Activity: 154
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
Elastos (ELA) Deposits and Withdrawals Temporarily Closed
KuCoin users,
Due to Elastos (ELA) wallet system upgrade, we have decided to temporarily close deposits and withdrawals for ELA. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during the upgrade.
https://news.kucoin.com/en/elastos-ela-deposits-and-withdrawals-temporarily-closed-2/
Activity: 12
why so little news about this project I read that
1. Almost endless scalability. Such projects technically have the ability to handle millions of transactions per second.

2. Almost endless decentralization. So the voting process should take place with at least 10-100 thousand votes. voting.

3. Low energy use. Currently, bitcoin consumes 30 terawatt hours of energy with about 50 million users. This is electricity consumption at the level of a small country like Ireland. All banks taken together consume 100 Terawatt hours of energy. By the way, if 5 billion people used bitcoin, then it would consume 3000 Tera-hours, 300 times more than all banks put together, which makes Bitcoin completely useless as a global currency!

4. Almost immediate transactions. So the transaction should be confirmed within a maximum of 3 seconds. 10 seconds is already a lot, it can cause a network clogging.

5. No restrictions. It's mainly about two: the first is the lack of third parties that set the rules on how to vote, thus giving permission to vote. The second is the lack of connections in the matter of trust, meaning nodes do not have to trust each other to participate in the vote. Whenever there are two limitations (third parties expressing permission to vote and the need for trust between nodes), then cartels are formed, lobbying and many other negative matters take place.

6. No fees. However, this is not as important as the above 5 points.

Currently, only 3 cryptocurrencies meet these criteria:

Ethereum (soon after the implementation of Casper, Raiden, Plasma and Shardingu), IOTA and Elastos.
also does anyone know if there is a better wallet to store elastos? Not one on the web more secure or something like that?
The Elastos Foundation is pleased to announce that the first Elastos Ecosystem Collaboration Project Airdrop will be Bit.Game. On August 21st, 160 million BGX (BIT.GAME tokens) will be airdropped to ELA holders.

http://elanews.net/2018/08/09/elastos-ecosystem-airdrop-bit-game/

HA! SEE I knew there was an airdrop funny how no one knew about it?!?! Now how can I add my erc 20 address to my elastos wallet??

Thanks to you pointing out about the airdrop I checked the ELA wallet for the first time. The just added a button in the SETTINGS page of the ELA web wallet in which you can write your ERC-20 compatible address.

Yea it's there now I'm gonna be buying some more elastos as soon as I make a few trades and will be registering my address Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008
Stoned & Stranged
The Elastos Foundation is pleased to announce that the first Elastos Ecosystem Collaboration Project Airdrop will be Bit.Game. On August 21st, 160 million BGX (BIT.GAME tokens) will be airdropped to ELA holders.

HA! SEE I knew there was an airdrop funny how no one knew about it?!?! Now how can I add my erc 20 address to my elastos wallet??

Thanks to you pointing out about the airdrop I checked the ELA wallet for the first time. The just added a button in the SETTINGS page of the ELA web wallet in which you can write your ERC-20 compatible address.
Activity: 80
Merit: 1
btc : 3Jp5nAY7S7dKg1hJ7jeZJdAQ9VWszVPBBX
interesting project , but what is the difference between elastos and substratum ?
copper member
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
HEROIC.com | The Future of AI-Powered Cybersecurit
Elastos tech team will be updating the wallet 10:30-13:00 UTC on August 13th 2018. During this period, the wallet will have network errors, balance queries, and transfer exceptions, and everything will return to normal once the technology upgrades.
https://twitter.com/Elastos_org/status/1028961174472273920
Activity: 406
Where are the main reasons there are no smart contracts on the main chain of Elastos? Isn;t it arguable that having smart contract offchain is less decentralized?

Activity: 434
Merit: 109

Activity: 980
Merit: 512
Thats one of the key points for our success. We need projects to build on Elastos so our smart web gets adopted. Personally Im very excited about ioeX and viewchain. These projects are something what can push out from this crypto bubble to the real world and bring people to use Elastos smart web.
Activity: 77
Someone dived into sirin labs? Are there things in common with Elastos?
Good question.
Cannot seem to find a comparison of their OS vs Elastos, however I believe Ela encompasses more.
SirinOS is a modified Android. They are more into making their own hardware than software
Activity: 30
I am wondering how will Elastos make sure that its sidechains will have good enough consensus' to make sidechains scalable and not congested. Will there be some kind of minimum technical capabilities for other projects which want to join Elastos platform?
Developers are free to chose whatever consensus mechanism they like for sidechains. It‘s not about making one single chain scalable but to make the ecosystem scalable. Not every use case requires high tps. There are lots of use cases which require highest possible security and 1tps is more enough for them. Others who need much more tps will chose another consensus mechanism.
Didn't across straight to mind but very true that tps is very case by case issue depending on the project
Activity: 41
Where can I get information about ELA mining?
What is merge mining? Block time and size of ELA etc..
Pages:
Jump to: