Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto - page 41. (Read 149779 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
It is in the transaction menu of my wallet.
Reset you wallet,
those transactions doesn't exist or are already in a block, unfortunately, actual online block explorer is broken and the wallet doesn't allow a tx search. I will search for them.

Block explorer will be online tonight and pushed to GitHub.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Reset you wallet,
those transactions doesn't exist or are already in a block, unfortunately, actual online block explorer is broken and the wallet doesn't allow a tx search. I will search for them.

Thank you for your careful attention.
Iridium wishes you a big hit.
Activity: 361
Merit: 11
Iridium (IRD) dev
Reset you wallet,
This transaction has not been confirmed for several months.
Thoses transactions are not in mempool : the only one stucked since a while is the big one, all other have been released and the too first are the current waiting.

where did you see them ?

Iridium (IRD) dev
Thoses transactions are not in mempool : the only one stucked since a while is the big one, all other have been released and the too first are the current waiting.

where did you see them ?
transaction :  97569b72298123b1c59fd0d26e59f6cfc1ffccae92ab17f499eea16358870679 : 25.6 Iridium
transaction :  45473dfc1cf99a7beadcc468f27f729dee6dbe79f80effca47cc21865f9c38b6 : 27.41 Iridium
transaction :  47268ec3a7e546c2cb15cbffe630af4175881ffd83c866c39e3774976f6c2cc5 : 11.73 Iridium
transaction :  e862c1efdcdc488822b189f49a47f9ce29dbf601d1d3168a333fbd54a2022b77 : 20.76 Iridium
transaction :  436008b7e95f547280e2f2905e9047578608a71d9c831be97eb56b061c106bcc : 16.73 Iridium

https://imgur.com/a/9Jbnv

Why can not I confirm?
Hello ! welcome ! What is exactly you problem, we can maybe find a solution or at least try...
Transactions validations are not up to you to be confirmed but take 20 blocks.

Iridium (IRD) dev
transaction :  97569b72298123b1c59fd0d26e59f6cfc1ffccae92ab17f499eea16358870679 : 25.6 Iridium
transaction :  45473dfc1cf99a7beadcc468f27f729dee6dbe79f80effca47cc21865f9c38b6 : 27.41 Iridium
transaction :  47268ec3a7e546c2cb15cbffe630af4175881ffd83c866c39e3774976f6c2cc5 : 11.73 Iridium
transaction :  e862c1efdcdc488822b189f49a47f9ce29dbf601d1d3168a333fbd54a2022b77 : 20.76 Iridium
transaction :  436008b7e95f547280e2f2905e9047578608a71d9c831be97eb56b061c106bcc : 16.73 Iridium
Why can not I confirm?
Hello ! welcome ! What is exactly you problem, we can maybe find a solution or at least try...
Transactions validations are not up to you to be confirmed but take 20 blocks.
transaction :  97569b72298123b1c59fd0d26e59f6cfc1ffccae92ab17f499eea16358870679 : 25.6 Iridium
transaction :  45473dfc1cf99a7beadcc468f27f729dee6dbe79f80effca47cc21865f9c38b6 : 27.41 Iridium
transaction :  47268ec3a7e546c2cb15cbffe630af4175881ffd83c866c39e3774976f6c2cc5 : 11.73 Iridium
transaction :  e862c1efdcdc488822b189f49a47f9ce29dbf601d1d3168a333fbd54a2022b77 : 20.76 Iridium
transaction :  436008b7e95f547280e2f2905e9047578608a71d9c831be97eb56b061c106bcc : 16.73 Iridium

https://imgur.com/a/9Jbnv

Why can not I confirm?
Activity: 51
I did use the exact pool software as used by others, it does not work. Not on any of the available branches either. I have no reason to believe stevebrush was not aware of these pool breaking changes, as per the previous issue, which he explicitly quoted the fix to me after I already fixed it.

You very likely did not use the "exact" same "pool software". The reason I used your pool and recommended it was because your pool allowed a fixed diff share setting, while others didn't have that feature.
When I investigated this something like four months ago I noticed that you ran a different fork of the pool software than all others, which was obvious already by the different source reference and versioning in the footer of your pool page.

I don't know how many forks of that "cryptonote-universal-pool" exist but there must be quite a few and very likely you ran a different one than the other pools. Which as I mentioned previously wasn't a bad thing at all.

To make it clear exactly what I did, here are the following versions I tried.
clintar/cryptonote-xmr-pool
clintar/cryptonote-universal-pool
zone117x/node-cryptonote-pool <--used by others, broken by default
fancoder/cryptonote-universal-pool <--works

in combination with the following node-cryptonote-util
clintar/node-cryptonote-util
clintar/node-cryptonote-util#Nan-2.0
clintar/node-cryptonote-util#xdn-Nan-2.0
clintar/node-cryptonote-util#xmr-Nan-2.0
zone117x/node-cryptonote-util
Snipa22/node-cryptonote-util <--used by others, broken by default
fancoder/node-cryptonote-util <--works

I have dug into the fork history of all of this during my troubleshooting, read every issue involving messages, modified and recompiled node-cryptonote-util. Out of all available combinations and options, only one thing worked and that was fancoder's fork. It's working now and I'm not going to dig any deeper.

In my mind there may be one last difference. I compile my node, and last night there was a new commit, during my troubleshooting I did recompile the node. The possibility exists that the binary released days ago was compiled from code that was not available on the git at time of release. I don't believe this is the case, though.
Activity: 307
Merit: 101
I did use the exact pool software as used by others, it does not work. Not on any of the available branches either. I have no reason to believe stevebrush was not aware of these pool breaking changes, as per the previous issue, which he explicitly quoted the fix to me after I already fixed it.

You very likely did not use the "exact" same "pool software". The reason I used your pool and recommended it was because your pool allowed a fixed share diff setting, while others didn't have that feature.
When I investigated this something like four months ago I noticed that you ran a different fork of the pool software than all others, which was obvious already by the different source reference and versioning in the footer of your pool page.

I don't know how many forks of that "cryptonote-universal-pool" exist but there must be quite a few and very likely you ran a different one than the other pools. Which as I mentioned previously wasn't a bad thing at all.
Iridium (IRD) dev
"western spy" lol.
so now : a little rest with my children (is it really rest ?) and let's see how this algo react in a real world
I found the secret patch, and to quote the developer of the pool you feature in your signature: https://github.com/zone117x/node-cryptonote-pool/issues/14

That's a discussion from 2014 and stevebrush isn't even involved there. So again, how did he "withhold the secret fix" when it is something that is out in the wild since years and not even related to him?!

It looks like you used a different fork of the pool software than anyone else did and therefore you ran into problems others didn't run into.

I used your pool in the past probably more than anyone else did and I did recommend it many times. But with all this noise and ad hominem now I am sure I won't use it ever again (assuming you will eventually find a few minutes to fix your problem instead of posting anti-dev diatribes).

I apologize for being aggressive, waking up at 3am to find a broken pool is not fun. Knowing that it could have been avoided with a basic level of communication, but didn't happen, as per stevebrush's PMs, because I don't donate.
oxлaдитe тpaxaньe, yглeплacтик

i translate for you from russian:

"chill out, dudes"

Damn, I thought it means: "My mama says it's just a phase when I fill my days with mayonez". Anyway, I think we have a "western spy" here.   Grin
I found the secret patch, and to quote the developer of the pool you feature in your signature: https://github.com/zone117x/node-cryptonote-pool/issues/14

That's a discussion from 2014 and stevebrush isn't even involved there. So again, how did he "withhold the secret fix" when it is something that is out in the wild since years and not even related to him?!

It looks like you used a different fork of the pool software than anyone else did and therefore you ran into problems others didn't run into.

I used your pool in the past probably more than anyone else did and I did recommend it many times. But with all this noise and ad hominem now I am sure I won't use it ever again (assuming you will eventually find a few minutes to fix your problem instead of posting anti-dev diatribes).
Iridium (IRD) dev
The solution was to switch to a pool fork that explicitly supports Fantomcoin, by default the fork irdpool.fr and irdpool.eu run does not work with this HF and the developer has stated he will not support it. There is your secret patch.
Let it be no secret, Stevebush for whatever reason seems to hate me and seems to be actively attempting to fuck with irdpool.tk. It's getting the point where I feel I need to audit any code that gets pushed out.
Damned ! I'm trapped !  Grin (Are you sure?) I repeat, there is no patch, no hidden secret, just work. I tested the HF, like others and fix the smalls issues without copy/paste, this is why it's written modded by steevebrush in the pool signature. The first time I try the hard fork 2 month ago, my pool crashed. I did not want it to start again. that's all.
By the way, I did not hate you : Hard fork is a success, stucked transactions are deblocked : not to bad for some git pull and copy/paste.  Wink
Good luck.
Guys please be peaceful. This is the democracy project. We all should achieve success with this coin.
Seems Steve is not interested in irdpool tk issues. More pools - more power.
Steve is not interested in approximately half the hashrate of the network? Sure that hashrate can go elsewhere. The idea that the developer doesn't seem to care about breaking major chunks of the ecosystem is concerning.

I've re-implemented the pool several times now, with several different forks (including the exact forks other running pools use), with several different forks of the back-end used by the pool forks.

All error messages, and research into them indicate a problem with a hardfork. I will continue my search for the secret fix the developer is withholding (probably located within node-cryptonote-util) for a bit more.

I can attempt to re-implement with entirely new pool software (not the same pool software all current IRD pools run) but this would involve migrating to a completely new DB schema.

I said earlier in this thread when mine77 was shutting down I would continue to run irdpool.tk on the condition it wasn't a major time sink. It now is. I have a actual development work I need to be doing, not reverse engineering someone else's patches.
I assume there is no secret patch.
I'm closing this issue and removing stated support for Fantomcoin. This project has no future plans to actively support any coins that don't work by default because the clone coin devs make changes which break the pool software yet make no effort to patch the pool to work with their changes.

For this pool to add support for modified cryptonote coins then the devs/communities behind those coins will have to fund a bounty to make it worth while for devs of this project.

The solution was to switch to a pool fork that explicitly supports Fantomcoin, by default the fork irdpool.fr and irdpool.eu run does not work with this HF and the developer has stated he will not support it. There is your secret patch.

Let it be no secret, Stevebush for whatever reason seems to hate me and seems to be actively attempting to fuck with irdpool.tk. It's getting the point where I feel I need to audit any code that gets pushed out.
Iridium (IRD) dev
Please, load balance your hashrate between the running pools : Choose the closest to you. you won't earn more or less by mining on a pool with not so much people, just your payments will take a little more time : the time for finding blocs and maturate.

actual status of pools :

irdpool.fr : France ( up and running )
irdpool.eu : France too ! ( up and running )
ird.cashpool.us : US ( up and running )

irdpool.ru : RU (edit : don't know if it's ok as a very low miners are there looks ok, it's written on it )

irdpool.de : DE ( out )
irdpool.tk : CA ( out, still I like MTL )
I will continue my search for the secret fix the developer is withholding

Since IRD pools are popping out of the woods left and right these days, I am wondering how all those new operators are able to do so without "the secret fix the developer is withholding" /s
Iridium (IRD) dev
Guys please be peaceful. This is the democracy project. We all should achieve success with this coin.
Steve is not interested in approximately half the hashrate of the network? Sure that hashrate can go elsewhere. The idea that the developer doesn't seem to care about breaking major chunks of the ecosystem is concerning.

I've re-implemented the pool several times now, with several different forks (including the exact forks other running pools use), with several different forks of the back-end used by the pool forks.

All error messages, and research into them indicate a problem with a hardfork. I will continue my search for the secret fix the developer is withholding (probably located within node-cryptonote-util) for a bit more.

I can attempt to re-implement with entirely new pool software (not the same pool software all current IRD pools run) but this would involve migrating to a completely new DB schema.

I said earlier in this thread when mine77 was shutting down I would continue to run irdpool.tk on the condition it wasn't a major time sink. It now is. I have a actual development work I need to be doing, not reverse engineering someone else's patches.
I assume there is no secret patch.

Pages:
Jump to: