Author

Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today! - page 329. (Read 473125 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
The API is gonna link to Apple Google and Ionnomy.

What I don't know.....

Is this a bit of innovation or do other companies offer the same. I also heard that later the API is going to be made available to external devs to do there own thing

So in other words: Your Paycoin investment will finally pay off when ION goes to the moon thanks to the API being used by game developers all over the world. Soon.
Just one question: Why would all these game devs use ION in their they're there games instead of Bitcoins or Dollars?

So in other words: Your Paycoin investment will finally pay off when ION goes to the moon thanks to the API being used by game developers all over the world. Soon.

No the API is just one element of IONOMY.

Just one question: Why would all these game devs use ION in their they're there games instead of Bitcoins or Dollars?

Independent games developers.

Think unity gaming engine but applied to the monetization of their game for an indie this would be a major benefit

So the Ionomy is like Unity now??

Here are a few details about Unity: Supported platforms include Unity Web Player, Facebook, Apple TV, BlackBerry 10, Wii, Wii U, Windows Phone 8, Android,  iOS, Linux, Nintendo 3DS, OS X, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Windows, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. So Unity is not an API, it includes several APIs such as Direct3D on Windows and Xbox 360, OpenGL on Mac, Linux, and Windows, OpenGL ES on Android and iOS, and several proprietary APIs on video game consoles. It also includes an asset server and Nvidia's PhysX physics engine. Unity allows specification of texture compression and resolution settings for each of these platforms and it provides support for bump mapping, reflection mapping, parallax mapping, screen space ambient occlusion, dynamic shadows using shadow maps, render-to-texture and full-screen post-processing effects.

How exactly is the Ionomy API like Unity? What are the things it can do?

It isn't.
API ≠ game engine : API = Application Programming Interface (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_programming_interface). Its a communication layer so protocols and subroutines can talk to each other better.

I'm not surprised any of the ION members don't know really what an API is or how they work.
Its going to be hilarious when they launch, the environment will chew them up and spit them out  Cheesy

@bizzyb This is a good example of the new type platforms/distributors forming now. Moving through OpenGL and Java, nice. There will be probably be one catering to Bitcoin, Ethereum, and a 3rd top coin. Thank you for stopping by but I am flagging your post as it doesn't belong here and your advertising.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

What I don't know.....

Is this a bit of innovation or do other companies offer the same. I also heard that later the API is going to be made available to external devs to do there own thing

Think unity gaming engine but applied to the monetization of their game for an indie this would be a major benefit

So the Ionomy is like Unity now??

Here are a few details about Unity: Supported platforms include Unity Web Player, Facebook, Apple TV, BlackBerry 10, Wii, Wii U, Windows Phone 8, Android,  iOS, Linux, Nintendo 3DS, OS X, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Windows, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. So Unity is not an API, it includes several APIs such as Direct3D on Windows and Xbox 360, OpenGL on Mac, Linux, and Windows, OpenGL ES on Android and iOS, and several proprietary APIs on video game consoles. It also includes an asset server and Nvidia's PhysX physics engine. Unity allows specification of texture compression and resolution settings for each of these platforms and it provides support for bump mapping, reflection mapping, parallax mapping, screen space ambient occlusion, dynamic shadows using shadow maps, render-to-texture and full-screen post-processing effects.

How exactly is the Ionomy API like Unity? What are the things it can do?

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

What I don't know.....

its because everyone wants to give team ION all their money/ideas/technical skills because they are nice, come on... wouldn't u want to write apps for some nice people

Isn't this how the world works ?

That's how cults work. "The world" in general is a bit more nuanced than that. Being nice is... well, nice, but you typically need more than that to gain trust and build a business unless your "business" is a flat out confidence scam.
Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

What I don't know.....

its because everyone wants to give team ION all their money/ideas/technical skills because they are nice, come on... wouldn't u want to write apps for some nice people

Isn't this how the world works ?

What I don't know.....

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

What I don't know.....

To be fair i'll answer this in an ideal world.
In an ideal world if ionomy was actually popular and had a huge user base a dev might want to run through their api to leverage the user base and advertising etc.

However none of that exists and its a big ask for 33% of your profit. The ionomy api has been stated to take 33% of your price and then split that over coin buying on exchanges (kinda like a floor program) and 66% to other things.

However its essentially just a layer on top of google play store and ios app store if and thats a big IF it doesn't get removed. Basically as a dev you pay apple 30% of each dollar for their store use and distribution point. Ionomy would like you to use their api so they can take another 33% (higher than apple) so essentially in the end you get 37% or 37 cents in the dollar.

Why you would use your talent to give over 50% to both apple and ionomy together is anyones guess. Apple i can see as the exposure and their store tech etc its obvious... ionomy... meh they really aren't giving you 33% of each dollar in value. Sure you could prebuy ion and hope 1/3 of that 33% goes back to you in profit gains but lets face it with the stakers etc there are lots of people waiting in line to take those.

Its a flawed model that hasn't been thought out and the costings quite high. If they were smart they'd run the api and scheme at a cost neutral point or 0 cost to get people first then slowly raise it when people see proper value if there is any. They have ico funds etc so no need to be greedy on more funds.

My opinion is the api no matter how great they think is just a link between ios/google purchases and sending some coins/money to exchanges to buy/sell. Regardless of how concrete it is it offers not much to devs and basically is run so that devs provide value to ion.

It'll fail spectacularly. When first released i suspect there will be a spike on buyers because everyone will want it to go ahead but it won't sustain itself. It'll drop off after a brief spike.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

What I don't know.....

I never said you doctored it and no I'm not going to highlight the bits that were changed

Here is your statement:

This post looks like it's been doctored as it uses words and phrases that aren't in my vocabulary.... I never use the word digress sometimes digest but never digress so can't really comment

Now I'm starting to get a feeling that you didn't read the bottom part of this post, maybe just skimmed through it:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16224931

... and for some reason you thought I was quoting you and the quote is "doctored". That's the only recent place where I can recall using "digress". Is that what's happening here? You think that my post about the API is your "doctored" quote?

@kken01 the smiley face is bringing back great memories, you can add Garza's hair, I'm sure Paul Revere won't mind  Grin

@korvas - note that this text under the horizontal line doesn't mean you're being "doctored", I'm just combining posts to comply with serial posting rules.

I never said you doctored it and no I'm not going to highlight the bits that were changed

Here is your statement:

This post looks like it's been doctored as it uses words and phrases that aren't in my vocabulary.... I never use the word digress sometimes digest but never digress so can't really comment

Now I'm starting to get a feeling that you didn't read the bottom part of this post, maybe just skimmed through it:

... and for some reason you thought I was quoting you and the quote is "doctored". That's the only recent place where I can recall using "digress". Is that what's happening here? You think that my post about the API is your "doctored" quote?

@kken01 the smiley face is bringing back great memories, you can add Garza's hair, I'm sure Paul Revere won't mind  Grin

@korvas - note that this text under the horizontal line doesn't mean you're being "doctored", I'm just combining posts to comply with serial posting rules.

Living in the land of Supposition......

Suchmoon

Looking at your post again I can confirm it's not been doctored, You've actually made the whole thing up  Smiley.

The is something I don't really give a shit about as I guess you wanted me to comment otherwise you wouldn't have sent it. So lets break this down and I'll give it a shot.... black = your words

So the API. The main reason for the game to be delayed for three months. Because the API integration needs to be secure etc.

I know the API isn't something just for Gravity to link to one store. The API is gonna link to Apple Google and Ionnomy.

What I don't know.....

Is this a bit of innovation or do other companies offer the same. I also heard that later the API is going to be made available to external devs to do there own thing which I think is pretty cool because it means they don't need to create  just implement

I think I even remember the DAO debacle being brought up as a scarecrow for what happens when APIs are not secure, although that has nothing to do with anything... but I digress.

Do you, in crpypto seems to be a debacle every over week  Angry

I could go on but this is becoming painful..... 

Here is your statement:

Well done
legendary

Here is your statement:

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1009
they fulfilled one promise. cloudmining @ their xpy.io platform.. too bad it robbed people of their money by creating contracts that would never ROI
great success story

we can ignore paycoin for now since we know it was a failed project these 'nice people' tried to revive with great promises of wealth. dead as a door nail. actually, they only wanted to keep the customers so they could sell more snake oil to them

so lets take a look at another snake oil project from the same people (lots of similarities with ion). bitlend
never appeared in gov business lookup services (supposedly located in dubai) - same as ion (supposedly located in singapore)
didnt answer questions because reasons - same as ion
super duper secret plans - same as ion
abused gaw db - same as ion (eg. emailing people who never signed up for ionomy. illegal practices are what these people specialize in)

who were the people involved:
So, which person with access to the GAW customer database is pulling the latest scam phishing attempt relating to the GAWsuit? The following list of people involved in Bitlend.io are all possible culprits.

D. Allen Shinners aka Allen1980s
Joe Mordica aka Honest Joe
Adam Matlack aka Huey ; The Disciple Maker ; Josh Garza's BBFL
Matthew K Eden aka MK It now appears that this Paycoin Creep is part of Bitlend.io as well
Jason Sponaugle aka Simdude
Richard Nelson aka CeForce
Eric Kraus aka Kraus3742
Michael J. Koerner aka Korfax Michael claims to be promoting Bitlend.io. for free

matlack working with mordica?! (that makes it the 4th company where those 2 worked together. they really must hate each other  Roll Eyes). ceforce works for ion now and it woudnt surprise me that korfax is hidden there somewhere. once a while they recycle these people to other projects or dump them. after this great lending company died ion was launched! great more snake oil for the people

here is another ion dev team member being part of a now collapsed ponzi :

just few short examples why to avoid these people but all in all here is this shit show in a nutshell

ion small time investors are getting the shaft from these whales that have secret information & guide the project forward. i hope you can salvage some of that btc. there is no reason to throw good money after bad

"No" meaning you haven't done any due dilligence, or "no" meaning you can't tell us? Why?

No It's living document always changing

No People wouldn't understand it. Not saying they are stupid, I'm saying that this is something developed just for ME

No Anyone asking me to publish this is like asking me to publish my bank accounts details

You stayed with Paycoin all the way:
So why wouldn't you already know what promises were made:

Bullet point those promises and lets review

And I have absolutely no clue what you're saying below, what has been "doctored"?

Doctored = change the content or appearance of (a document or picture) in order to deceive; falsify.

Not all my words so use something else as I can't understand you point so it's difficult for me to understand what you want me to comment on

Ok. So you can't show your "due diligence" because... reasons. Me being my stupid me I obviously don't understand but whatever.

Re promises - that wasn't even the question. I'm just asking WHY you - being involved with Paycoin all the way - don't know those promises. Sounds like you're trying to say that you do know but still would expect someone else to post them. Again, I was just checking how good you're with "due diligence" but looks like that's not going anywhere.

I know what "doctored" means. I'm asking what was "doctored"? You seem to be making a claim that I "doctored" something, what is it?

Ok. So you can't show your "due diligence" because... reasons. Me being my stupid me I obviously don't understand but whatever.

I don't think your stupid

Due Diligence is a process not a document but more importantly is personal to me

Re promises - that wasn't even the question. I'm just asking WHY you - being involved with Paycoin all the way - don't know those promises. Sounds like you're trying to say that you do know but still would expect someone else to post them. Again, I was just checking how good you're with "due diligence" but looks like that's not going anywhere.

Yep until I get more detail I can't answer

I know what "doctored" means. I'm asking what was "doctored"? You seem to be making a claim that I "doctored" something, what is it?

legendary
"No" meaning you haven't done any due dilligence, or "no" meaning you can't tell us? Why?

No People wouldn't understand it. Not saying they are stupid, I'm saying that this is something developed just for ME

No Anyone asking me to publish this is like asking me to publish my bank accounts details

And I have absolutely no clue what you're saying below, what has been "doctored"?

Doctored = change the content or appearance of (a document or picture) in order to deceive; falsify.

Not all my words so use something else as I can't understand you point so it's difficult for me to understand what you want me to comment on

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500
What is causing the spike in price of ION ? but the volume is quite low

Could you please provide a little data to support your question/statement? what do you define as "spike" or "quite low"?

Here is the data I think you were referring to:

As a whale living in Ionomy things are starting to happen people are getting excited and the little volume available on YoBit is being snapped up, think of it as a pulse.

Wow!!!

Like $1000 volume during a BTC pump and dump that left the price right back at 15 cents per coin (which is the price at the time it was when you posted that old picture) good try captain shill.

Edit: More looking at the chart, Jesus what a mess.

.4 btc spent pumping, someone sells about 5.4 ION (for .001 btc) and the price is right back down where it was. Buy 150 ion to raise the price, sell 6 and it's back down.

Nothing is actually happening, there is just so little interest in the coin that tiny purchases make huge noise on charts.

Thanks for taking the time to provide a detailed answer on how to interpret a spike with low volume in an exchange...
You keep repeating "due diligence" and how what people are suggesting here is not good enough or not relevant, but what HAVE you actually done towards due diligence? Can you just lay out the bullet points for everyone to see?

No

So for example you stayed with Paycoin and xpy.io and just recently you asked here what were the promises that the "team" made with regards to XPY. Isn't that something you should be able to tell us?

I don't understand your point, you need to give me some more context so I can  

I didn't get out of the paycoin shenanigans quite the opposite I just reduced my exposure. As a lurker I lived through everything warts and all  
I've been with XPY.io since the start as loyal customer hence the whales status.

what about all those promises matlack & his team made for paycoin? they never materialized + theres a series of failed crypto attempts from them and their circle

Again nothing to do with ION

But lets drill into the detail what promises did Mattlack make show me what you have and lets have a debate.  

Before you share remember I'm a nice guy who just wants to build a puzzle  Smiley

Anyway, I was going to make a different point, which is the ionomy API, just the "due diligence" thing sticks out every time I read it in one of your posts.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

Could you please provide a little data to support your question/statement? what do you define as "spike" or "quite low"?

As a whale living in Ionomy things are starting to happen people are getting excited and the little volume available on YoBit is being snapped up, think of it as a pulse.

Wow!!!

Like $1000 volume during a BTC pump and dump that left the price right back at 15 cents per coin (which is the price at the time it was when you posted that old picture) good try captain shill.

Edit: More looking at the chart, Jesus what a mess.

.4 btc spent pumping, someone sells about 5.4 ION (for .001 btc) and the price is right back down where it was. Buy 150 ion to raise the price, sell 6 and it's back down.

Nothing is actually happening, there is just so little interest in the coin that tiny purchases make huge noise on charts.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

Looks like the spike drove the price of ION to 30 cents...

legendary
You keep repeating "due diligence" and how what people are suggesting here is not good enough or not relevant, but what HAVE you actually done towards due diligence? Can you just lay out the bullet points for everyone to see?

No

So for example you stayed with Paycoin and xpy.io and just recently you asked here what were the promises that the "team" made with regards to XPY. Isn't that something you should be able to tell us?

I didn't get out of the paycoin shenanigans quite the opposite I just reduced my exposure. As a lurker I lived through everything warts and all  
I've been with XPY.io since the start as loyal customer hence the whales status.

what about all those promises matlack & his team made for paycoin? they never materialized + theres a series of failed crypto attempts from them and their circle

Again nothing to do with ION

But lets drill into the detail what promises did Mattlack make show me what you have and lets have a debate.  

Before you share remember I'm a nice guy who just wants to build a puzzle  Smiley

Anyway, I was going to make a different point, which is the ionomy API, just the "due diligence" thing sticks out every time I read it in one of your posts.

Agree but for me just using numbers for due diligence is not wrong it's just not enough.  

So the API. The main reason for the game to be delayed for three months. Because the API integration needs to be secure etc. I think I even remember the DAO debacle being brought up as a scarecrow for what happens when APIs are not secure, although that has nothing to do with anything... but I digress. The API integration in Gravity is at 80%. Presumably that means the API has now existed for a while, at least I haven't seen anything being mentioned about the API itself still needing development. Is that the case? Does the API exist? Is there a spec for it? A test endpoint? Wouldn't the community have interest in providing feedback on the API because that seems to be the main thing that will generate revenue for ionomy, right?

The other somewhat related thought is that I can't remember any job I worked at or any job that anyone did for me where the following wouldn't result in someone being fired:

1) Someone is working on a 1-month project with a deadline of mid-June
2) mid-June comes and goes without so much as a squeak - this is where firing usually happens
3) Sometime in July the "someone" says "security, boo, scary, more months needed" - this is where firing definitely happens if it didn't happen above
4) Sometime in September people are still totally cool with "someone" still working on the project and no substantial updates on the status - yeah, I know, most IT projects miss their deadlines by miles, but we're talking about a "game every month" thing here and not Duke Nukem or an ERP system for a Fortune 500 company. Seriously.

Now I really wanna see that monstrous API that needs so much "integration".

No

legendary
Agree but for me just using numbers for due diligence is not wrong it's just not enough.  

So the API. The main reason for the game to be delayed for three months. Because the API integration needs to be secure etc. I think I even remember the DAO debacle being brought up as a scarecrow for what happens when APIs are not secure, although that has nothing to do with anything... but I digress. The API integration in Gravity is at 80%. Presumably that means the API has now existed for a while, at least I haven't seen anything being mentioned about the API itself still needing development. Is that the case? Does the API exist? Is there a spec for it? A test endpoint? Wouldn't the community have interest in providing feedback on the API because that seems to be the main thing that will generate revenue for ionomy, right?

The other somewhat related thought is that I can't remember any job I worked at or any job that anyone did for me where the following wouldn't result in someone being fired:

1) Someone is working on a 1-month project with a deadline of mid-June
2) mid-June comes and goes without so much as a squeak - this is where firing usually happens
3) Sometime in July the "someone" says "security, boo, scary, more months needed" - this is where firing definitely happens if it didn't happen above
4) Sometime in September people are still totally cool with "someone" still working on the project and no substantial updates on the status - yeah, I know, most IT projects miss their deadlines by miles, but we're talking about a "game every month" thing here and not Duke Nukem or an ERP system for a Fortune 500 company. Seriously.

Now I really wanna see that monstrous API that needs so much "integration".
Jump to: