Author

Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto - page 133. (Read 149780 times)

Kzh
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
DEV POST
What exchanges does the community want to see Iridium on? I've been looking and most charge a fee, apart from Bittrex.
Should we go for Bittrex first? Or begin collecting funds for another exchange such as Cryptopia? Let me know guys, and i'll try and sort something out.

I'm also going to start adding "DEV POST" to the top of my posts so you guys can easily find my announcements.

+1 for DEV TAG, easyer to see your posts.

Bittrex exchange is a great choice.
Poloniex, Kraken and Cryptopia too.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
ANNOUNCMENT:

The Iridium Project Slack is now available to join! https://join.slack.com/t/iridium-project/shared_invite/MjM5MzA5MzMxNTUyLTE1MDUyMzU2OTQtOWViZTRkZDI0Zg

The Iridium Project Twitter page has also been launched! https://twitter.com/iridiumCash

I have also completed the submission form to get Iridium on Bittrex, I will notify you all when staff reply, which may take a while.
Since Cryptopia was the #2 choice, I am now looking at their coin submission procedure.
Wow  Shocked

What happened to the difficulty?

The more miners, the more coin is mined, the higher the difficulty gets. I was making 1,000-2,000 per day two days ago, now, I'm not even getting above 600, with the same hashrate

Yep, I was making 10 000 per day and now only 4500/day

Bittrex is the best option in my opinion. I hope IRD will reach the half of the Monero price in 2019 Tongue than with my amount of IRD = lifetime vacations

IRD will go nowhere without a proper website (99 designs is fine dev) a whitepaper, roadmap, some sort of active development and a good community. Right now, seems like a good community, lots of miners and positive people on the board, but website should be #1 to at least get a basic page up with links to wallets, not to mention social media, slack, twitter, come on dev.. Tongue

IRD will go far with it's limited coin supply and Cryptonote, but it will die without any help. I'd say Dev should post bounties for help with website, social, media, and of course media content down the road, but it's hard to make videos on IRD when there's basically no information about it. Best possible way to get people in the same convo is Slack, it's a good community builder and unites the people that want to help with the project.

I'm working on the basic website now (bounty of 500IRD is out for a decent looking website), and I will make a Slack channel and an official twitter for greater outreach.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
looking to buy IRD, interested sellers pm me. Smiley

1000 sts each, pm me if you agreed. Thanks.
Activity: 31
Wow  Shocked

The more miners, the more coin is mined, the higher the difficulty gets. I was making 1,000-2,000 per day two days ago, now, I'm not even getting above 600, with the same hashrate

Bittrex is the best option in my opinion. I hope IRD will reach the half of the Monero price in 2019 Tongue than with my amount of IRD = lifetime vacations

Yeah, this is worrying me too. I made 200 coins pretty fast this weekend, but now I'm barely hitting 40-50 in a whole day of mining. Not that I have a very good mining rig, but I can't keep this up with a difficulty at this level already...
Activity: 198
Wow  Shocked

IRD will go nowhere without a proper website (99 designs is fine dev) a whitepaper, roadmap, some sort of active development and a good community. Right now, seems like a good community, lots of miners and positive people on the board, but website should be #1 to at least get a basic page up with links to wallets, not to mention social media, slack, twitter, come on dev.. Tongue

IRD will go far with it's limited coin supply and Cryptonote, but it will die without any help. I'd say Dev should post bounties for help with website, social, media, and of course media content down the road, but it's hard to make videos on IRD when there's basically no information about it. Best possible way to get people in the same convo is Slack, it's a good community builder and unites the people that want to help with the project.

Activity: 103
Wow  Shocked

Activity: 1078
Merit: 500
looking to buy IRD, interested sellers pm me. Smiley
Activity: 322
Activity: 38
Have anyone been able to get CPU mining going in Windows?
Which miner and config did you use?

Claymore which is linked at pools dont work with Iridium.
Also tried a couple others.

yes, they work in windows, minerd should work but the best is xmr-stak-cpu but be careful not to
download something with a trojan in it and read the instructions when configuring.

Could you share your config? I found it hard to config this miner.

the only thing I modified in the config file was the cpu threads (I have a 8 core/16 thread ryzen so for a quad core you only use 0,2,4,6)

"cpu_threads_conf" :
[
 { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
 { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 2 },
 { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 4 },
 { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 6 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 8 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 10 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 12 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 14 },

],

and the pool address and my wallet address with the ports (they are lower in the file).

Password remains x, so everything else remains the same.

For increased hashes you will have to follow the instructions in the file regarding  LARGE PAGE SUPPORT . Be careful when adding the users in the dialog box - you have to pick them from the list
(there is a button there. I placed there "administrators" and "everybody" because it didn't work with just my normal user). After that when you start xmr-stack-cpu.exe run it "as administrator"
and it will take advantage of the large pages.
Activity: 196
Wow  Shocked

Hi dev,
I'm running this pool irdpool. tk. But today its pay very long time.
Now is 22:41:00 but I cant received any IRD since 19:39:36?!!
19:39:36, 12/9/2017   
18:25:20, 12/9/2017   
17:56:50, 12/9/2017
14:50:49, 12/9/2017   
13:46:18, 12/9/2017   
13:26:48, 12/9/2017

Thanks

This is because [Suspicious link removed] has a low hashrate compared to other pools, since people have not been splitting hashrates equally, if more people moved to the pool, it would be quicker to find blocks.
However, in the long term, this makes no difference on the amount of IRD you will recieve, since it should all balance out in the long term.
Activity: 198
Hi dev,

Thanks

Mine77 and Globalpool.cc are completely misleading with their hash rates and payouts. I've used all 3 and irdpool.tk is the only one that actually shows correct hash and pays often. Something is up with Mine77 and Globalpool be wary.
Activity: 196
DEV POST
What exchanges does the community want to see Iridium on? I've been looking and most charge a fee, apart from Bittrex.
Should we go for Bittrex first? Or begin collecting funds for another exchange such as Cryptopia? Let me know guys, and i'll try and sort something out.

I'm also going to start adding "DEV POST" to the top of my posts so you guys can easily find my announcements.

Bitrex is preferred, Cryptopia would be second. I don't prefer yobit, but it's a 3rd option.
Activity: 13
Hi dev,

Thanks
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Here is my config for a Windows Server 2012 box

minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://[Suspicious link removed]:3333 -u -p x -t 24
Activity: 462
Merit: 118

yes, they work in windows, minerd should work but the best is xmr-stak-cpu but be careful not to
download something with a trojan in it and read the instructions when configuring.

Could you share your config? I found it hard to config this miner.
Activity: 224
Website?
coinmarketcap?
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk
Activity: 38

Jump to: