Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif - page 25. (Read 149437 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
no, waiting buyers to dump. there is absolutely no support to dump any coins now.
makes more easy to just delete wallet than sell them.
so i will wait bigger buy orders.

Do you mean that the price is OK for you to dump, just not enough buy orders? Wow, you must have like half a million or more then. And you mined it in 2 past weeks? Because earlier you said that you already dumped all your coins.
marketing and promotion is badly needed,otherwise this coin will get  more and more centralized. not a good sign~  Angry

Marketing before the product is completed?   Still needs Android/IOS/Windows Phone wallets, maybe POS integration?  Cart/Horse?
I am expecting the smart phone wallets with some fancy features.

Anything else dev can do specifically and just for you?  Maybe he can have your mom buy you a nice new video adapter?
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
there's a buy order for 0.3btc at 0.0000039
way too cheap,nobody is willing to sell at that price. Grin
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
there's a buy order for 0.3btc at 0.0000039
Activity: 62
no, waiting buyers to dump. there is absolutely no support to dump any coins now.

Do you mean that the price is OK for you to dump, just not enough buy orders? Wow, you must have like half a million or more then. And you mined it in 2 past weeks? Because earlier you said that you already dumped all your coins.
marketing and promotion is badly needed,otherwise this coin will get  more and more centralized. not a good sign~  Angry

Marketing before the product is completed?   Still needs Android/IOS/Windows Phone wallets, maybe POS integration?  Cart/Horse?
I am expecting the smart phone wallets with some fancy features.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Why is my 280X can only run on 147K, I use the 14.7 driver!

no big exchange,no big buy orders.  Grin
I can hardly see any dumps occurring now. I know that lazycoins is broken and doesn't display history but looking at the buy orders I can see they are pretty much the same for weeks. Given that this coin is relatively hard to mine now I think the miners are probably waiting for a better price.
Dumps alway go with the price  rising .  Grin
Activity: 690
Merit: 500

I can hardly see any dumps occurring now. I know that lazycoins is broken and doesn't display history but looking at the buy orders I can see they are pretty much the same for weeks. Given that this coin is relatively hard to mine now I think the miners are probably waiting for a better price.
Activity: 30
Let's not put the cart before the horse. Coin has to first survive the dumpers.

I hope that once we get to the block 100,000th, dumpers will be long gone and there would be enough transactions to keep the coin going on its own.

The later KHC is listed on bigger exchange,the more dumpers. Grin
Activity: 329
Let's not put the cart before the horse. Coin has to first survive the dumpers.

I hope that once we get to the block 100,000th, dumpers will be long gone and there would be enough transactions to keep the coin going on its own.
Activity: 30
I'm not going to get into the whole Economics theory on this thread but, here is a brief explanation.

Inflation is bad only when the monetary supply increases faster than the demand for it. As long as you keep inflation in check, things will be okay.

On the other hand, deflation could be destructive. Sure, it results in an increase in the value of a currency. But, this higher price encourages people to hoard their money (why spend money today, if prices will be lower tomorrow?).
In economies with deflationary periods, the demand falls as people wait for lower prices. When the deflation persists, you get a deflationary death spiral. The reduction of demand causes companies profits to drop which causes layoffs; the contraction of the labor force causes a drop in wages; all of these cause the demand to drop even more. Rinse and repeat.

Bottom line: Economists don't like inflation but, they are terrified of deflation.

About BTC: There are people already predicting that in the future BTC will suffer from the dilemma known as the "Tragedy of the Commons ", if they don't change this deflationary schema.
The question now is how will you increase the demand for this coin? Huh
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
I'm not going to get into the whole Economics theory on this thread but, here is a brief explanation.

Inflation is bad only when the monetary supply increases faster than the demand for it. As long as you keep inflation in check, things will be okay.

On the other hand, deflation could be destructive. Sure, it results in an increase in the value of a currency. But, this higher price encourages people to hoard their money (why spend money today, if prices will be lower tomorrow?).
In economies with deflationary periods, the demand falls as people wait for lower prices. When the deflation persists, you get a deflationary death spiral. The reduction of demand causes companies profits to drop which causes layoffs; the contraction of the labor force causes a drop in wages; all of these cause the demand to drop even more. Rinse and repeat.

Bottom line: Economists don't like inflation but, they are terrified of deflation.

About BTC: There are people already predicting that in the future BTC will suffer from the dilemma known as the "Tragedy of the Commons ", if they don't change this deflationary schema.

Good post - I like your perspectives Smiley

Take Care,
Viz.

It will never be zero as it makes the coin deflationary.

Why don't you like deflation? BTC works this way.
From the OP.

Block reward (or subisidy) is paid to miners using the following schema:

Code:
Blocks: 0 to 99 -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs.
Blocks: 100 to 999 -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs plus a random subsidy of 0 to 399 KHCs.
Blocks: 1,000 to 9,999 -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs plus a random subsidy of 0 to 199 KHCs.
Blocks: 10,000 to 99,999 -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs plus a random subsidy of 0 to 99 KHCs.
Blocks: 100,000 to 124,999 -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs plus a random subsidy of 0 to 49 KHCs.
Blocks: 125,000+ -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs.

That said, we are almost at block 20,000.  You can expect around 1,000,000 new KHCs every 10,000 blocks until we reach the block number 120,000th.  At block 125,000th there will be aprox. 12,800,000 KHCs.  
After that it will be straight forward to calculate.  50 KHCs per block unless the community votes to lower the rewards starting at block 250,000 and beyond.

To my mind infinite inflation is not good for the price. Will it be possible to vote for a zero block reward?

It will never be zero as it makes the coin deflationary.  Remember that coins can be lost as well. As a matter of fact, I lost around 200 KHC forever just last week after one of my VMs with a test wallet got corrupted.
From the OP.

Block reward (or subisidy) is paid to miners using the following schema:

Code:
Blocks: 0 to 99 -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs.
Blocks: 100 to 999 -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs plus a random subsidy of 0 to 399 KHCs.
Blocks: 1,000 to 9,999 -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs plus a random subsidy of 0 to 199 KHCs.
Blocks: 10,000 to 99,999 -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs plus a random subsidy of 0 to 99 KHCs.
Blocks: 100,000 to 124,999 -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs plus a random subsidy of 0 to 49 KHCs.
Blocks: 125,000+ -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs.

That said, we are almost at block 20,000.  You can expect around 1,000,000 new KHCs every 10,000 blocks until we reach the block number 120,000th.  At block 125,000th there will be aprox. 12,800,000 KHCs.  
After that it will be straight forward to calculate.  50 KHCs per block unless the community votes to lower the rewards starting at block 250,000 and beyond.

To my mind infinite inflation is not good for the price. Will it be possible to vote for a zero block reward?
Current version of KSHAKE320 algorithm requires 64Kb per hash.  I could change it to require 128Kb+ on a dime.

But, what limits the speed of the algorithm is not the amount of RAM but, the speed you can store/read data to/from RAM.  If in the future, new RAM technology allows for very fast memory that is also affordable then, the KSHAKE320 algorithm may no longer offer an advantage over regular hashing algorithms.

Word to the wise, don't telegraph your punches.
Pages:
Jump to: