Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto - page 20. (Read 149779 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Where can I see how many coins are mined?
Activity: 11
Activity: 104
No prevision for algorithm change date?
Activity: 426
Merit: 11
any news about fork?
Activity: 307
Merit: 101
edit : I use it sometimes as counter measure against attacks

Ah, the guilty conscience. Remember, every time you nicehash, Satoshi kills a kitten Tongue

Can confirm. Nicehash is run by satanist lizard illuminati criminal botnet herders.

I thought the guy is just a known criminal who served several years in prison already. Nicehash is owned by him and his dad.
See "Former Botmaster, ‘Darkode’ Founder is CTO of Hacked Bitcoin Mining Firm ‘NiceHash’" at KrebsOnSecurity.
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

Ah, the guilty conscience. Remember, every time you nicehash, Satoshi kills a kitten Tongue

Can confirm. Nicehash is run by satanist lizard illuminati criminal botnet herders.

Activity: 420
Merit: 184
EDIT - @nanona - I didn't know about Claymore not including Heavy and that would definitely sway my vote even though I prefer xmr-stak.

For reference.

No CN-heavy, no old GPUs, sorry, I just don't have time for it.

That's precisely what I was worried would happen - that any other algo fork than what Monero chose would be ignored by the major miner devs.
Anyone noticed that there are some quite big blocks lately? Sometimes in a row, like 107288 to 107290, sized appr. 60 kB each. 107348 is even 70 kB in size.
Then there are some fairly large tx, like 8473f510cdaab30da28a7f2c2199ab72e2b83c30e99dd4de904ab532baace14e sized 43 kB in block 107273. Looks like a ton of tiny inputs (mining rewards?) getting sent to a new address to clean up the wallet?
If this is the same algo that Turtlecoin [TRTL] switched to then, sure. Otherwise, following Monero is also a good strategy as I outlined before.

The threat of ASICs is very real, though - I also mine mined Intensecoin but its network hashrate has jumped from 3-5MH/s to 25-35MH/s over the last 2 days.

EDIT - @nanona - I didn't know about Claymore not including Heavy and that would definitely sway my vote even though I prefer xmr-stak.
Yes this is the cryptonight Lite V7, asic proof, Turtlecoin implement it on last HF. Many coin go to "standard" V7, but I think the lite version is more fair, also can run on smaller devices.

Cryptonight Lite v7 seems to be working very well for Turtlecoin so seems like a good choice, and higher absolute hashrates are always nicer psychologically, even if they don't get you more blocks in a relative sense.  Grin
Activity: 361
Iridium (IRD) dev
Is irdpool.fr stuck? No block found since 2 hours despite estimated to find a block every 20 minutes.
I restarted it and put some power, looks ok now
"Some power"? I saw 130 kH/s being added instantly (from 40 to 170 kH/s). That must be one very powerful Vega GPU you got there Cheesy
Aaaand, it's gone again. Back to 40 kH/s.
Yes  Smiley it was a NH @ 200kH, for the vega64, I receive the PSU tomorrow...

For reference.

No CN-heavy, no old GPUs, sorry, I just don't have time for it.
Is irdpool.fr stuck? No block found since 2 hours despite estimated to find a block every 20 minutes.

"Some power"? I saw 130 kH/s being added instantly (from 40 to 170 kH/s). That must be one very powerful Vega GPU you got there Cheesy
Aaaand, it's gone again. Back to 40 kH/s.
Iridium (IRD) dev
I like the cryptonight lite V7 witch is fair for old cpu too.

If this is the same algo that Turtlecoin [TRTL] switched to then, sure. Otherwise, following Monero is also a good strategy as I outlined before.

The threat of ASICs is very real, though - I also mine mined Intensecoin but its network hashrate has jumped from 3-5MH/s to 25-35MH/s over the last 2 days.

Yes this is the cryptonight Lite V7, asic proof, Turtlecoin implement it on last HF. Many coin go to "standard" V7, but I think the lite version is more fair, also can run on smaller devices.
Iridium (IRD) dev
Some news :
I tested successfully the cryptonight V7 and also the cryptonight-lite V7. I like the cryptonight lite V7 witch is fair for old cpu too. Cryptonight heavy is... heavy and not all implemented on miners softwares. My fear is common people could'nt mine.
Also by following monero, we can be assured that nexts versions will be followed too. I think about portable wallets too.
Is anybody against the cryptonight-lite V7 ?

As far as I remember pretty much everybody here voted for CN heavy.

I haven't voted yet but I don't like that CN heavy will not be available in Claymore's miner. Not sure if the people who voted were aware of this since Claymore mentioned this only one week ago.
I know, but there is reflections behind and it's easier to implement/test. (actually, I already tested v7 and v7 lite and it's ok,  Need to prepare pool libs).
For the heavy version, it's harder to implement but will try this week-end.
Iridium (IRD) dev
I like the cryptonight lite V7 witch is fair for old cpu too.

Some news :
I tested successfully the cryptonight V7 and also the cryptonight-lite V7. I like the cryptonight lite V7 witch is fair for old cpu too. Cryptonight heavy is... heavy and not all implemented on miners softwares. My fear is common people could'nt mine.
Also by following monero, we can be assured that nexts versions will be followed too. I think about portable wallets too.

As far as I remember pretty much everybody here voted for CN heavy.

I haven't voted yet but I don't like that CN heavy will not be available in Claymore's miner. Not sure if the people who voted were aware of this since Claymore mentioned this only one week ago.

Iridium (IRD) dev
Some news :

Pages:
Jump to: